Full POV video ride through of Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

yensidtlaw1969

If you look closely in this video, it looks like Snow White, Dopey and Sneezy promenade all the way across the house, being viewable at times from both the 1st and 2nd set of windows. I haven't seen anything yet that indicates their motions to be anything astounding, but the distance they're able to travel in their animation is admittedly impressive.

Look here:

(Also, this daytime video seems to clear up -no pun intended- the foggy window debate)

Sevier

straws.jpg

Lol. Exactly. It's sad.

CheekBoys

If you look closely in this video, it looks like Snow White, Dopey and Sneezy promenade all the way across the house, being viewable at times from both the 1st and 2nd set of windows. I haven't seen anything yet that indicates their motions to be anything astounding, but the distance they're able to travel in their animation is admittedly impressive.

Look here:

(Also, this daytime video seems to clear up -no pun intended- the foggy window debate)

That's pretty impressive that they can move that far.

CheekBoys

Really like seeing it at night. Much better view into the cottage. Snow and Dopey look fantastic.

I selfishly agree that I would love another show scene. I think they missed the boat just a tiny bit by not having there be a nice dramatic scene, like (and I know I'm a broken record on this) the witch and the boulder with the dwarfs all together going up the mountain, which would lead to a nice drop. But it doesn't take anything away from the ride we've got though. I think they did a great job.
Was there a video of it at night?

MerlinTheGoat

They probably put Snow White on some sort of track so she can move around the cottage, I mentioned a turntable as a possible answer as well. You can't really see the floor anyways. Not exactly unheard of even in older rides, Ben Franklin in American adventure can walk up some stairs and Brer Rabbit can hop along with the boats. There are also some flying Pooh figures attached to a balloon in Hunny Hunt that travel along suspended tracks. Those are probably similar to the method used for Snow White (they also had more movement than the cottage figures so this may have been easier to pull off than those). Pretty effective, especially as she's wearing a dress and Dopey/Sneezy are wearing a long coat, all of their legs are hidden. Kind of works like puppetry i'd say where the hands controlling them are hidden.

I'm actually a little disappointed with how this looks at night sadly. I generally love these types of outdoor rides at night because they're often decked out with some really nice and colorful lighting. Big Thunder being one of those examples as very fun to ride at night, and even Splash Mountain. I think the lighting is somewhat lacking on the Mine Train however, there are a few lanterns but not much else that I can see from a lighting perspective.

There are creative ways this could have been handled without shining colored spotlights on the outside like they do with other mountains. To me, it was a HUGE missed opportunity not to decorate the outside with tons of scattered gems so that the entire ride would sparkle at night with internal LED's, adding even more kinetic beauty to the ride and the area as a whole (the inside is lovely in this regard but I feel the outside could have used some gems as well that sparkle at night). Think how lovely those old sparkling tree lights were on Main Street back in the old days. Actually seemed like a no brainer and i'm shocked they didn't do something like that. The original concept art for the FLE showed elements of this surrounding the entrances into the mine along the track so i'd guess this was something they had planned on doing at first. Too bad they didn't go through with it even in that manner, let alone the whole thing...

Last edited:

MerlinTheGoat

There are plenty of other animatronic figures that are outside and exposed to the elements constantly. Most of those from Jungle Cruise for example, or the ones in Big Thunder around the flooded town. The witch also looks like she may be at least partially covered by the roof which would probably help divert the rain and lightning. And i'm not even sure whether any of these outdoor figures have ever actually been struck by lightning.

The wear and tear is where the worry comes in. They're less in danger of being hit by lightning than they are of WDW management not keeping them looking and moving properly.

CheekBoys

There are plenty of other animatronic figures that are outside and exposed to the elements constantly. Most of those from Jungle Cruise for example, or the ones in Big Thunder around the flooded town. They're less in danger of storms, more troubling is worrying whether or not WDW management keeps them looking and moving as they should.
Yeah that's true, I sure hope WDW keeps the animatronics in good condition.

ctxak98

It looks really good at night! The main show scene is stunning with the new AA figures, but it leaves me wanting more. At least one more show scene would've been great.

The outdoor/coaster segments are just okay since there really isn't much to look at, and with no onboard audio it makes for a jarring transition from the cheery Heigh-Ho/Dig-Dig-Digging music inside. Maybe a few AA critters scattered outside in the forest and some background music to accompany the high-speed outdoor segments and it'll be even better!
I agree, maybe some iconic instrumental music from the movie like whistle while you work or One song would be GREAT!

Otherwise I think this ride came out great! I really like the AA figures and the witch at the end is also great! love it!

Cesar R M

Look here:

the woman's laughing is infectious! XD
Yeah that's true, I sure hope WDW keeps the animatronics in good condition.

in before disco effects and john travolta type music in the cottage!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom