Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

Epcotrob

Bit of Bad news for some

I am attending the Pin Event going on at Epcot. I got to talking with the lady that designed the Open Edition Pins. She was telling me that they were not going to be ready for the 1st of October. The best guess from her was they will be ready sometime in the middle of October. The pins I saw were very nice. But the one with Mickey and Figment was too small and they are making it bigger according to her. The Jumbo pin is very pretty and I expect it to be gone on the first day.
All the limited editions will be ready to go for the first according to her. I really hope she is wrong about the other pins as I want everyone to get the chance to purchase them.

Just giving you all a heads up about the pins.

Disney_Freak429

I am attending the Pin Event going on at Epcot. I got to talking with the lady that designed the Open Edition Pins. She was telling me that they were not going to be ready for the 1st of October. The best guess from her was they will be ready sometime in the middle of October. The pins I saw were very nice. But the one with Mickey and Figment was too small and they are making it bigger according to her. The Jumbo pin is very pretty and I expect it to be gone on the first day.
All the limited editions will be ready to go for the first according to her. I really hope she is wrong about the other pins as I want everyone to get the chance to purchase them.

Just giving you all a heads up about the pins.
Thanks for the update Rob. looks like I am going to have to knock down a few people for the jumbo pin. ;):lookaroun Hope shes wrong too because I don't want to have to get them through ebay ect. once I get home.

brkgnews

If it's the open-edition ones you're talking about buying off ebay, you would probably be better off just going through wdw mail order after the fact. Their shipping is high, but if you're buying several pins it would probably wind up being on par or cheaper than the hiked up ebay prices.

jasondiff

Jason, when will you be getting into town? If possible, I would like to meet with you (once you have the wristbands) so I can drop off the pre-requested ones to Boardwalk Resort (all of the hotels at the Boardwalk Resort).

I will be in town Saturday late afternoon, and was planning on going to MK Saturday evening. If you will be somewhere in or near the parks Saturday evening we can meet up. I will have the wristbands with me. PM me and we can figure something out.

EPCOT.nut

BUMP! :)

Question: People have talked about getting to EPCOT before the parking lot attendants are collecting parking fees...I think that is what I read...I really want to get there early on Monday...What about paying for parking?
How does this work? I don't want to get into trouble! I am thinking of renewing my seasonal AP but I know parking is not included.

Disney_Freak429

I will be in town Saturday late afternoon, and was planning on going to MK Saturday evening. If you will be somewhere in or near the parks Saturday evening we can meet up. I will have the wristbands with me. PM me and we can figure something out.
First off I AM BOOKED!!!! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::D:D:D:cool:
(All Star Music Sept. 30-Oct. 2)
Second Jason I will be landing around noon on the 30th so I will also PM you so you can get rid of another wristband right away. So everyone I will see you there now for sure I am beyond excited now & yes in tears.:cry:(ok not that many but a few) :animwink: With less than 24hrs. until I see a list of the events this day is going to be the best day ever.(of coarse until Oct. 1) :animwink:

jasondiff

BUMP! :)

Question: People have talked about getting to EPCOT before the parking lot attendants are collecting parking fees...I think that is what I read...I really want to get there early on Monday...What about paying for parking?
How does this work? I don't want to get into trouble! I am thinking of renewing my seasonal AP but I know parking is not included.

We're still working to confirm with Disney what time we will be allowed to enter the parking lot. That may very well be different from the time they will start staffing the toll booths, which is something we may not know in advance. Although the prospect of saving $11 will probably encourage people to get there early!

Figments Friend

Original Poster
And remember folks: If you are staying at a Disney hotel On Site, Parking is FREE! Just show em' your Resort ID!

:wave:

Yet another reason to stay On Property.....

EPCOT.nut

WELL, living 2-1/2 hours away..I was thinking of driving both days to save money and also make sure my cats and dog are taken care of. Can't just leave out a lot of food with all of the rain we have been getting! That would really be mean! And when we aren't home my dog hoovers all the cat food. :fork: :lol:

We're just going to have to put up the money! Wish the seasonal pass came with parking! It would be nice! :king:

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
WELL, living 2-1/2 hours away..I was thinking of driving both days to save money and also make sure my cats and dog are taken care of. Can't just leave out a lot of food with all of the rain we have been getting! That would really be mean! And when we aren't home my dog hoovers all the cat food. :fork: :lol:

We're just going to have to put up the money! Wish the seasonal pass came with parking! It would be nice! :king:

I'm with you on that one. It would be nice if they extended the free parking to the Seasonal folks, we still spend alot of $$ for our pass, it would be a nice gesture :animwink:

EPCOT.nut

I'm with you on that one. It would be nice if they extended the free parking to the Seasonal folks, we still spend alot of $$ for our pass, it would be a nice gesture :animwink:

YEAH! And we spend a lot of money in the parks, too. Sometimes I would go to EPCOT for 1/2 day to eat lunch and dinner during the off season, and then drive back home. During those times I tend to pass up some of the rides to just "hang out" at EPCOT. Which of course means drinking beer and margaritas and that all costs a bit of money, too.

I had the regular APs last year and loved the free parking thing. I went at least twice a month. It is just so expensive to keep them up - I really don't make enough money to justify!

A year or so ago they had the values at $59/night and we just ate that up to go for two days (just one night) - it is just hard to put that money out when I can drive! :lol: :animwink:

I hope this isn't too off topic as it is Epcot related. I'm sending out a 'newsletter' to my wedding guests talking about the parks and Epcot's anniversary in particular and how that's why we picked October 1 for our wedding. But I am in need of a good picture of the newly wandless Spaceship Earth to use. Most of the people coming haven't been to WDW before and I don't want to confuse them. ;) Does anyone have one they wouldn't mind me using? I'll give credit, of course. Thank you so much!

jasondiff

YEAH! And we spend a lot of money in the parks, too. Sometimes I would go to EPCOT for 1/2 day to eat lunch and dinner during the off season, and then drive back home. During those times I tend to pass up some of the rides to just "hang out" at EPCOT. Which of course means drinking beer and margaritas and that all costs a bit of money, too.

I had the regular APs last year and loved the free parking thing. I went at least twice a month. It is just so expensive to keep them up - I really don't make enough money to justify!

A year or so ago they had the values at $59/night and we just ate that up to go for two days (just one night) - it is just hard to put that money out when I can drive! :lol: :animwink:

At $11/day parking, you can figure essentially an automatic discount of $22 for a one-night/two-day stay. That's a good chunk of change!

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla

Yup, the BF and I spend alot of our days as 1/2 days at Epcot for the eating and wandering :lol:

I love when we can afford to "splurge" and stay overnight, like we'll be doing on Sept 30th because it is even better without the drive. Most times though, we end up flippin' a coin to see who has to drive home at night!!

Speaking of driving home at night, can someone please explain the whole "Barge Burnoff" thing to me please? I never knew such a thing existed and I'm very curious... is it something worth doing before the drive home on the 1st?

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
I hope this isn't too off topic as it is Epcot related. I'm sending out a 'newsletter' to my wedding guests talking about the parks and Epcot's anniversary in particular and how that's why we picked October 1 for our wedding. But I am in need of a good picture of the newly wandless Spaceship Earth to use. Most of the people coming haven't been to WDW before and I don't want to confuse them. ;) Does anyone have one they wouldn't mind me using? I'll give credit, of course. Thank you so much!

My avatar is one that I took if you like it. I don't mind if it's borrowed:

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w99/sweetrok5/057.jpg

My avatar is one that I took if you like it. I don't mind if it's borrowed:

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!

I love that picture, I've seen a lot of pictures of Spaceship Earth without its wand, but I still get a warm fuzzy feeling every time. I can't wait to see it in person on September 30th!

jasondiff

Speaking of driving home at night, can someone please explain the whole "Barge Burnoff" thing to me please? I never knew such a thing existed and I'm very curious... is it something worth doing before the drive home on the 1st?

Imagine an unbelievable amount of propane ignited all at once.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SkHhdqfk4D4

Is it worth it? I'd say so, especially if you're going to be there till 10 or so anyway. You'll have to decide if it's worth staying that late for 5 seconds of fire. Anywhere you stand along the lagoon, you will feel the heat.

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Imagine an unbelievable amount of propane ignited all at once.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SkHhdqfk4D4

Is it worth it? I'd say so, especially if you're going to be there till 10 or so anyway. You'll have to decide if it's worth staying that late for 5 seconds of fire. Anywhere you stand along the lagoon, you will feel the heat.

Woah! I'm not sure how it is that I haven't heard about this before, but thanks for showing it to me :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom