Fulton's Crab House Closing for Six Months to become Paddlefish

jt04

Photo update as of Monday, Nov. 7. After looking like a steel skeleton for several months, the exterior "shape" of the Paddlefish is beginning to take shape. The external panels are being installed. Note the structure of the round house on top, and the side panels on the third deck.

View attachment 173835

A new "screen" railing is being installed on all levels. Here you can see it surrounding the aft part of the ship, on the third deck.

View attachment 173836

A closer look at the new railing being installed, yet to be painted. The overall look will be a more "contemporary" look to Paddlefish.

View attachment 173837

A multitude of HVAC units have been lifted to the top deck, which will probably be hidden upon completion.

View attachment 173838

Good to see the ship's wheel still in place. Wonder if it will be a photo OP?

MarkTwain

Still no sign of a paddle wheel or smokestacks.

I was just thinking this. I hope they were not scraped to save budget.

I was thinking that too. Hopefully, since they're larger both components, they're being built assembled off-site and will be quickly installed in the near future. The new paneling and painting would be a slower process by comparison.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
I think it is clear by the steel supports that the paddle wheel is still part of the plan.

From what I can see, there has been no change to the paddle wheel support structure. Below is a comparison between when the construction first started and how it looks currently (Thanks @WDWtraveler ) . While there has been considerable work done on the back of the "ship", the support structure pretty much looks the same.You would think that there would be some kind of mounting apparatus added if they were going to be adding the wheel.

Obviously, the construction is not finished and the paddle wheel and smoke stacks can still be added. But so far, it doesn't look like it.

img_8042-jpg.147876

img_1979-jpg.165827

jt04

From what I can see, there has been no change to the paddle wheel support structure. Below is a comparison between when the construction first started and how it looks currently (Thanks @WDWtraveler ) . While there has been considerable work done on the back of the "ship", the support structure pretty much looks the same.You would think that there would be some kind of mounting apparatus added if they were going to be adding the wheel.

Obviously, the construction is not finished and the paddle wheel and smoke stacks can still be added. But so far, it doesn't look like it.

img_8042-jpg.147876

img_1979-jpg.165827

I will go out on a limb and predict it happening. Under Iger the concept art matches what happens. This could be an exception because it is not Disney owned. We will know soon.

Slowjack

I will go out on a limb and predict it happening. Under Iger the concept art matches what happens. This could be an exception because it is not Disney owned. We will know soon.
Part of me wants to bookmark this post for when anyone complains about someone else basing an opinion just from seeing the concept art...:)

Seriously, though, I would be very surprised if the paddlewheel didn't return:

The paddle wheel’s return helped pin down a name. Learning there was a paddlefish (freshwater native to the Mississippi River Basin) sealed it. (from today's Orlando Sentinel).

The Empress Lilly

Seriously, though, I would be very surprised if the paddlewheel didn't return:

The paddle wheel’s return helped pin down a name. Learning there was a paddlefish (freshwater native to the Mississippi River Basin) sealed it. (from today's Orlando Sentinel).
This. The very name becomes incomprehensible without a paddle.

Then again, we've seen WDW surpass bizarre parody before.

Also - we wants a churning paddle! Not a static one. No cheating now, you hear? :cautious:

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
As I have said before yet apparently I have to say it again, those items will be some of the last details to be added. Installing them now would only make working on the project more difficult and the chances of the detail items getting damaged is too great.

Just be patient.

I totally agree with you. My post was more to say that there is no sign of a wheel or smokestacks yet. The project is not finished and there's still plenty of time for them to be added. I would think that they might have added some kind of mounting structure for the wheel, but that may still be coming.

articos

I totally agree with you. My post was more to say that there is no sign of a wheel or smokestacks yet. The project is not finished and there's still plenty of time for them to be added. I would think that they might have added some kind of mounting structure for the wheel, but that may still be coming.
Stacks and paddle are coming back. There's no change there.

The Empress Lilly

Found this rummaging through my desk, I thought you folks would appreciate it.
View attachment 177028
Thanks!

Did you buy it or did you have brekkie here?

Also, can I just point out the irony that the sole identifying elements of the boat they use on the button are the smoke stacks and paddlewheel? These are indeed the defining elements of this and any paddlewheel steamboat. Exactly the elements that have been missing for nearly a generation. Yes, old news, but it bears pointing out.

the.dreamfinder

Thanks!

Did you buy it or did you have brekkie here?

Also, can I just point out the irony that the sole identifying elements of the boat they use on the button are the smoke stacks and paddlewheel? These are indeed the defining elements of this and any paddlewheel steamboat. Exactly the elements that have been missing for nearly a generation. Yes, old news, but it bears pointing out.
As a kid, my first character breakfasts were aboard the Empress Lilly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom