Frozen ride replacing Maelstrom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yellowrocket

Opened on July 8, 1994
Closed on February 23, 2002

That might have been the *official* opening of the "Legend of the Lion King" puppet show attraction at the Magic Kingdom, but it was soft opening a week before the movie opened. Disney used to cover their parks with pre-movie premiere publicity - Aladdin parade, Pocahantas show, Hercules parade, Hunchback show, etc.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I really don't want this to happen. Frozen may have been inspired by lots of Norwegian themes but it's taken place in a mythical land that doesn't exist.

If we're going to accept this, then lets just have brother bear characters narrate O' Canada! Or better yet! Have the three Cabelleros in El Rio del Tiempo??!!

..oh wait..

PhotoDave219

Actually, no it doesn't. The actual lyrics are this-

Oh I come from a land, from a faraway place
Where the caravan camels roam
Where it's flat and immense
And the heat is intense
It's barbaric, but hey, it's home

When the wind's from the east
And the sun's from the west
And the sand in the glass is right
Come on down
Stop on by
Hop a carpet and fly
To another Arabian night

Arabian nights
Like Arabian days
More often than not
Are hotter than hot
In a lotta good ways

Arabian nights
'Neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
Could fall and fall hard
Out there on the dunes

The song is sung by the Peddler, the narrator of the story, and he says it's HIS home. He does not say that Arabia is the area where Agrabah is and, even if he did, he's an unreliable narrator at best (remember, he's telling you this story so you buy the crappy lamp he's trying to foist off on you).

For minute there, I thought you were quoting the immigrant song from Led Zeppelin…

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Well, it's possible they contacted him about recording new dialogue for the ride.

I'm sure they have contracted all the main actors for an attraction it doesn't mean it's coming now. I'm sure Disney covers it's bases. Also many people just call Disney World - Disneyland.

TTA94

With Elsa and Anna moving to the MK what does this mean for the rumored attraction? A new Frozen dark ride at MK would be much better! :)

Sped2424

I'm sure they have contracted all the main actors for an attraction it doesn't mean it's coming now. I'm sure Disney covers it's bases. Also many people just call Disney World - Disneyland.
Except you only contact folks for recording dialogue, when the need for dialogue is onset and coming. Not saying that they did contact him for dialogue, but I could see that being the case. I could also see disneyland getting the ride first as TDO doesn't like things that cost money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom