Frozen Ever After opening day

EvilQueen-T

We had a fast pass and rode it (after an hour wait for a break down) and it was ok. I thought the look of the characters was nice, like the one's on 7 dwarfs rather than what disappointed me with how they did the little mermaid. Otherwise it was just ok for me. It seemed sparse and everything seemed to be mostly to the one side of the boat. My 12 y/o granddaughter, who loved Frozen, loved it. She was dressed as Elsa and pumped to ride it.

Castle Cake Apologist

I believe that is exactly what they've been doing.

Unfortunately, that's not the case from what I've been told. I could be wrong, but from what I hear, guests are being given the option the wait it out and hope it reopens or come back later and wait again.

They are giving re-entry passes to people evacuated off of the ride, but I don't think guests in line are being compensated.

Karakasa

I had the chance to ride it Tuesday (our Fast passes were honored from when it was down earlier that day) and lemme tell ya...

It's not worth a 2 hour wait by any stretch of the imagination and as said before several scenes seem rather sparse. However I find that the idea of the ride having no story a silly one. It's clearly communicated in the queue and heck even the start of the ride itself. It is a tad confusing for Elsa to go sending us down the mountain but, eh, isn't the first confusing narrative decision in a WDW attraction. I just took it as a sled ride in reverse, lol.

The animatronics were great, even if I'm not super fond of the projector faces, and what scenes were filled out were gorgeous.

All in all I'd say it's D-ticket quality- great ride but not quite a park-definer. A shame, as if any recent Disney film deserves a true E-ticket, it's Frozen.

Jeffxz

Unfortunately, that's not the case from what I've been told. I could be wrong, but from what I hear, guests are being given the option the wait it out and hope it reopens or come back later and wait again.

They are giving re-entry passes to people evacuated off of the ride, but I don't think guests in line are being compensated.

That is incorrect. They are giving Epcot fast passes to anyone who chooses to leave the line during a breakdown. This happened to me a few days ago, a cm announced technical difficulties and told the line they could either stick around and wait or choose to leave and come back later. Here is what they were handing out:

image.jpg

Castle Cake Apologist

That is incorrect. They are giving Epcot fast passes to anyone who chooses to leave the line during a breakdown. This happened to me a few days ago, a cm announced technical difficulties and told the line they could either stick around and wait or choose to leave and come back later. Here is what they were handing out:

View attachment 150004

That's good to hear, definitely glad to have been told wrong in this situation.

ToTBellHop

View attachment 150004
Nice of the to include Soarin and Test Track.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I seem to remember Test Track not only having many delays, I mean like a year or so, but also with soft openings to boot. I seem to remember it having an opening scheduled that was formally pushed back, as they dealt with braking issues. Perhaps @marni1971 or some of the others around here can put that into clear perspective for us. But I do know that it was pushed back even after it was announced as a part of GM's own campaign involving it.
Yes Test Track was embarrassingly delayed by nearly 18 months. For many reasons. When it opened it had softs first.

An an aside I just read how empty the new meet n greet is now next door. Great use of an expansion pad. 1pm and 15 minutes. 5 minutes earlier.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
How long before one or two of the Meet 'n Greet rooms becomes a Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique to justify the cost of construction?
I'm not sure how they calculate IRR on a meet and greet building (i guess by attendance?) but it must be a pretty nasty number that the Finance/Accounting folks won't like.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
One of the major drawbacks with FP+ is it creates an expectation on the part of the guest that the attraction will be operational when they arrive for their 'appointment' scheduled 90 days out. Whereas with the paper system if the ride was down for the day well no FP's would be issued either. Which psychologically leads to a really bent guest in the first case, and in the second 'Let's try again later'. Disney really needed to boost ride reliability if they wanted FP+ to work. Instead reliability went DOWN and the number of attractions dwindled for various reasons.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
How do Elsa and Anna go from 60+ minute waits in PFH to 15 min waits in EPCOT? Not being sarcastic or anything, just wondering if anyone has a logical answer? I mean, I realize that it has 50% more capacity and I realize that the popularity will decrease over time, but this drop off seems rather unexpected. I would hope/imagine that they had plans for at least one of the rooms from the start as even the most popular Disney Princess only typically have one or two "rooms" at their respective meet and greet area. Maybe Frozen 2 will introduce a cousin/friend of Elsa and Anna who could occupy the third room?

Disneyhead'71

How do Elsa and Anna go from 60+ minute waits in PFH to 15 min waits in EPCOT? Not being sarcastic or anything, just wondering if anyone has a logical answer? I mean, I realize that it has 50% more capacity and I realize that the popularity will decrease over time, but this drop off seems rather unexpected. I would hope/imagine that they had plans for at least one of the rooms from the start as even the most popular Disney Princess only typically have one or two "rooms" at their respective meet and greet area. Maybe Frozen 2 will introduce a cousin/friend of Elsa and Anna who could occupy the third room?
WDW's attendance has imploded.

HarrisburgMouse

I think there's a few answers:

- Increased capacity;
- Not being in the MK;
- No FastPass+.

JoeCamel

If you had $300 to get your little princess to a park and see the Ice queen which would you choose to take a 6 year old to? Princess park or world of the future park?

JoeCamel

But they're no longer appearing at Magic Kingdom... I believe the ONLY place to Meet and Greet Elsa and Anna is now EPCOT...

Going to be some angry princess papa's then if he has to drag her to EPCOT and after waiting a gazillion hours to ride FEA and 15 minutes to see the actors they look around and there is no fairytale land for her to explore. Only the rotting one we have today.

wogwog

But they're no longer appearing at Magic Kingdom... I believe the ONLY place to Meet and Greet Elsa and Anna is now EPCOT...
Meet and Greet yes, only Epcot. But the Frozen characters still appear in FoF parade and the new castle show (don't recall the new name) multiple times a day. So I can see parents settling for MK and not going through the time consuming trip to Epcot that does not have a lot more for the young girls..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom