"Frozen" Overlay for Maelstrom

aladdin2007

What are you referring to, "second movie tour upstairs"?

Twice a day if I remember correctly, they use to show a film/slide show upstairs, you signed up at the tourism desk, for free, and they took you up in the elevator to the corporate lounge, where they have a theater as well.

Matt_Black

I could see Frozen becoming a stage show in DHS, or on the Disney Cruise Line. I also could see it making it to Broadway down the line. I would be all for a Maelstrom overlay, just not sure how it would fit.

Frozen is poised to be Disney's biggest animated hit in quite some time, and it is a very deserving movie.

Which is impressive, considering they've been on a roll as of late with Tangled and Wreck-It Ralph, two very commercially and critically successful films. I just saw it today (first Disney animated film I've seen in theater since Atlantis: The Lost Empire), and it was great.

Bairstow

I'm against any Disney cartoon characters in EPCOT.
Np_H2_C.jpg

luv

Why not get rid of the movie (or just change it) and turn that area into the Frozen M&G/display/ad?

The movie really isn't very good, so the space could certainly be put to better use. They could make it accessible without riding the ride, too.

Best of all worlds. :)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I love it when people say this, but the most educational part about that ride is the film in which everyone darts out of the theater so they don't have to sit through it.

And that is Disney's fault. For those of us who have visited Epcot more times than we can remember or count, how many times can one sit through the film. Now that they could spice up. Oy.

I'm not against updating Maelstrom but not a fan of branding the WS with Animated Characters and movies. I didn't care for Mexico's first ride but liked it more than the ducks in there now. The WS is a gem as far as theme parks go, this kinda stuff just cheapens the uniqueness of the WS.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Why not get rid of the movie (or just change it) and turn that area into the Frozen M&G/display/ad?

The movie really isn't very good, so the space could certainly be put to better use. They could make it accessible without riding the ride, too.

Best of all worlds. :)

Ooops, you beat me to it! Great minds. ;)

Sped2424

Point ^ Nothing cheap about journey into imagination in its first incarnation. Like I said there is a right and wrong way to do this. Wrong way is the 3 caballero ride, it just needs more substance of mexico itself, if they can blend in the characters and message then I see nothing wrong!

DManRightHere

Was figment created just for imagination? I meant like Nemo, Lion King, grand fiesta, agent p do not belong. I guess some meet and greets can make sense for world showcase.

Despite what I said I also think a ratatouille ride could be cool for france....I guess this makes me hypocrite. I just dont want all their good rides to have to do with classic Disney cartoons. I wish all the rides were themed kind of similar to spaceship eartb, maelstrom, and test track (even though test tracks story seems more loose based now. Though I always did single rider so I may have missed some story).

Matt_Black

Was figment created just for imagination? I meant like Nemo, Lion King, grand fiesta, agent p do not belong. I guess some meet and greets can make sense for world showcase.

Despite what I said I also think a ratatouille ride could be cool for france....I guess this makes me hypocrite. I just dont want all their good rides to have to do with classic Disney cartoons. I wish all the rides were themed kind of similar to spaceship eartb, maelstrom, and test track (even though test tracks story seems more loose based now. Though I always did single rider so I may have missed some story).

I've mentioned this before, but I'm almost positive that the redesign of Test Track was initially meant to tie in with the Tron franchise and someone decided to pull back.

Bairstow

The other problem about this attraction is how "Really" Short it is on Story line..And Do I mean short..There is no way to condense it either way.

That's not necessarily a problem, though. A lot most of the best dark rides don't have stories.

...unless you mean that there isn't enough time in the ride to fit a story from "Frozen" into it.

Communicore

I said it before, if DL's IASW has characters, and that's a classic ride, then what's to stop them from integrating them in Maelstrom?

Cmdr_Crimson

There were way more characters Than just Figment from Epcot..And sad that many are gone..

General Knowledge & Buzzy of Cranium Command for Wonders of Life
6659097407_7da3483d8a_z.jpg

Kitchen Kabaret Characters For The Land
kkplacemat.jpg

Tom Morrow 2.0 from Innoventions
313033899_17a0895adb_z.jpg

And the 2 fish that you see in the background of this photo were the Animated hosts of the Living Seas. They were in a short that was shown called An Animated Atlas of the World.
lsrobosuit.jpg

And let's never forget SMRT-1 for Communicore
smrt1.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom