Frozen Ever After opening day

DisUniversal

I'm as far from a Disney apologist as you'll find, but saying all AA's are the same to maintain is like saying apples and pineapples taste the same because they're both fruits and their names are close.
I'm not saying they're the same, but regardless of differences, Disney should know exactly how to properly operate and maintain them....and if they're not 100% confident of being able to do so, they have absolutely no business opening an attraction. Should be thankful that Disney isn't in the business of making cars...can you imaging the "fun" people would have every time a new model hit the roads?

lebeau

I'm not saying they're the same, but regardless of differences, Disney should know exactly how to properly operate and maintain them....and if they're not 100% confident of being able to do so, they have absolutely no business opening an attraction. Should be thankful that Disney isn't in the business of making cars...can you imaging the "fun" people would have every time a new model hit the roads?

I believe their maintenance involves the use of strobe lights. Looking forward to Disco Olaf.

ToTBellHop

Was it not clear ahead of 6/21 around these parts that the ride wasn't ready? Disney's error is that they, once again, announced an opening date prematurely because they were hell-bent on this being ready for their summer marketing campaign. The ride is currently functioning in soft opening mode even though it is "officially open." This has been VERY poorly managed but it is typical for a ride in its opening days--just usually it would be actual soft opening and they would just close up the construction wall entrance when it breaks. When 7DMT was open sporadically in late May 2014 for soft openings, guests were excited whenever it was open as it was a special treat. In FEA's case, they foolishly released Fastpasses prematurely.

If not for the RoL fiasco, they might have delayed the opening by 2 weeks, but after that, they really couldn't.

Princess Leia

I think the longest lines I've waited for were for Pirates (went in June when my sister danced at Disney, never doing that again), Soarin', Splash Mountain, and maybe Jungle Cruise. And that was it. I think Soarin' was the only one that we waited over an hour for, but it might have been barely an hour. I cannot imagine spending 2+ hours in a line, when there are so many other things to do (unless you have an annual pass).

Incomudro

Just (finally) viewed the video of the Frozen ride.
Wow, that's impressive!
The state of the art has been pushed further, and Maelstrom looked like cardboard cutouts by comparison.
This certainly gives us an idea of what the Avatar boat ride, and Avatar itself is going to bring us.
Very exciting.
Oh, and Star Wars!

Buried20KLeague

They should also replace lightbulbs before their stated lifespan even if they're not burned out, but they don't do that anymore either.

There's a number of things we all here know they SHOULD be doing, but won't.

Welcome to the current Regime. Accept and assimilate.

fosse76

Do we know what's causing the breakdowns? The ride system is essentially the same as Maelstrom, right (with I assume some minor upgrades)? How often did Maelstrom break down?

Buried20KLeague

I've actually been thinking about this. Tell people it's 240 minutes, when it's really only 50, then keep the line manageable?

This sort of topic has come up before and at those times those "in the know" have said that it's not possible to manually adjust the wait times.

Not sure what's the truth, but I know that's been stated before.

Then again... I don't know how it's possible for the wait time to be listed at 70 minutes at rope drop, either. :cautious:

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Do we know what's causing the breakdowns? The ride system is essentially the same as Maelstrom, right (with I assume some minor upgrades)? How often did Maelstrom break down?

that's what is odd to me, I never heard about maelstrom breaking down and getting the water drained and evac'd...anyone know how often that happened before?

Daveeeeed

This sort of topic has come up before and at those times those "in the know" have said that it's not possible to manually adjust the wait times.

Then again... I don't know how it's possible for the wait time to be listed at 70 minutes at rope drop, either. :cautious:
Anticipation.

ChrisFL

Premium Member

Someone gets a red card at the end of the line....waits 30 mins, and CM takes the red card, waits 20 mins before scanning it, so the "wait time" is now 50 mins? maybe?

Daveeeeed

Someone gets a red card at the end of the line....waits 30 mins, and CM takes the red card, waits 20 mins before scanning it, so the "wait time" is now 50 mins? maybe?
The line if completely filled has a capacity. That's also one way they can tell, although I don't know for sure.

Buried20KLeague

Right, but for it to show a 5 hour wait (as it did), they would have to scan one directly at opening, and then they couldn't scan it again till basically half the day was over... While all the while the wait time sign creeped up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom