Frozen Ever After opening day

NearTheEars

I've been scrolling quickly past the photos and avoiding the videos so it doesn't get spoiled, but based on the reaction it's safe to say this was not the cheap overlay that was argued over for at least half of its construction.

The rest of the time was spent arguing over location. And while I disagree with those that fail to acknowledge that it's not that much of a stretch to have the Frozen IP in Norway, I definitely don't think that it should have been stuck in there.

Belongs in a bigger show building in Fantasyland.

But I'm happy too see high spirits today.

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
Screenshot_2016-06-21-10-30-29.png
Well that was fast

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
From what I have seen thus far, I may have to eat my words on this. I, like a lot of people, was upset about the decision of putting this ride at Epcot and replacing Maelstrom. I can still argue the merits of it being there, but this ride looks awesome. The next gen animatronics look beyond incredible and of course, the story of Frozen is magical. The interior looks like a brand new ride and even makes you forget that Maelstrom was there. Between the animatronics here and at Pirates in Shanghai, I can only imagine what Avatar has in store for us. I'm very excited to ride this. Thankfully I have my fast pass booked :):D:p

DisDan

The thing is though, as great as the animatronics are on opening day, this is Disney, not exactly known for keeping things in good working order over the long term.

Over at Animal Kingdom, there's a lonely yeti watching all this and saying 'yeah you say the AAs are great now, but give it a few months...'

I think this argument, which routinely get trotted out these days, is a little disingenuous. Sure, the Yeti has not been (and may never be) fixed, but that is not the "norm" for Disney and AA's. It is more the norm that AA's will periodically breakdown and Disney does eventually fix them. Especially if they are main showcase AA's. I don't know what reasons they have for not fixing the Yeti AA, but I do know that you barely see that AA for more than a second and it may not be worth the cost of upkeep on that AA for the amount of time he is seen. It might as well be a static figure because most people wont really even notice it moves.

Princess Leia

What I would love (love, love, love) to see is an upgrade in the WS because of this. Mexico and Norway are the only countries with rides. I don't think it will happen anytime soon, but I would love to see the boat ride in Germany actually become a reality, as well as something in Japan. Something new would give Frozen/Norway a bit of a breather; maybe the waiting time would go down a bit. I can see this having longer wait times than Soarin' for the next couple of years. I know people are saying that Frozen's a has-been, but it's clearly still very popular.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom