"Frozen" Overlay for Maelstrom

Bairstow

princess place? really??? yeah cause thats what Norway is all about :banghead::depressed:
2010-0418-norway-mettemarit.jpg

Animaniac93-98

I think Anna and Elsa's Fairytale Hall* (with two queues: "Meet Anna and a visiting friend", "Meet Elsa and a visiting friend"), will be the only thing Disney does with Norway (or anything Frozen related in WDW). I can't see them spending the money to construct a new building from scratch (with more staffing required) and make any other pavilion changes.

The only way I'd aprove of a Maelstrom makeover is if they extened the ride's length. Doubt they would, but it's an idea.

I'm also guessing all Frozen stuff will be Epcot exclusive to drive attendence. It's one of many things that could for WS, but unlike Mt. Fuji, this will be the cheaper option, sadly.

*a made up name I'm using until the real one is known

Last edited:

aladdin2007

I think Anna and Elsa's Fairytale Hall* (with two queues: "Meet Anna and a visiting friend", "Meet Elsa and a visiting friend"), will be the only thing Disney does with Norway (or anything Frozen related in WDW). I can't see them spending the money to construct a new building from scratch (with more staffing required) and making any other pavilion changes.

The only way I'd aprove of a Maelstrom makeover is if they extened the ride's length. Doubt they would, but it's an idea.

I'm also guessing all Frozen stuff will be Epcot exclusive to drive attendence. It's one of many things that could for WS, but unlike Mt. Fuji, this will be the cheaper option, sadly.

The plan is to construct a new princess pavilion between Mexico and Norway, but I believe its currently on hold.

luv

Nobody expected Disney to make such a good movie when Mermaid came out. I remember kids saying they would rather go see the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles than Little Mermaid. I remember parents breaking down and taking them to both, just because the parents had heard how great Little Mermaid was and wanted to see it themselves. It was the first time I'd heard parents expressing a desire to see a kid movie...because it wasn't just a kid movie.

When Beauty came out, there was much promotion of the songs being done by the people who brought us The Little Mermaid...and the songs were promoted themselves. After Mermaid, it wasn't hard to convince most moms to go see a Disney kid movie. By the time Aladdin came out, people were thinking that Disney movies were great for children as well as adults.

Decades later, parents are still singing "Part of Your World."

Ariel did a LOT for Disney.

Sped2424

wdw-matterhorn-350x233_215.jpg

I would have no issues at all if they left maelstrom as maelstrom and made a giant mountain, perhaps with a huge area of water infront of it to mimic the fjords of norway.
leaked-frozen-video-stills-elsas-castle-1024x429.png

Giving epcot a mountain and another eticket people eater.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I think Anna and Elsa's Fairytale Hall* (with two queues: "Meet Anna and a visiting friend", "Meet Elsa and a visiting friend"), will be the only thing Disney does with Norway (or anything Frozen related in WDW). I can't see them spending the money to construct a new building from scratch (with more staffing required) and make any other pavilion changes.

I hope they don't do this splitting the Frozen princesses. They are so much fun in the videos interacting. I also would rather they left the princesses in their "home" countries around WS.

Matt_Black

I hope they don't do this splitting the Frozen princesses. They are so much fun in the videos interacting. I also would rather they left the princesses in their "home" countries around WS.

Next year when I go, assuming they're still meeting (which seems like a safe bet at this point, considering how well the movies doing), I want to mention chocolate and see how they react. :happy:

PolynesianPrincess

Character and movie related attractions do not belong in World Showcase. WS should remain free of any characters (aside from the meet and greets) I think those work well in the characters respected countries.

Matt_Black

Say NO to overlaying this iconic attraction!

What about adding the Vueli Cantus to the rides soundtrack at some spot? It IS an amazing piece of music and really helped sell that this film was going to be something different that what we've seen the past few years....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom