Fulton's Crab House Closing for Six Months to become Paddlefish

flyerjab

One of the menu items that we heard will be offered here will be a build your own steamer pot. They know that they will have some tough competition from the firmly established Boathouse, which is known for its oysters. The operators of Paddlefish wanted to come up with something a bit different so steamer pots that you can customize is one menu item that they will be offering...and that I will be buying. :hungry:

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Sunday, August 14. More aluminum wall studs have been installed on the second and third decks, outlining the window and door locations.

IMG_8226.JPG

All remaining signs and logos for Fulton's Crab House have been removed from the stern.

IMG_8225.JPG

alissafalco

One of the menu items that we heard will be offered here will be a build your own steamer pot. They know that they will have some tough competition from the firmly established Boathouse, which is known for its oysters. The operators of Paddlefish wanted to come up with something a bit different so steamer pots that you can customize is one menu item that they will be offering...and that I will be buying. :hungry:
That sounds really good!! I'm in!!

build_it

Well, there's no doubt about the level of rehab going into this one. I imagine from the age of the original and its lack of major overhauls through the years, this might have been necessary. Sleek and modern, here we come. *sigh*

roj2323

Wonder if this started to become a can of worms once they started to open it up, or is the gazebo crew doing double duty?

Looks like a can of worms situation. The initial deconstruction was more internal aside from stripping details off the outside but then walls started disappearing. Some of them were meant to disappear but others were not according to the renderings so I'm guessing that they found Rotted wood and or termites which is not really surprising. Once you are down to the studs it's not a huge cost (relative) to just replace them especially with no load bearing issues to contend with which appears to be the case.

roj2323

Late November according to their twitter. Also has several pieces of concept art for the interior of the restaurant.

https://twitter.com/paddlefishorl/status/758421756616904704
I can see late November happening. They are starting to close it back in now and the exterior is pretty simple so it should go together fast. Meanwhile there's really not much stopping the crews from working on the interior and exterior at the same time. It will certainly be a race to the finish but they will get it done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom