Frozen Ever After opening day

StageFrenzy

I personally never felt that there was anything wrong with omni-movers and I still don't. In fact, I wish all four parks were loaded with them. What my comment was about is that "todays expert" is expecting that Disney should create a whole new system of transport for every new attraction. They don't want to see a duplication of any past system otherwise it earns their disapproval. It wasn't the ride system in Epcot that was the problem it was that in many ways each attraction overlapped in story. Yes, it was FutureWorld and the only thing that addressed the future was Horizons. Everything else was a timeline from beginning to a few steps into the future and not much more. It was never the ride system that got old it was the story line. Let's face it even imagination, after the initial turn table show, was a snore fest. Creative yes, but, a lot less then interesting. All it had, in my opinion was that "one little spark of inspiration" in the imagining and creation of the opening scene with Dreamfinder and Figment. Without the song the ride would have been over right after that.
I guess I'm not "todays expert" because I don't mind either park using existing ride tech for a new attraction.
In order to look into the future there must be an anchor to the past and present. In order to show progress there has to be an understand where you've been. Most of Epcot's pavilions were advertisements on how with their product you can have the future today. The ride was the history and the post show was the future or what people would do with the sponsors product in the future.
Snore fest might be a bit strong for Imagination. Imagination had re-ridability and each ride was different because of the layering on the attraction allowed guests to see new details of the attraction.

Goofyernmost

The average used to be two years for a start from scratch E ticket.
Yup, and I was 25 once. That doesn't mean that I am or that I should be now. :grumpy: A few years from now the posters will be complaining about how it takes five years to build and how it used to only be three years. It took one year from ground work to opening Disneyland. Why aren't we still using that basis to determine what it should be now. Many factors go into it, but, I'm not going to spend more time naming them. I've done that already many, many times. Does anyone have the solution to this problem or is it nothing but criticism. We shouldn't be saying what's wrong, when we don't even really know for sure what it is that is causing it and if we did would not have a solid, reasonable solution to the problem. What's that old saying... "If you're not part of the solution, you may just be a part of the problem".

Goofyernmost

I guess I'm not "todays expert" because I don't mind either park using existing ride tech for a new attraction.
In order to look into the future there must be an anchor to the past and present. In order to show progress there has to be an understand where you've been. Most of Epcot's pavilions were advertisements on how with their product you can have the future today. The ride was the history and the post show was the future or what people would do with the sponsors product in the future.
Snore fest might be a bit strong for Imagination. Imagination had re-ridability and each ride was different because of the layering on the attraction allowed guests to see new details of the attraction.
I agree that it was a bit of a colorful thing to say, however, I can only speak for myself, but, after the beginning the remainder was a massive let down. It was good, but, the jaw dropping ended at the end of the turn table for me. It had, in my mind, a limited re-ride ability. I know that I rode it often, but, if there had been a chicken exit right after the beginning I would have taken it. Although, the entire thing was arms and legs above what is currently there, it still had lost a lot of it's draw by the time it was redone. It's a shame that they couldn't have redone it in the same spectacular way that it was originally built, but, it wasn't.

No one knows or understands the necessity of seeing where we came from while moving forward then I do. In fact, that has been one of my most consistent focal points when defending attractions like CoP. Unfortunately, many of todays guests do not understand the importance of history (just look at the current election campaign), but, I'm just saying that with all the fuss about staying in theme, Future World was hardly a solidly followed theme when those rides were built. It was 90 percent past to 10 percent future. (Then add on another 20% outside corporate promotion)

Goofyernmost

Some of us do....
Once again I have to disagree. You live in the UK and although I'm sure you have really good eyesight, I doubt that you can see that far. What you know is what others have told you and although a lot of the time that will be correct, you are only getting their vision of it and their interpretation of what is going on. So, although I am inclined to accept what you say as being factual, there is always a doubt in my mind about what you are told and their motivation for telling you. Anyway, it doesn't really matter to me. If I die before I ever get the chance to experience whatever they are doing, I'm pretty sure that my final list of regrets will not include anything in any Disney Park. It is just a pass time for me. If your correct... great! If you aren't.... still great. In the long and short of it, it doesn't really matter.

As you can tell, I'm starting to lose interest in any of these constantly negative attitudes. Life, health and love are the only things that really matter and how long it takes to build Frozen and make it work or where it is located is so low on my personal priority list that it just makes this pass time of mine seem juvenile. To cop a line from the Little Mermaid... "I just can't see how a World that creates such wonderful things can be bad". Perhaps it's time for me to just do what I did for over 30 years and that is to go there, enjoy the feeling I get and not participate in this debbie downer type conversation.

dizneycrazy09

Once again I have to disagree. You live in the UK and although I'm sure you have really good eyesight, I doubt that you can see that far. What you know is what others have told you and although a lot of the time that will be correct, you are only getting their vision of it and their interpretation of what is going on. So, although I am inclined to accept what you say as being factual, there is always a doubt in my mind about what you are told and their motivation for telling you. Anyway, it doesn't really matter to me. If I die before I ever get the chance to experience whatever they are doing, I'm pretty sure that my final list of regrets will not include anything in any Disney Park. It is just a pass time for me. If your correct... great! If you aren't.... still great. In the long and short of it, it doesn't really matter.

As you can tell, I'm starting to lose interest in any of these constantly negative attitudes. Life, health and love are the only things that really matter and how long it takes to build Frozen and make it work or where it is located is so low on my personal priority list that it just makes this pass time of mine seem juvenile. To cop a line from the Little Mermaid... "I just can't see how a World that creates such wonderful things can be bad". Perhaps it's time for me to just do what I did for over 30 years and that is to go there, enjoy the feeling I get and not participate in this debbie downer type conversation.

..but it's a forum where people talk, disagree, and criticize all things WDW. It's like ordering a steak, getting said steak, and then saying that you hate steak.

Much of the negativity comes from trolls who are negative to be negative which is what the ignore button is for; however, there is also another group that harshly criticizes the direction of the theme parks because some of their fondest memories with family and loved ones happened in the theme parks that were held to standards above all others. When something you love is maligned and mishandled for years, it's a natural reaction to criticize. And people like @marni1971 have more than proven their love of WDW and longing for it be held to the standards it once was.

Goofyernmost

..but it's a forum where people talk, disagree, and criticize all things WDW. It's like ordering a steak, getting said steak, and then saying that you hate steak.

Much of the negativity comes from trolls who are negative to be negative which is what the ignore button is for; however, there is also another group that harshly criticizes the direction of the theme parks because some of their fondest memories with family and loved ones happened in the theme parks that were held to standards above all others. When something you love is maligned and mishandled for years, it's a natural reaction to criticize. And people like @marni1971 have more than proven their love of WDW and longing for it be held to the standards it once was.
Some of my finest memories were there as well and I never saw it until I was 35 and I have been going there for 33 years. I have to wonder what these people see that I didn't. Like I said it doesn't really matter. I give up.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
asking because im curious whats new at Tokyo Disney land and Disney Sea in the last 10 years
Didn't Tokyo just announce 5 new attractions coming? BaTB, Frozen, BH6
Yup, and I was 25 once. That doesn't mean that I am or that I should be now. :grumpy: A few years from now the posters will be complaining about how it takes five years to build and how it used to only be three years. It took one year from ground work to opening Disneyland. Why aren't we still using that basis to determine what it should be now. Many factors go into it, but, I'm not going to spend more time naming them. I've done that already many, many times. Does anyone have the solution to this problem or is it nothing but criticism. We shouldn't be saying what's wrong, when we don't even really know for sure what it is that is causing it and if we did would not have a solid, reasonable solution to the problem. What's that old saying... "If you're not part of the solution, you may just be a part of the problem".
Comparing the pace of construction to that of an aging human being is a bit asinine

Kate F

So you're basically saying that we just have to accept that it takes them forever to build everything nowadays. Gotcha.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

So you're basically saying that we just have to accept that it takes them forever to build everything nowadays. Gotcha.
Exactly what choice do you have? Are you planning on nagging them into submission? They don't even know you or I care and it's not likely they would care if they did know.

Last edited:

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
I'm really enjoying this thread especially the part where people start insulting other people's opinions. When Did it become wrong to state your opinion? It's a forum. You're free to discuss how you feel about said topic. Who cares if you're positive or negative about said topic? Why does it bother some of you? Guess what, keep scrolling if you don't like someone's opinion. Get over it.

By the way this ride doesn't belong at Epcot, needs a higher capacity, should've been soft opened, and should've upgraded the ride system haha

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom