Frozen ride replacing Maelstrom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ratherbeinwdw

First of all, the film doesn't have to be great (although it was) for the attraction to be great.
The treehouse is brilliant in its simplicity. Tarzan overlay - that's a big no thank you.

I can't imagine there isn't a single mother who hasn't dreamed of living on a deserted island in just such a treehouse. Call me when the kids are married and out of the house. I'm living large in my treehouse getaway.
SFR was one of my favorite movies ever. I saw it as a young person on the original big screen in the most amazing color. My daughter bought me a dvd copy for Christmas one year. I still love that movie.

Duckberg

Frozen becoming a big part of Norway at Epcot should be a given & ties right into the Princess experience there. Would be nice if the Norwegian government would get re-involved $$$ with Disney to revamp the ride or at least an extended brand new HD film about Norway.

aladdin2007

Frozen becoming a big part of Norway at Epcot should be a given & ties right into the Princess experience there. Would be nice if the Norwegian government would get re-involved $$$ with Disney to revamp the ride or at least an extended brand new HD film about Norway.

They have tried, and even offered a new film for free, but Disney refused the deal and the Norwegian government did not want to pay the astronomical amounts of money Disney wanted just for research on changes alone.

FigmentJedi

Also, a Frozen parade at DHS would have been nice, but cant have parades anymore there I guess. :banghead: Remember when they use to have new parades for the new animated features? Toy story, aladdin, hercules, mulan,,,why not frozen. The park needs something.
Just imagine how cool some fake ice floats created by Elsa could be? Or having a group of ice cutters like Boo to You's Grave Diggers?

Also speaking of Boo to You, how cool would it have been for Wreck It Ralph if they called in a favor to the game companies and added a Bad Anon float to the villain party part of the parade and turned the Trick or Treat Candy unit at the end into Sugar Rush?

Sped2424

I'm afraid your narrow-mindedness and eagerness to label anyone who doesn't agree with you as a "troll" has blinded you to the fact that it was Turtle started the Muppet crap up again. Have a nice day!
I don't think he called you a troll (at least to my knowledge) I just think he meant you tend to get a little heated whenever someone mentions the felt people.

Goofyernmost

Star Wars Land
Truly I understand that people have their obsessions, but I have found that whenever Star Wars is mentioned, it is just automatically assumed that we all just can't wait for it to be added to the parks. I don't mind if it is added, but, I will be awfully upset if I lose something that I really like to get it. Contrary to popular belief, although a very popular property, not everyone is totally enamored by it. Just sayin!

Last edited:

tl77

too far off though, this could have been now like the previous movies and parades were.
Truly I understand that people have their obsessions, but I have found that whenever Star Wars in mentioned, it is just automatically assumed that we all just can't wait for it to be added to the parks. I don't mind if it is added, but, I will be awfully upset if I lose something that I really like to get it. Contrary to popular, although a very popular property, not everyone is totally enamored by it. Just sayin!

I'm not all that crazy about Star Wars personally but it's rumored to be going where the Hollywood Studios parade float building is... hence no more parades at DHS

wdwfan4ver

I'm not all that crazy about Star Wars personally but it's rumored to be going where the Hollywood Studios parade float building is... hence no more parades at DHS
It has been a while since I read that location as a rumor for a Star Wars Expansion and that was in Mach or April of last year. The latest I remembered reading about a Star Wars land is what Martin1971 mentioned in late September of 2013 with him mentioning American Idol Experience and Indiana Jones Stunt spectacular being replaced by Star Wars.

doctornick

It has been a while since I read that location as a rumor for a Star Wars Expansion and that was in Mach or April of last year. The latest I remembered reading about a Star Wars land is what Martin1971 mentioned in late September of 2013 with him mentioning American Idol Experience and Indiana Jones Stunt spectacular being replaced by Star Wars.

Correct, but there was also talk that if a larger area was utilized, it would expand into the backstage area behind Star Tour/Backlot Express which is where the parade buildings are currently. It seemed to me that this was the latest plans (as opposed to expanding into and replacing Streets of America) before the Star Wars stuff got put on hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom