Frozen Ever After opening day

MerlinTheGoat

Given my overall distaste for ALL things Frozen, after watching the POV, I don't have many good things to say. However...if they are using the same AA tech over at Pandora in DAK that they used in Frozenstrom, I may be going to DAK first thing during my next trip in 2018.
Frozen uses facial projection AA's like the ones from 7DMT, the tease we got for the Navi AA's actually use physical movement on the faces. They look incredibly advanced, even from the brief teaser you can see that there are far more axes of motion in the area around the eyes alone than anything before it. I suspect Avatar's AA's are actually going to be a step far beyond this ride. No telling how many figures like this there will be however.

orlando678-

Well a Mulan ride could work in China...since Mulan actually takes place in China...not a mythical country... Also it would be hard to place a Mulan ride in the Magic Kingdom...no land feels thematically correct for it...World Showcase would work...Likewise Ratatouille, not so sure about any other character though as most are not based in a specific time and place...
I think my biggest issue with the Frozen ride is, is that it doesn't really showcase anything of the country's culture, while there is enough exciting stuff to do with Norwegian culture. Also, Mulan and Ratatouille would actually fill in this cultural aspect for me, especially Mulan due to its historical background. Ratatouille could serve as a great ride to show France's culinary side, maybe not precisely like the ride at DLRP, but there are ways to perfectly showcase this.

Magenta Panther

So very Norwegian! :p

But after seeing the video...the ride reminds me a bit of the new-ish Peter Pan's Flight ride in Shanghai. There's a lot of visual excitement and real charm, I must admit. The AA's are more sophisticated than Pan, of course. Olaf's are quite impressive. And the "Let It Go" song is mercifully brief. The ride is still horribly out of place, but at least TDO did put some effort into this. So...okay. (shrugs)

jt04

What I would love (love, love, love) to see is an upgrade in the WS because of this. Mexico and Norway are the only countries with rides. I don't think it will happen anytime soon, but I would love to see the boat ride in Germany actually become a reality, as well as something in Japan. Something new would give Frozen/Norway a bit of a breather; maybe the waiting time would go down a bit. I can see this having longer wait times than Soarin' for the next couple of years. I know people are saying that Frozen's a has-been, but it's clearly still very popular.

This will open the floodgates by necessity.

Raineman

Frozen uses facial projection AA's like the ones from 7DMT, the tease we got for the Navi AA's actually use physical movement on the faces. They look incredibly advanced, even from the brief teaser you can see that there are far more axes of motion in the area around the eyes alone than anything before it. I suspect Avatar's AA's are actually going to be a step far beyond this ride. No telling how many figures like this there will be however.
Where can I find the teaser for Avatar? I would love to see that-I have only seen the renderings at this point.

hpyhnt 1000

Idoonu

WDeF7IC.png
RIP Olaf

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom