Fulton's Crab House Closing for Six Months to become Paddlefish

Clamman73

IMG_1977.JPG
IMG_1979.JPG
9/29

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Friday, October 21. Construction continues...but with careful observation, I wanted to point out something new. This photo is, of course, the shore side of the Paddlefish. The second deck of the ship is located just above the fence and sign in this photo. Note the windows on the second deck now have steel studs and are covered by sheetrock (or something similar) on the inside. The outside of the windows still retain their window frames. Therefore, I suspect these will be faux windows from the outside, as seen at STK. The lower level and third deck on this side of the ship are undetermined as yet, covered by plywood or are still open. The concept art only shows the "lake side" of Paddlefish, with true windows depicted overlooking the lake. Perhaps the "shore side" of the Paddlefish won't have windows that overlook the plaza, at least on the second deck.

IMG_8523.JPG

The Empress Lilly

Unlike you, I'm not a precog who predicted everything at WDW five years in advance. Hence my apprehension at what will become of the boat they named after me.

I saw her in her skeleton shape earlier this month. Well last month, how time flies! Now she's slowly being rebuild. After all this time I'm still not used to the new modern look, neither after having seen Disney Springs in person. Restoring the smoke stacks and wheel etc counts for something, certainly. But a paddleboat shouldn't look like it was converted by a provincial interior designer to resemble a 2011 big city lounge bar. It should look classic, vintage, restored. :oops:

Last edited:

jt04

Unlike you, I'm not a precog who predicted everything at WDW five years in advance. Hence my apprehension at what will become of the boat they named after me.

I saw her in her skeleton shape earlier this month. Well last month, how time flies! Now she's slowly being rebuild. After all this time I'm still not used to the new modern look, still not after having seen Disney Springs. Restoring the smoke stacks and wheel etc counts for something, certainly. But a paddleboat shouldn't look like it was converted by a provincial interior designer to resemble a 2011 big city bar. It should look classic, vintage, restored. :oops:

I was sidetracked because you responded so long after the picture was posted. I share your concerns though. Time will tell if it is a winner.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Monday, Nov. 7. After looking like a steel skeleton for several months, the exterior "shape" of the Paddlefish is beginning to take shape. The external panels are being installed. Note the structure of the round house on top, and the side panels on the third deck.

IMG_8616.JPG

A new "screen" railing is being installed on all levels. Here you can see it surrounding the aft part of the ship, on the third deck.

IMG_8614.JPG

A closer look at the new railing being installed, yet to be painted. The overall look will be a more "contemporary" look to Paddlefish.

IMG_8612.JPG

A multitude of HVAC units have been lifted to the top deck, which will probably be hidden upon completion.

IMG_8611.JPG

Last edited:

ABQ

Now I was never on the Empress Lilly back in the day, but are not those some sort of fencing like railings behind the fancy scroll work facade? Almost looks like standard chain link with a red railing.

11-8-2016 7-05-31 AM.jpg

Could they be planning the same sort of thing here?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Now I was never on the Empress Lilly back in the day, but are not those some sort of fencing like railings behind the fancy scroll work facade? Almost looks like standard chain link with a red railing.

View attachment 173984

Could they be planning the same sort of thing here?

Probably not, since the concept art shows they are going for a much more modern look...

paddlefish-concept-art-disney-springs.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom