Fulton's Crab House Closing for Six Months to become Paddlefish

Slowjack

I'll be surprised if they come back.
To be clear, there is no reason to think the smokestacks and paddlewheel aren't returning. The name of the restaurant is, in part, because of the paddlewheel coming back, and the paddlewheel and smokestacks have been visible in every iteration of concept art. Frankly, the building will look like a small office block without those. It won't make any sense.

WDWFanDave

To be clear, there is no reason to think the smokestacks and paddlewheel aren't returning. The name of the restaurant is, in part, because of the paddlewheel coming back, and the paddlewheel and smokestacks have been visible in every iteration of concept art. Frankly, the building will look like a small office block without those. It won't make any sense.
And, @articos has chimed in several times to confirm the return, as well. Hopefully plans have remained in place!

TimeTrip

Pic from today. Note the signage and exterior staircase.....
EDIT: Somehow I also missed the smokestack work...
IMG_20161210_163806.jpg

Last edited:

The Empress Lilly

Where there's smokestacks, there's a paddle wheel, right? Overall it actually isn't looking bad (though that new staircase is awkward).

Paging @The Empress Lilly...
Surely that staircase is for construction? :eek:

The stacks are now definitive. But that doesn't come as a surprise. I expect a wheel too. My main question is if the wheel will churn...

I'm happy the ship is fixed up, but the modern look isn't really appealing to me. I understand the 'fixed up modernised waterfront' style is what they are going for throughout Springs. But...those restored former harbour / waterfront areas are a dime a dozen, every hip and trendy city has got one nowadays for its local hipster crowd. A classic steamboat is rarer.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Surely that staircase is for construction? :eek:

The stacks are now definitive. But that doesn't come as a surprise. I expect a wheel too. My main question is if the wheel will churn...

I'm happy the ship is fixed up, but the modern look isn't really appealing to me. I understand the 'fixed up modernised waterfront' style is what they are going for throughout Springs. But...those restored former harbour / waterfront areas are a dime a dozen, every hip and trendy city has got one nowadays for its local hipster crowd. A classic steamboat is rarer.

They look permeant to, if they were just for construction they would just have put together something out of scaffolding. It may be something required by fire code but has been grandfathered in until now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom