Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Here's Jenn's awesome shirt:
Jenns_painted_t-shirt.jpg

Holy Moly that is really good!! You definitely have to wear that and then change later for the Dessert Party. That is just fantastic!

EPCOT.nut

:lol: :lol: I expected to see a home-made looking shirt. :wave:
Bet EPCOT would want to buy that design from you, Jenn. It is very professional looking. Nice!

Kuhio

What a beautiful shirt!

And it is indeed very professional looking -- more so than many of the actual shirts sold at WDW.

Disney_Freak429

What a beautiful shirt!

And it is indeed very professional looking -- more so than many of the actual shirts sold at WDW.
That was my exact thought when I saw it & a bit of this :eek::cool: I would buy that in a second if they made it. Jenn maybe after the event you could go into a shirt making biz to make some extra cash because that is the best retro EPCOT shirt I have ever seen.(including the ones Disney made) I love the fact you only included the icons of what was open on the first day very cool touch.

jasondiff

I just booked my airfare!!!!!!!! I will be traveling solo, a first for me! None of my family can take off from work :( Quick question, I know I missed signing up for the Illuminations Dessert party but is there still a waitlist incase people cancel/etc...???? I looked on the website for the event but I did not know which email to contact!

Any info would be great!

Thanks!

I send you a PM but haven't heard back - check your PMs!

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for all your kind comments regarding my recently painted shirt! I have a "bad habit" of making custom shirts for myself to wear in the Parks. They always catch the attention of the CM's, and in many cases some of the characters too when they spot it! I have had some fun adventures in the Parks with different shirts i have done.

Back in the Summer of 02' when "Lilo and Stitch" had exploded onto movie screens i painted a shirt of Stitch to wear for my visit to WDW that fall. At that time, there was very little merchandise around with Stitch on it, let alone adult size t-shirts ( non-exsistant really....beleive me, i looked HARD!). I decided to paint my own...and when i wore it in the Parks people kept asking me where i bought it...exspecially the CMs! I remember when i visited the Animation building at D/MGM then, Lilo and Stitch were out visiting in a area inside where the roped queue is. The Greeters went nuts, not to mention Stitch....who went totally crazy when he saw my shirt! There is a nice photo i have of all of us there, with Stitch not wanting to let me leave! Ha ha! It was awesome! Later when i visited DAK, King Louie and Timon came over and pointed to my shirt during the "Jammin' Jungle" parade. Louie was lovin' it ( perhaps he was also a "friend" of Stitch?)

Another fun adventure was when i visited the Animation building last year wearing my painted Roger Rabbit shirt. I am a HUGE Roger fan and miss seeing him in the parks BADLY! I was standing in line waiting for the Pre-Show and i had two CM's come over to ask about the shirt. They thought it might be a new shirt out in the shops there at MGM, but when i told them it was a handmade job, they freaked out! 5 minutes later one of the CM's who works in the "Animation Academy" show came out to check it out, and thought it was nice. He said i could be a Show Artist there with no problem! Yay!! I was rather flatured from all the nice comments they all gave me that day.

Can i just state that i would LOVE to have a job at Disney? Yeah i know....EVERYONE here says that, but in all honestly, it is a longtime dream of mine.

One of these days....it WILL happen!!

:)

Okay....sorry about the thread drift.....just thought folks would like to hear about some of my adventures with my various homemade shirts.

Let's get back to our big EPCOT Event!

Okay....so is anyone already in the process of packing for the trip? I am beleive it or not...i love preperation. I get a real buzz off of the "build-up" to something. It is almost always just as exicting to me as the actual day/event in many cases. So yeah, i have already started my pile! So far i have some pins set aside, my old-school camera, some film rolls ( make that lots) and all my travel papers.

Here are some essentials for adding into your bags before coming over for the Big Event:

*-*-*-Official packing tips for attending "Celebration 25"-*-*-*

1- Cameras of all kinds...both video and stills!
2- Money for buying lots of 25th Anniversary EPCOT Pins and Retro Gear!
3- Mini American Flag to wave during the finale at "The American Adventure" ( a MUST!)
4- EPCOT themed clothing/accesories to wear on the Big Day
5- All travel related documents ( Park tix, Flight info, Hotel documents, etc.)
6- Photo ID ( for picking up Event wristbands, particularly for those registered for the Dessert Party)
7- Printed out copy of your registration e-mail ( for both Celebration 25 and the Dessert Party)
8- Pins for trading ( if you are into the "Pin Thing"...)

If i am missing anything, feel free to add to the "essential packing" list above!

EPCOT.nut

Can i just state that i would LOVE to have a job at Disney? Yeah i know....EVERYONE here says that, but in all honestly, it is a longtime dream of mine.

One of these days....it WILL happen!!

It is going to happen on 9/30 and 10/1.

:lol: :D :lol:

Really, I am worried about you guys and gals trying to control the mob and get us all registered!

What about offering to have people who would want to send some money via paypal to have their armbands, etc sent to their homes prior to the event? If you had a cut-off date within the next week or so and made it at least $10 that would cover priority shipping. :shrug:

jasondiff

Really, I am worried about you guys and gals trying to control the mob and get us all registered!

What about offering to have people who would want to send some money via paypal to have their armbands, etc sent to their homes prior to the event? If you had a cut-off date within the next week or so and made it at least $10 that would cover priority shipping. :shrug:

Thanks for thinking of us! However this isn't going to work because we won't have the dessert party wristbands until just a few days prior so there won't be time to mail them. The best situation would be for as many people as possible to come Sunday morning to get their wristbands, since that day will be much less hectic than Monday in terms of what is going on. Even if you are not participating in any of Sunday's events, just stopping to get your registration materials will help us out a lot!

EPCOT.nut

Thanks for thinking of us! However this isn't going to work because we won't have the dessert party wristbands until just a few days prior so there won't be time to mail them. The best situation would be for as many people as possible to come Sunday morning to get their wristbands, since that day will be much less hectic than Monday in terms of what is going on. Even if you are not participating in any of Sunday's events, just stopping to get your registration materials will help us out a lot!

Certainly will be there on Sunday. As soon as the registration went over 400 that decision was made. As if my arm has to be twisted to go to EPCOT an additional day! :lol: Oh well, I tried to have a good thought for ya!

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Yes, i will echo Jasons' sentiments and say that it would work out best if we had the bulk of registered attendees stop by SUNDAY MORNING to register and pick up their wristbands.

It will definately make Monday morning a bit less hectic, and may free things up enough so everyone is ready to get on with the Party!

EPCOT.nut -- Yeah i never though about it that way: But YES, i WILL be "working for Disney" i guess those two days! Geesh and i thought i was on "vacation"....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

jedimaster1227

Jason, when will you be getting into town? If possible, I would like to meet with you (once you have the wristbands) so I can drop off the pre-requested ones to Boardwalk Resort (all of the hotels at the Boardwalk Resort).

As if my arm has to be twisted to go to EPCOT an additional day! :lol:

I was thinking of skipping Sunday for the wholesome smell of chili dog and the never too old Roz jokes... But thats just me... :lookaroun

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Heh heh...just rememeber:

"It's MY chili dog!....Mmmm all MINE!"

And as far as Roz goes......be careful, as she is always watching. Always.

:lol:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I`m afraid we`ll be Monday only; day one of our holiday is at the MK (Sunday) to do BTM before the rehab. And of course check out the HM. And in my case PotC, IASW, Philhar,SGE......

But give us an earliest time to be at Epcot on the Monday and I bet we`ll beat you to it. Almost. Something tells me I`ll be far too excited to sleep much Sunday night. THREE WEEKS TOMORROW!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom