Frozen Ever After opening day

Jeffxz

Oh, good grief. This is ridiculous!

I'm not sure how long it was even up before that. I periodically checked the app starting at 1:00 and the first time I saw it as open was around 3:00.

The posted time was 180 minutes, but the internal standby line was less than half full. I guess they were only letting fp+ on first, I was in the fp line for about 20 mins and didn't see standby move at all.

No Name

I think it's too early to tell, but there are a few factors here. There's a reason why they don't load two boats at once, there are other bottlenecks in the attraction that wouldn't necessarily loading two boats at once an improvement in capacity.

As far as I can tell from watching ride videos the least amount of time to get through the Elsa scene is 25 seconds. Even then, you're not fully through the scene, but you've at least cleared the sightlines of Elsa. I assume that's the absolute lowest end for how quickly they will dispatch a boat.

Back in the day, Maelstrom's dispatches were around 45-50 seconds and overall capacity was around 900-1000 per hour. @t3techcom18 mentioned a goal of 28 second dispatch times and I've heard second hand reports of that being an achievable goal. However that seems to be an ideal scenario and it's pretty much impossible to expect that over the course of an entire day. At 28 seconds per dispatch and 10 people per boat you can get through 1286 guests per hour. At 12 people per boat you can get through 1543. If I had to guess, I'd say that capacity will fall into the 1100-1300 guest per hour range, about half of what is likely needed.

Thank you. I'm a bit late on the reply because I've been quite busy.

But the key piece of missing info is why FEA can dispatch in as low as 28 seconds if Maelstrom couldn't. What changed? The Maelstrom boats spent the exact same amount of time in the top "Elsa area." So why couldn't they have dispatched Maelstrom boats as fast as they can for FEA? That is what makes no sense.

I suppose you don't know and neither does anyone else on here, and that's fine, I'm just curious. Maybe we will find out one day. But without knowing why it could be higher, I place my bet on it being generally the same capacity as Maelstrom. Unfortunately

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
Overheard someone in Epcot last night say Frozen Ever After was better than Pirates of the Caribbean. Her reasoning? "at least your actually doing something in Frozen" :facepalm::banghead:
Did I miss something? Do you actually get to build a snowman on this ride? The statement makes no sense hahah :(:(:(

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
Over/Under on what time it breaks down at today? Winner gets a drink on me at World Showcase haha
Screenshot_2016-07-05-14-05-25.png

dizneeboy

Rode it last Friday. Had a couple hours to kill so we grabbed a beverage and waited in the 90 min line. The standby line wasn't long as far as the number of people in it but they just didn't let many standby people in where the two lines merged. Fast pass was a constant, steady line of people (assuming because it probably went down earlier in the day but maybe thats the norm).

Our thoughts were pretty inline with with the majority (wrong placement, nice animatronics). There were 5 of us and everyone agreed they wouldn't wait again for it again but were glad they got to see it. Only ride issue was that the animatronics were all "frozen" in the last scene (was almost creepy in a way). Otherwise, everything else was functioning. Funniest quote was from my sister who doesn't read the boards who said "So the whole build up for the ride was for visitors to see Elsa in her ice palace and then as soon as we get there she banishes us backwards out of there with the most overplayed Disney song of all time?". So true ; )

Karakasa

Overheard someone in Epcot last night say Frozen Ever After was better than Pirates of the Caribbean. Her reasoning? "at least you're actually doing something in Frozen" :facepalm::banghead:

Edited: grammar mistake :geek:
Probably meant the two Hollywood Studios attractions. Frozen Sing Along is interactive to an extent while the PotC thing is just, really, you standing and watching.

Anyway the ride seems like it might reopen today before the park closes, so, at least there's that?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom