Fulton's Crab House Closing for Six Months to become Paddlefish

danlb_2000

Premium Member
They are getting ready for the paddlewheel...

upload_2016-12-15_12-34-9.png

Kman101

It's still a work in progress, no?

I saw it for the first time in person yesterday since the conversion started and while I think what it looks like now is really nice and modern, I have to admit I missed what it used to look like :(

I loved everything else about the new Disney Springs (it's seriously THE nicest mall I've been to so far in my life) but that part just really made me sad for some reason. To me it took me right out of what they were going for with the theming.

The Empress Lilly

You'd think for a restaurant named Paddlefish, they'd put more visual emphasis on the paddle...

I can't believe after well over a decade of a not having a paddle, they would mess it up once they finally restore it.
Twenty years. The Fulton Crap House contract ran for twenty years.

You know what saddens me? When I see those pictures of the paddle wheel they currently install. It's not a moving one as before, just a few planks. Surely for $20k - $30 you can get a few wooden planks sawed, painted and installed? How could the world's biggest themed environment not get that pocket change together in twenty years to install at least this b-mode version such an integral element of one of its biggest show pieces?

(Actually, I do know why, because Levy Restaurants and TWDC both held the other party legally responsible for the boat's upkeep. And couldn't work something out, deciding instead to just look at each other with a stupid look on their face for two decades...)

Last edited:

DrewmanS

You'd think for a restaurant named Paddlefish, they'd put more visual emphasis on the paddle...

I can't believe after well over a decade of a not having a paddle, they would mess it up once they finally restore it.
The "boat" is docked. A paddle wheel would not turn while it is tied to the dock, especially now that the dock is a U-shaped slip.

The Empress Lilly

The "boat" is docked. A paddle wheel would not turn while it is tied to the dock, especially now that the dock is a U-shaped slip.
The wheel has turned for decades. This will be the first time the Empress Lilly will have a non-moving wheel.

The engine of the Liberty Belle too is kept running while docked.

build_it

Looks cool, although I've never seen a "modern" steam paddleboat before.

Maybe they should have gone the route of The Admiral that used to be docked in St. Louis. That was a modern paddleboat... until it was scrapped a few years ago.

Attachments

• The Admiral - St Louis.jpg
    The Admiral - St Louis.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 167

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom