Fulton's Crab House Closing for Six Months to become Paddlefish

Phantom Mickey

A modern paddle boat?

That just hit me as well.
The outside walls pushed out, which is why the added decking is there, with a cleaned up exterior on a turn of the century paddle wheeler boat, and a modern yacht interior. hmmm It'll look good if you don't think about the interior and exterior at the same time.
To give that modern exterior look that have removed all the decorative scripting, above the wheel house.
Have to see what the finished product looks like I guess.

Phantom Mickey

Also I would say the Boathouse is themed to Yachting as well. surely Fultons should have gone after a paddleship theme, just to differentiate from the boathouse!

I'm looking at this as they are trying to get the building to look modern to fit in with the rest of DISNEY SPRINGS. They have taken out the custom curved windows and the concept shows large picture windows to help give a clean modern look. The older style railings are gone and the decorative scripting has been removed from above the wheelhouse...... so there is no turning back now.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I thought most of THE ISLAND had been demollished? Are you saying they kept the buildings?

Some of the buildings were kept, but even when new buildings were built they were designed to look like old buildings that had been repurposed. Look at the new Coke building as a good example.

articos

Not to bust the warm cozy feeling that seems to be building here, but the DIZZY I seem to know isn't really impressed with warm and cozy. More of an inventor to snare your dollars any way they can.
... Do you guys know WHY the stacks and the paddle wheel was removed in the first place???
It wasn't because they wanted FOLTONS to be a more stand alone looking building.
... THE PADDLE WHEEL is made of wood and from inception had become a big maintenance issue. DIZZY had to routinely remove the paddle wheel and rebuild it, replacing the rotted wood. you know if it costs money, DIZZY usually has one cure....
... The stacks had a sort of similar issue. They were built to last a long time but time was taking its tole on them. Around the time DIZZY wanted to be relieved of the food service and having the burden of all the other pluses that are associated with a big theme park the STACKS became an issue. During a paint / inspection they found the stacks were rusting and from what I read it was pretty bad at the base of the stacks. The article stated there were severe concerns about the integrity of the metal. Since FOLTONS was coming in, DIZZY just eliminated that maintenance issue.
... The only way I can see DIZZY reversing this decision is if they are REALLY pushing the propaganda for the DizzySprings as a whole. I really don't recall DIZZY reversing a decision like this, once its gone...........
When the sternwheel and the stacks were removed, they were planned to be replaced. They were not removed with the intention of leaving them off for as long as they've been gone.

She - the boat/building - will still be (and always has been) the Empress Lilly. The restaurant is named Paddlefish.

Phantom Mickey

When the sternwheel and the stacks were removed, they were planned to be replaced. They were not removed with the intention of leaving them off for as long as they've been gone.

She - the boat/building - will still be (and always has been) the Empress Lilly. The restaurant is named Paddlefish.

I think SHE is losing her identity. The custom scrolling is being removed, the period railings gone. Her custom arched windows are being torn out and she is being reffited with huge store type windows... Her riverboat look is being reshaped but the added decking and the walls are being pushed out and she is being completely refitted with a modern look. What little that will remain may suggest a boat of some type but her new modern boxy shape will suggest a building.

She lost the monikor EMPRESS LILY when Fultons took over and after the refit the period riverboat look is gone.

build_it

I think SHE is losing her identity. The custom scrolling is being removed, the period railings gone. Her custom arched windows are being torn out and she is being reffited with huge store type windows... Her riverboat look is being reshaped but the added decking and the walls are being pushed out and she is being completely refitted with a modern look. What little that will remain may suggest a boat of some type but her new modern boxy shape will suggest a building.

She lost the monikor EMPRESS LILY when Fultons took over and after the refit the period riverboat look is gone.

I agree. Her new name is Boaty McBoatface. The way they are going, I wish they had either gone for a restored Empress Lily, or totally given up the boat and made it look like an actual building on a pier. This is going to look like the house in Beetlejuice after the Deetzes move in and remodel it. Just not quite right...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
https://twitter.com/bioreconstruct/status/759403896079024129

Capture.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom