Frozen Ever After opening day

Karakasa

True, perhaps they were speaking in retrospect though? I mean makes a load more sense than saying you do anything on a ride.

Anywho, ride's back up again! 90 minute wait already... with technically 20 minutes if park time left.

Princess Leia

Idk if this is going to make anyone feel better about FEA, but I showed my 2 1/2 year old cousin a video of the ride (had to switch to a different video initially since Olaf wasn't working in the first), and she loved it. Idk when she'll ever get to Disney, but she was really into the video.

Then again, she's happy with anything related to Frozen.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Rode it last Friday. Had a couple hours to kill so we grabbed a beverage and waited in the 90 min line. The standby line wasn't long as far as the number of people in it but they just didn't let many standby people in where the two lines merged. Fast pass was a constant, steady line of people (assuming because it probably went down earlier in the day but maybe thats the norm).

Our thoughts were pretty inline with with the majority (wrong placement, nice animatronics). There were 5 of us and everyone agreed they wouldn't wait again for it again but were glad they got to see it. Only ride issue was that the animatronics were all "frozen" in the last scene (was almost creepy in a way). Otherwise, everything else was functioning. Funniest quote was from my sister who doesn't read the boards who said "So the whole build up for the ride was for visitors to see Elsa in her ice palace and then as soon as we get there she banishes us backwards out of there with the most overplayed Disney song of all time?". So true ; )

Ooh feel the burn with that last bit...

dgp602

So, for a kind of distraction from the "what time of the day will it breakdown again" chatter, has anyone found any HIDDEN MICKEY's yet in the new ride?

prberk

Ride broke down today as soon as we were about to board around 6pm, never reopened.

Still down today, heard it was down for a while Friday as well. Seems like it has been a nightmare.

Oh, good grief. This is ridiculous!

I wonder if people are complaining to Guest Services and getting refunds, by chance? I know that your ticket small print says that things may be out of service and you really would not be legally due a refund, but I would guess there might be a good number of people now who come through the turnstiles specifically for this ride, or at least it a major contributing factor to their decision to go to Epcot. (No, I don't like that, but I would have to say it is possibly true.)

hopemax

I wonder if people are complaining to Guest Services and getting refunds, by chance? I know that your ticket small print says that things may be out of service and you really would not be legally due a refund, but I would guess there might be a good number of people now who come through the turnstiles specifically for this ride, or at least it a major contributing factor to their decision to go to Epcot. (No, I don't like that, but I would have to say it is possibly true.)

I've wondered about this too. Especially, day trippers from Jacksonville or Tampa who come over because they were able to get a FP+ reservation, and figured why not. But then were unable to ride due to breakdowns. APers can take their chances again and again, but most people I think would be more of a "fool me once," sort of mindset.

mimitchi33

I've wondered about this too. Especially, day trippers from Jacksonville or Tampa who come over because they were able to get a FP+ reservation, and figured why not. But then were unable to ride due to breakdowns. APers can take their chances again and again, but most people I think would be more of a "fool me once," sort of mindset.
If I were them, I would be pretty mad that I wasn't apl
Idk if this is going to make anyone feel better about FEA, but I showed my 2 1/2 year old cousin a video of the ride (had to switch to a different video initially since Olaf wasn't working in the first), and she loved it. Idk when she'll ever get to Disney, but she was really into the video.

Then again, she's happy with anything related to Frozen.
That's how most little girls are!
the stand by line
Reminds me of what they did to the bathrooms near Peter Pan.

Goofyernmost

You cannot seriously think that would happen. We all know that anything within a theme park can potentially not be working at any given time. If someone is foolish enough to spend that kind of money to just see one ride, then P.T. Barnum was right, there is a sucker born every minute. They would open a flood gate of people claiming that they only came to see the ride that happened to be down on the day that they arrived. I'll go out on a limb here and say, it would never happen.

prberk

You cannot seriously think that would happen. We all know that anything within a theme park can potentially not be working at any given time. If someone is foolish enough to spend that kind of money to just see one ride, then P.T. Barnum was right, there is a sucker born every minute. They would open a flood gate of people claiming that they only came to see the ride that happened to be down on the day that they arrived. I'll go out on a limb here and say, it would never happen.

Yeah, I kind of agree that it could be ridiculous, but so are the prices of a day at WDW. I can imagine some people waiting a couple of hours in line, then the ride closing for the day, and they then complain a the front gate. When a day was more like $40- $60 I could see it less, but at $100 a day, I could see it. Just wondered if they were getting any uptick in demands for money back or an extra day. Just wondering, not advocating.

This is why I wondered that very thing.

Castle Cake Apologist

However, it is kind of crap that Disney knew the attraction wasn't ready and opened it anyways. So people have legitimately spent almost their entire day at the park in line to ride it, only for it to break down and they be turned away with nothing. The least Disney could do would be to offer a free Fastpass for any other attraction.

chiefs11

However, it is kind of crap that Disney knew the attraction wasn't ready and opened it anyways. So people have legitimately spent almost their entire day at the park in line to ride it, only for it to break down and they be turned away with nothing. The least Disney could do would be to offer a free Fastpass for any other attraction.
I believe that is exactly what they've been doing.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

I am sure if you complained enough to customer service you would get something...

On the other hand, imagine if Disney decided to delay the opening until all the kinks were worked out. Coming on the tail of the RoL fiasco I can only imagine the outrage around here...and even with average guests as well. Kind of a lose-lose in a way...

chiefs11

I am sure if you complained enough to customer service you would get something...

On the other hand, imagine if Disney decided to delay the opening until all the kinks were worked out. Coming on the tail of the RoL fiasco I can only imagine the outrage around here...and even with average guests as well. Kind of a lose-lose in a way...
Well, this problem all stems from having a hard opening date, announced, and taking FP+ reservations for it. Had no specific date been announced and they proceeded with soft opens starting on June21 instead, no one would be complaining. Then they'd have time to figure out the issues, fix them, and set a real official opening date. Everyone understands a soft opening period is a time of testing and the ride may be opening and closing throughout the day.

The wait times are being compounded by all the fastpasses being handed out to people waiting when it breaks down (in both the stand by and fastpass lines)...now all those people, plus the ones who already had FP's for the later time when it reopens, come back, causing the FP line to get ridiculously long, which in turn makes the stand by line even longer. Then it breaks down again....rinse and repeat.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Well, this problem all stems from having a hard opening date, announced, and taking FP+ reservations for it. Had no specific date been announced and they proceeded with soft opens starting on June21 instead, no one would be complaining.

I think this is the expectation now from guests...and even many people on here...to have access to booking a FP for an attraction that will soon be opening.

Of course, you can argue Disney is responsible for this expectation (and only have themselves to blame) but I would guarantee people would have been upset if FP wasn't available ahead of time.

ToTBellHop

I think this is the expectation now from guests...and even many people on here...to have access to booking a FP for an attraction that will soon be opening.

Of course, you can argue Disney is responsible for this expectation (and only have themselves to blame) but I would guarantee people would have been upset if FP wasn't available ahead of time.
The problem is that they announced an unreasonable opening date because they were hellbent on having something new for the Awakens promotion in all of the parks. So marketing forced this mess. Had they said "grand opening in August" and had sporadic soft openings starting a couple weeks back, we would feel very different. Major new attractions used to get several weeks of soft openings. I think Mission Space had close to two months of soft openings and previews (throughout most of summer 2003). I remember softs in June and I attended AP previews in August.

prberk

The problem is that they announced an unreasonable opening date because they were hellbent on having something new for the Awakens promotion in all of the parks. So marketing forced this mess. Had they said "grand opening in August" and had sporadic soft openings starting a couple weeks back, we would feel very different. Major new attractions used to get several weeks of soft openings. I think Mission Space had close to two months of soft openings and previews (throughout most of summer 2003). I remember softs in June and I attended AP previews in August.

I seem to remember Test Track not only having many delays, I mean like a year or so, but also with soft openings to boot. I seem to remember it having an opening scheduled that was formally pushed back, as they dealt with braking issues. Perhaps @marni1971 or some of the others around here can put that into clear perspective for us. But I do know that it was pushed back even after it was announced as a part of GM's own campaign involving it.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom