Full Vaccination Required Ages 5+ Starting 1/13/22

wannabeBelle

@Tony the Tigger This was the adults only Solarium on the last sailing I
was on which was the Celebrity Apex, definitely one of my favorite places to relax.:
1660663998197.png

1660664067765.png

Vegas Disney Fan

I mean, you have to acknowledge a cruise ship is a different situation than a city.

I can’t imagine stepping foot on a cruise ship if I was still concerned with Covid, on the DCL show the other day they said about 25-33% of back to back cruisers are being denied boarding on the second cruise due to testing positive for Covid.

Cruise ships are still a petri dish and by stepping on one I think it’s safe to say you are going to be exposed to Covid regardless of what the pre-boarding conditions are, fortunately with vaccinations and prior illness Covid is so mild in most cases the vast majority won’t even realize they had it.

Last edited:

ladybat2

Sadly we canceled our trip in April due to these mandates on our children. The good news is we received a full refund. To those wanting a verandah room...there is now one available. Enjoy the cruise to those still going!
You are an excellent parent. And this is saying a lot because I believe these are the hardest times in the history of our nation to be a good parent. The choices you all have to make now are much harder than the ones I had to make for mine when they were still young and under my care. And I was a single mother with no help at all. Still it was easier than what parents are having to deal with now. I think you should be commended for thinking of your child's safety and health where these very questionable vaccines are concerned.

SplashJacket

that they got the new version on their trip, their throat feels like there is glass in it
I currently have those very symptoms! Hello from Frankfurt!

I disembarked this 2022 European cruise healthy only to develop symptoms after the cruise. I disembarked my last European cruise in 2019 h healthy only to develop symptoms after the cruise. COVID now, some other virus a couple years ago. It’s all French to me and doesn’t matter, was the best cruise we’ve ever been on. We’re booked again in May.

SplashJacket

I can’t imagine stepping foot on a cruise ship if I was still concerned with Covid, on the DCL show the other day they said about 25-33% of back to back cruisers are being denied boarding on the second cruise due to testing positive for Covid.

Cruise ships are still a petri dish and by stepping on one I think it’s safe to say you are going to be exposed to Covid regardless of what the pre-boarding conditions are, fortunately with vaccinations and prior illness Covid is so mild in most cases the vast majority won’t even realize they had it.
Family that bragged about faking their tests were on a several back-to-back cruising stint.

disneyfireman

Nah... I'll just go to the parks where the unvaxxed are free to mix and mingle, with just as much close elbow to elbow room as you'd find on the ship (dare I say, it's even worse crowds in the parks.. then on the ships)
Exactly. The vaccination status of someone doesn’t mean anything. The busses and packed as is all else. The parks are free and normal. I give DCL no more than 30 days to end the covid nonsense. Just like the rest of the cruise industry. Which is the LAST hold outs of this. I read above where carnival bookings doubled since they dropped all the covid measure. So be sure Disney will be close behind.

disneyfireman

Yep. Covid has become an afterthought. And you are 110% correct. The vast majority are symptom free. And yes. If someone is even 1% concerned with covid or wants some type of mitigation. They should probably just stay home. DCL is imho within 30-45 days of ending it all. Once they see how bookings are going through the roof with lines that have zero covid “rules” to deal with.

wannabeBelle

Exactly. The vaccination status of someone doesn’t mean anything. The busses and packed as is all else. The parks are free and normal. I give DCL no more than 30 days to end the covid nonsense. Just like the rest of the cruise industry. Which is the LAST hold outs of this. I read above where carnival bookings doubled since they dropped all the covid measure. So be sure Disney will be close behind.
I am not sure about 30 days but by the end of the year I think most protocols will be gone. Marie

Greenlawler

So I was confused by the email I recieved today.

I have a family of five.

Four of us got the vaccine and were boosted. All of us are over 12.

My 19 year old however did not want the vaccine, his choice.

So please clarify the clear as mud email for me.

wannabeBelle

I have a family of five.

The 19 year old will be denied boarding currently as on DCL everyone age 12 and over must be vaccinated as of now. Marie

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

I have a family of five.

The 19 year old will be denied boarding currently as on DCL everyone age 12 and over must be vaccinated as of now. Marie
When is your cruise? Maybe he will get lucky and the rules will change by then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom