Frozen Ever After opening day

hopemax

This is why I don't like people. There is nothing wrong with only a 15 minute wait for something. It still means it's never empty, and guests can get through in a reasonable time, the characters don't have to rush people through like cattle, and it can actually improve guest experience. I'm excited, I like Frozen but there is no way I could ever convince my husband or Dad to wait hours to meet them (nor would I, but I might wait 40 minutes and they still wouldn't). But both of them are fine with waiting 15 minutes, so I actually will have a chance to meet them.

While it is fair to ask what is behind the change, I hope WDW doesn't view it as a failure and that they need to make it a boutique.

Brian Swan

How do Elsa and Anna go from 60+ minute waits in PFH to 15 min waits in EPCOT? Not being sarcastic or anything, just wondering if anyone has a logical answer? I mean, I realize that it has 50% more capacity and I realize that the popularity will decrease over time, but this drop off seems rather unexpected. I would hope/imagine that they had plans for at least one of the rooms from the start as even the most popular Disney Princess only typically have one or two "rooms" at their respective meet and greet area. Maybe Frozen 2 will introduce a cousin/friend of Elsa and Anna who could occupy the third room?
Probably because 80 bazillion little girls are already in MK, and one ride (with a reputation of breaking down all the time) and a M&G aren't enough to entice parents of said little girls to take them to "that boring park that kids don't like".

Beckett

It worked perfectly when we rode on June 27, but I must say that it was a cute ride but thank God I had a fastpass because I would never wait 300 minutes for that! I was very surprised to see a 10 minute wait for the meet and greet, and I can't really understand why either.

WDWFANSINCE81

I rode on Friday and Elsa's arms were locked outstretched and "frozen." Plus the boats backed up at the drop for a good 5 minutes. Less than impressive experience. Overall this is a huge step up form the dated and corny Malestrom but it still doesn't seem ready for primetime. I have no real problem with Frozen taking over Norway...I never really bought into the nostalgia of edu-tainment which seems hopelessly stuck in the 80's & 90's. Get this ride working consistently and I think it's an overall win.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I rode on Friday and Elsa's arms were locked outstretched and "frozen." Plus the boats backed up at the drop for a good 5 minutes. Less than impressive experience. Overall this is a huge step up form the dated and corny Malestrom but it still doesn't seem ready for primetime. I have no real problem with Frozen taking over Norway...I never really bought into the nostalgia of edu-tainment which seems hopelessly stuck in the 80's & 90's. Get this ride working consistently and I think it's an overall win.
If executed properly, the educational aspect of edutainment is invisible. But good to know you prefer mediocrity over diversity and creativity.

TeriofTerror

It worked perfectly when we rode on June 27, but I must say that it was a cute ride but thank God I had a fastpass because I would never wait 300 minutes for that! I was very surprised to see a 10 minute wait for the meet and greet, and I can't really understand why either.
I was about to make a snarky comment about how much of an idiot a person would have to be to wait 300 minutes for any attraction, but then it occurred to me: how long would I be willing to wait in line for a new Mary Poppins ride with a Lin-Manuel Miranda singing AA? Heck, I'd get in line now!

KikoKea

DH and I are going the end of Sept, and we agreed that we wouldn't wait more than about 20 min to see it. If we don't this time, then we'll catch it later.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
You're quoting someone who just said they had no problem with Frozen in Norway. That should have been the first red flag right there. So tragic to see how people are content with mediocrity today. Sad times indeed.
Im not sure that its content, I think some are more nostalgic than others around here...

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Writing it off as nostalgia is a weak substitute for an educated rebuttal.
I disagree.. its mostly nostalgia (and I am certainly one that is nostalgic for the '80's and early '90's Epcot). Sure, standards are not up to the '80's or '90's but they are not nearly what many people here tend to make it out as. There are always ebs and flows in any business. Once it starts hitting Disney's bottom line, they will step it up, basic economics.

Figment2005

Yesterday waited about 70 minutes for the ride. No break downs, seemed to be operating smoothly. To me it was worth the wait, queue is very well done, and ride is well done.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I disagree.. its mostly nostalgia (and I am certainly one that is nostalgic for the '80's and early '90's Epcot). Sure, standards are not up to the '80's or '90's but they are not nearly what many people here tend to make it out as. There are always ebs and flows in any business. Once it starts hitting Disney's bottom line, they will step it up, basic economics.
Agree with the ebs and flows of business, but the content of attractions they are churning out nowadays in WDW truly does cater to the lowest common denominator. No coherent story line, popular songs and projection face AA's are a far cry from the very in depth attractions they once built that guided you through an actual story you could follow along. If you factor in the ever declining customer service, cut backs, food portions, skyrocketing prices,and forced planning you must do for a trip i today,....you cant even compare the two.

Im not sure how many times you visited in the past, but we have been going several times a year since the mid/late 80s. Some people who claim theyve bee going for decades only visited once every few years, but we went several times a year, every year. We stayed on property at all the different resorts and visited various times of the year. I was there as a child, I was there as a teenager, and I now visit as an adult. I can honestly see where nostalgia plays a role in certain areas, but for the most part, greed and corporate rules have eroded the magic on so many levels. Its still there, but its chipped away at, not added to.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Agree with the ebs and flows of business, but the content of attractions they are churning out nowadays in WDW truly does cater to the lowest common denominator. No coherent story line, popular songs and projection face AA's are a far cry from the very in depth attractions they once built that guided you through an actual story you could follow along. If you factor in the ever declining customer service, cut backs, food portions, skyrocketing prices,and forced planning you must do for a trip i today,....you cant even compare the two.

Im not sure how many times you visited in the past, but we have been going several times a year since the mid/late 80s. Some people who claim theyve bee going for decades only visited once every few years, but we went several times a year, every year. We stayed on property at all the different resorts and visited various times of the year. I was there as a child, I was there as a teenager, and I now visit as an adult. I can honestly see where nostalgia plays a role in certain areas, but for the most part, greed and corporate rules have eroded the magic on so many levels. Its still there, but its chipped away at, not added to.

I can't argue with that. One of the the areas where I feel they just don't try any more is the orignal scores for attractions. I really miss that aspect of Epcot especially.

I'll be completely candid here, I was lucky enough to live in South Florida in the '80's and '90's and my parents took me several times a year. Once I moved and went to college, there were about 5 years in early 2000's where I didn't go at all, so I may have missed part of the change you speak of. When I finally returned with my girlfriend (now Wife) a few years ago and I felt like something was missing, and mainly at Epcot, not as much in the other parks. Now we go about twice a year, I still really enjoy the parks, but I am also not naive to think everything is up to the "Disney Standard" but sometimes I do feel that its nostalgia getting the best of me.

Mike S

The "story" of FEA is fine with me because they avoided the huge mistake they made with Mermaid. Is it perfect? No. Not a lot of ride stories are even among the best in the business *looking at you Forbidden Journey*

The location of the ride and its capacity are another matter entirely.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
The "story" of FEA is fine with me because they avoided the huge mistake they made with Mermaid. Is it perfect? No. Not a lot of ride stories are even among the best in the business *looking at you Forbidden Journey*

The location of the ride and its capacity are another matter entirely.
Just curious, is the mistake regarding the lack of AA's?

RobidaFlats

Just curious, is the mistake regarding the lack of AA's?

In my opinion the mistake would be sort of following the plot of the movie, but condensing it so far that the plot doesn't make sense anymore.

The first time I rode it I had to joke about poor Ursula. They omitted her doing anything bad at all and yet she's still electrocuted in the last scene.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom