Frozen Ever After opening day

Brian Swan

After watching the video several times, there seems to be two AAs that are not working (other than the Olaf that broke after opening). The first Sven appears to have no movement except for his eyes.

Marshmallow also appears to be missing vertical movement. The positioning of his hands and articulated joints suggest that he is to move up and down with his hands fixed in place.
Same thought I had. The first time I watched the video I kept waiting for Marshmallow to rise, but he didn't.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Granted those queue details are cool to have and I appreciate the attention to detail, but if there is a budget allocation for a ride and you see a lot of detail that went into the queue itself and there are still parts of the ride that could have used more, then that's what just makes me question it a bit. This is because a person's attention is 100% on what the ride consists of, vs while standing in the queue, a small percentage of the person's attention is focused to what the queue consists of...for example these screenshots from today in the queue.
View attachment 147169
View attachment 147170

Whenever you have those kinds of thoughts... just look at photos like these... and think of the alternatives
SFMM_GL_MediaDay315.jpg

Disney has long used the queue as the opening chapter of an attraction. Frequently used to introduce concepts (like how its done in Everest).. or set tones and transitions (like Nemo)... or simply entertain and impress while waiting.

The alternative blows.

flynnibus

Premium Member
That's keeping with the source material. As far as set design goes, Frozen's a very sparse movie. The Ice Palace interior is basically just a staircase, a fancy chandelier and a balcony. One of the reasons why people call Frozen one of Disney's more Broadway-ish movies, it lends itself to stage perfectly.

I would have to watch the movie again (haven't seen it since it's initial theater run)... but I remember the sets being TALL (like no ceiling) not necessarily bare.

People should know Norwegians are pretty utilitarian... tidy, even sparse, and efficient are cultural traits as well. But while the hallways, etc in the castle may not have been cluttered with lots of stuff, they were not devoid of style or detail.

Figments Friend

As someone who's been very impressed with the POV's of this attraction, it just makes so much sense that this would come from the apprentice of Tony Baxter himself. If Fantasy Faire represents Tony passing the torch to Michel, then this is Michel carrying it on and keeping Tony's unmatched legacy alive.

Indeed.
:)

Tony strongly felt that Michel was just the type of 'new blood' needed for WDI.
A lot of effort and quite a bit of trouble went into getting him hired and over here Stateside from what I have heard.
He believed in him, and believed Michel had a lot to offer and could bring a valuable dose a quality design to the table.
His work speaks for himself, as all good work does, and the work he did for Disneyland's 'Fantasy Faire' was quite nice.

I definitely see Michel's artistic influence in the queue areas.
Looks great!

-

Figments Friend

Michel was standing at the ride exit when we got off the boat. Our friends who rode with us let him know how amazing we thought it was.

Of course I had no idea who the guy was until they explained it as we were walking away lol. Otherwise I'd have thrown him a compliment too!

That is great to hear....
Hope he was pleased with the Guest responses to the experience.

:)

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom