Frozen Ever After opening day

Daveeeeed

1500 is not happening. That is max with all the boats running and this has larger problems than theoretical capacity, with it going 101 this many times on the first and second days so many times means you get 300 at best.

Should have had 2 months of softs to see if it should even open.
That's true. But in a near perfect scenario you should get close to that number, and that will be the key to bring it down.

Goofyernmost

Not what I was talking about at all but whatever. I meant how there will be better Frozen rides made elsewhere as rumored. Just like all the other Pirates compared to ours here in Florida. The exact details remain unknown except that Tokyo is getting a whole land but I'm expecting big things if this is how our ride turned out.

Dark rides like Pan and Pooh would be C. This is definitely D.
OK, on the first paragraph, we will have to see how it turns out in other places. I thought is was done very well and connecting that with the E ticket system, based on pretty much anything Disney has built in the last few years, it is an E ticket. It's much better then Pan or Pooh, but different from HM or Pirates because those are one of a kind with no real precedent to base it on.

Mike S

OK, on the first paragraph, we will have to see how it turns out in other places. I thought is was done very well and connecting that with the E ticket system, based on pretty much anything Disney has built in the last few years, it is an E ticket. It's much better then Pan or Pooh, but different from HM or Pirates because those are one of a kind with no real precedent to base it on.
One easy way to know that they'll be better is that they'll have a whole new layout that's made specifically for the story they want to tell rather than putting it in an old ride.

Also, anything? Have you seen Mystic Manor or Shanghai's Pirates? Sure those are in China but that's Disney's modern benchmark for what E Tickets are. It didn't take much for this ride to be better than anything built in WDW in the last few years to be perfectly honest but boy did the Imagineers behind this do the best they could with it.

Daveeeeed

Not what I was talking about at all but whatever. I meant how there will be better Frozen rides made elsewhere as rumored. Just like all the other Pirates compared to ours here in Florida. The exact details remain unknown except that Tokyo is getting a whole land but I'm expecting big things if this is how our ride turned out.

Unless you're referring to Tokyo's Pooh that would be an E;)

AEfx

Thing is - 99% of guests are never going to know about the rides in foreign countries. That's a fan concern not a guest concern.

Oh, I can't agree with that. Pan is a big deal because of it's charm - it's mostly static maquettes. And Pooh? It may be a bit longer, but it looks like it could have been built in the 1970's given it's lack of real animatronics.

This ride is visually stunning - there isn't a single dark ride at WDW that takes you more into the world of an animated film.

Mike S

Thing is - 99% of guests are never going to know about the rides in foreign countries. That's a fan concern not a guest concern.
Since when is California a foreign country? I remember seeing Cali ads that included Cars Land here in Florida. No doubt they'll do the same with Frozen. People will know about it.

Yes Disneyland will be getting the same big ride as Tokyo but not the land and in Fantasyland.
Oh, I can't agree with that. Pan is a big deal because of it's charm - it's mostly static maquettes. And Pooh? It may be a bit longer, but it looks like it could have been built in the 1970's given it's lack of real animatronics.

This ride is visually stunning - there isn't a single dark ride at WDW that takes you more into the world of an animated film.
With what? That those rides are C's or that this is a D?

Donaldfan1934

Indeed.

( Michel with Tony at the opening of Disneyland's 'Fantasy Faire' which they both worked on together - March 2013 )

The mentorship relationship between two creatives is a personal development process that has always meant a lot to Tony.

A mentor outstretches his hand to a young mentee and they collaborate to help encourage the already present creative skills.

The mentor / mentee relationship swings both ways, as the older mentor passes down what he has learned through his years to the younger mentee and vice versa.
It is a mutually benificial exchange for both the 'old veteran' and the 'new recruit'.

Michel is one such mentee.

This is something that Tony wanted to be a part of in his later years and still is in some respects.
It's what I lament the most about regarding his 'retirement' a few years ago....purposely being put out to pasture and thus being somewhat forcibly distanced from partaking in the mentorship opportunities he likely wants to be actively a part of.

He himself is the direct result of a excellent mentor / mentee relationship so can relate to the situation on a personal level.
It was the great Claude Coats who was Tony's mentor all those years ago....back when he first began at WED.
Claude saw the creative potential in that skinny college kid and gave him the chance to make his mark....and wow, did he ever!
We have all benefitted from that.

Here's hoping for yet more to come from folks like Michel!
:)

-
Wow, its just amazing to me that the liniage between someone from Walt's day like Claude Coates and a moder imagineer like Michel can be so strong. Posts like this give me a lit of hope for the future of P&R even when it seems hopeless at times (DL SWL destruction anyone?).

Last edited:

AEfx

Since when is California a foreign country?

Frozen is getting a better attraction in California?

If it is, then really - it still stands - as the percentage of guests who visit both parks or are aware of the differences is going to be very, very small (in the single digits of the average guest population of WDW).

But as far as I knew, the only announced Frozen attractions are in other countries.

With what? That those rides are C's or that this is a D?

That whatever scale you use, this ride certainly doesn't belong in a lesser category than Pan and Pooh.

Mike S

Frozen is getting a better attraction in California?

If it is, then really - it still stands - as the percentage of guests who visit both parks or are aware of the differences is going to be very, very small (in the single digits of the average guest population of WDW).

But as far as I knew, the only announced Frozen attractions are in other countries.
See my edits in the previous post.
That whatever scale you use, this ride certainly doesn't belong in a lesser category than Pan and Pooh.
In the old ticket system attractions were ranked from A to E with E being the best so I'm actually putting Frozen higher than Pan and Pooh. Classic misunderstanding :)

Kate F

This ride is very nice and all, but if this is an E-ticket, what does that make something like Splash Mountain?

Donaldfan1934

Here are my thoughts on the ride after riding it.

The que is very well done. Really they did a great job and the place looks great.

The ride itself exceeded all my expectations. It is a must do ride for me and my family from now on. The animatronics were amazing. Simply awesome!! Everything worked when we ride ever effect was on and they each and everyone of them were awesome

I agree with some that few spots had some dead space something more could have been done but I don't think I would have added anything. As the lift hill added anticipation to getting to the top to see Elsa.

Overall ride was as good a dark ride I have been on and would be a top tier in MK.

My final point is I agree with everyone else and my two boys and wife Said same thing this belongs in a different park.

Even with that being said it was great to see this kind of quality done again and is a great addition to the attraction lineup.

Epcot now needs to decide its direction. If they are going to pump some money in and make this park something great again they need to do it now as this ride will draw an entire new age group to park and what they have here now needs some major work.

Energy Imaginaion and two more rides in countries are needed bad.
Perfectly stated. I can't wait to ride it myself next time I'm down there.

AEfx

In the old ticket system attractions were ranked from A to E with E being the best so I'm actually putting Frozen higher than Pan and Pooh. Classic misunderstanding :)

Got ya, that was totally my fault...I know better, LOL. I figured it was something like that since we generally agree LOL.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Agreed that this looks far superior to WDWs Pooh. Pan has some nostalgia pull for me personally, but if I force myself to think rationally without bias it's also inferior to Frozen. I would be interested in seeing Pan get a major refurb to include some of these new projection AAs. The lines would be crazy but it would still be cool.

MagicHappens1971

Agreed that this looks far superior to WDWs Pooh. Pan has some nostalgia pull for me personally, but if I force myself to think rationally without bias it's also inferior to Frozen. I would be interested in seeing Pan get a major refurb to include some of these new projection AAs. The lines would be crazy but it would still be cool.
I'm honestly not surprised Disney isn't rolling out these new AAs everywhere. I'm assuming they're more expensive but they're so much more detailed and make the characters look more alive.

Animaniac93-98

I'm honestly not surprised Disney isn't rolling out these new AAs everywhere.

I like the AAs in Frozen, but I believe they work best for translating animated characters into three dimensions. I don't think the same projected face stuff would work for human figures like those found in The American Adventure. Just in case someone at WDI is thinking about that.

MagicHappens1971

I like the AAs in Frozen, but I believe they work best for translating animated characters into three dimensions. I don't think the same projected face stuff would work for human figures like those found in The American Adventure. Just in case someone at WDI is thinking about that.
Yeah I feel the same way, I meant for attractions like Peter Pans Flight, Snow Whites Scary Adventures (DL). I've seen a few people say the projection AAs look chessy and cheap but I personally feel it adds more life to the AA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom