Frozen ride replacing Maelstrom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_Black

Disney has no qualms with using other voice actors.

True, but they usually only do that when it would cost too much money or the original voice actor is otherwise unavailable. Considering how enthusiastic the whole cast has been about the movie and the reception it's gotten, I don't think either of those would necessarily apply, at least not in Santino's case.

Sped2424

True, but they usually only do that when it would cost too much money or the original voice actor is otherwise unavailable. Considering how enthusiastic the whole cast has been about the movie and the reception it's gotten, I don't think either of those would necessarily apply, at least not in Santino's case.
Agreed, plus this is one of the few animated films that I have seen where the main cast is celebrated and recognized by the films fans. That and as Matt said the actors are really attached to this film, and wouldn't miss any opportunity to be apart of it.

Sped2424

Can't we give the movie a few minutes to mellow, then see what it's "belovedness" quality is to THEN introduce it into the parks like the old days???
Yeah the old days where things needed 20 years in order to settle and form into a subpar attraction :) The movie and it's belovedness to have little to do with the actual attraction, you can make a great ride experience out of most things. So I wouldn't be worried about the film being a classic, but about what experience they choose to make from the film.

Matt_Black

It IS very soon, however, we have not seen this kind of reception to a Disney animated film in over a decade, and certainly not during the era of social media. It was in theaters for over three months, which is practically unheard of in this day and age. "Let It Go" was number one on iTunes and Billboard. And, more importantly, it has inspired people. There is a TON of fan art, fanfiction, and more; youtube is flooded with various covers and remixes of the songs. I don't think Frozen would've caused that kind of reaction if it were just a flash in the pan.

I feel confident in saying that Frozen is at least the equal of the best of the Disney Renaissance era, such as Beauty & The Beast, Aladdin, or The Lion King.

And besides, the Cars franchise isn't considered Pixar's best, either, and people LOVE Radiator Springs over in DL.

Big Bad Wolf

I say quickly change Maelstrom to a new Frozen themed roller coaster! Disneyland is stagnant and needs new ideas. They draw from a large fan base in Los Angeles and this would definitely be a shot in higher attendance. An excellent idea for this outdated coaster. Good thinking imagineers!

Big Bad Wolf

EPCOT has experience five hour daily waits for the meet and greet for the Frozen princesses. Changing this outdated coaster with a new theme would give this particular side of the park a new boost. Let Maelstrom GO!

Matt_Black

Uh... Maelstrom isn't a coaster. Ideally, I'd prefer a separate ride in addition to a tweaked and updated Maelstrom, but there should be some sort of Frozen attraction in the parks, whether it be a show over at DHS or a ride somewhere.

aladdin2007

Except you only contact folks for recording dialogue, when the need for dialogue is onset and coming. Not saying that they did contact him for dialogue, but I could see that being the case. I could also see disneyland getting the ride first as TDO doesn't like things that cost money.

This. and WDW is frozen anyway to get anything new becuase of the mymagic mess. Till the board sees a return of investment, which they wont get probably. Meaning more cuts. :banghead:

Big Bad Wolf

EPCOT has experience five hour daily waits for the meet and greet for the Frozen princesses. Changing this outdated coaster with a new theme would give this particular side of the park a new boost. Let Maelstrom GO!
Sorry gang.... Meant to say put the new Frozen themed ride at Disneyland at Matterhorn. It is worn out. It would explode with new interest. Perfect for the 60th. Remember Walt never wanted a museum. Disneyland is considered a museum.

Big Bad Wolf

There is word that the Frozen characters will be added to the newly opened princess meet and greet. Perfect since you can get a MyMagic plus and return on your own time.

aladdin2007

Sorry gang.... Meant to say put the new Frozen themed ride at Disneyland at Matterhorn. It is worn out. It would explode with new interest. Perfect for the 60th. Remember Walt never wanted a museum. Disneyland is considered a museum.

Problem is the Matterhorn is in Switzerland, and Frozen takes place in Norway, so this would really be off.

Big Bad Wolf

Sure is has popularity, but now give it new life. Disneyland is my favorite park to visit for history of the company. It is time to bring the old up to date. Memo Subs were a hit and a great new addition.

Big Bad Wolf

New theming Aladdin2007. Just a great way to update the park maybe a Christmas overlay similar to the Haunted Mansion, space Mountain and Small World. Attendance would shoot through the roof and profits would go up as well. Hopefully, someone at TDO is watching this post for suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom