Frozen Ever After opening day

wdwgreek

Kind of a broad question, but for those of you who experienced the ride yesterday, how would you compare it to Under the Sea? I never watched any videos of the Ariel ride because I wanted to experience it spoiler free and I remember being so excited, impressed and in love with the ride the first time I rode it. I watched a video of the Frozen ride yesterday (mainly because I'm not as excited for this) and I was really underwhelmed. I found the screen projections on the faces of the AAs to be really distracting and awkward looking and my overall impression of the ride itself was, that's it? That's what we've been waiting for? I realize seeing it on a small screen can't compare to seeing it in person so I'm hoping I'm proved wrong while we're there in September.

It is a much bettwe qauility dark ride then little mermaid. Little mermaid is very much here is a song here is a song here is a song with a long akward transasition between scenes. This ride has some sierd transations the fog hallway for example but over all it is an improvment vauge story still but stringer the just anmusical melody. The let it go sequence is very powerful and the projection mapping works best on elsa and worst on anna cause you are so close. But its still pretty cool!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
The one thing I do have to say is that while I did enjoy the attraction yesterday and what they did with the pavilion (aside from my personal feelings about it taking over Maelstrom), they're going to have to come up with a long term solution for the line. The line was all the way back to China when I got in it yesterday afternoon and I only had to wait 90 minutes. Aside from the whole area being somewhat of a congested mess, they had at least 15 cast members out there to keep the line under control and where traffic could still flow throughout the pavilion. It obviously makes you think again that if they only started from scratch and didn't shoehorn this attraction into an existing space, they would have had a normal queue line that could have handled the capacity and didn't have guests lined up outside World Showcase in the sun.
Did you have a FP+ and still waited 90 minutes?

DisneyJunkie

I see you fall into that camp, the ones that formed their opinion before they saw the ride and no matter how good it might be there was no changing that opinion. Oh well, make sure you don't ever ride it.

Boy are your assumptions way off. You assume and assume wrong. I watched the video of the ride (and other videos of it) BEFORE I formed my opinion. I hate Frozen and I hate that Maelstrom was gone, but even in seeing what they did with the space, I'm unimpressed.

BrianLo

I admit I was expecting a charming C, this appears much better than that.

Has anyone done both this and Hunny Hunt yet? If you peel away the neat ride system it seems like WDW finally has one of the top Fantasyland styled dark rides... In the world.

Even if it took a wrong turn and settled in Epcot.

I'm very excited for the next E-ticket iteration of this, hopefully Michele is on that project too.

MagicHappens1971

Kind of a broad question, but for those of you who experienced the ride yesterday, how would you compare it to Under the Sea? I never watched any videos of the Ariel ride because I wanted to experience it spoiler free and I remember being so excited, impressed and in love with the ride the first time I rode it. I watched a video of the Frozen ride yesterday (mainly because I'm not as excited for this) and I was really underwhelmed. I found the screen projections on the faces of the AAs to be really distracting and awkward looking and my overall impression of the ride itself was, that's it? That's what we've been waiting for? I realize seeing it on a small screen can't compare to seeing it in person so I'm hoping I'm proved wrong while we're there in September.
Finally got a chance to watch the full ride through. Only watched a small part earlier. Personally yes I feel it's slightly a book report but a little different. This has much more of a story then VOTLM does. All of the songs were rerecorded to include new phrases kinda including the fact that everyone in the boat is on a journey to go see Elsa and Anna through their story. I.e.: Anna & Kristoffs little scene. I think the AAs are spectacular, effects were pretty cool too. Would I wait 5 hours for it? No way, but definitely a solid ride and much much better then VOTLM story wise. And personally the most technologically advanced dark ride Disneys created (that I've seen or heard of).

psuchad

For those mourning the loss of Maelstrom, watch the side by side comparison video on YouTube. The difference is night and day. Maelstrom had long stretches of darkness and nothing to look at. Frozen offers something to look at in every corner and replaces manikin figures with something amazing.

The only thing that will be missed by me is the close encounter with the waterfall. Unfortunately, I will never get a chance to scare my kids in that section.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Whenever you have those kinds of thoughts... just look at photos like these... and think of the alternatives
SFMM_GL_MediaDay315.jpg

Disney has long used the queue as the opening chapter of an attraction. Frequently used to introduce concepts (like how its done in Everest).. or set tones and transitions (like Nemo)... or simply entertain and impress while waiting.

The alternative blows.

As usual Disney did not get their 150 million worth. UNI could have built an entire land for that budget What Diagon Alley cost what 260 million...

Bocabear

I admit I was expecting a charming C, this appears much better than that.

Has anyone done both this and Hunny Hunt yet? If you peel away the neat ride system it seems like WDW finally has one of the top Fantasyland styled dark rides... In the world.

Even if it took a wrong turn and settled in Epcot.

I'm very excited for the next E-ticket iteration of this, hopefully Michele is on that project too.
Just imagine what they could have done with this in Fantasyland as an E ticket... This ride is actually much nicer than I expected, and seems a little like things are missing... Like the top of the Up ramp when Olaf is skating...set seems just too bare... like there is more to come in that setting... and the backwards down ramp... Doesn't it seem like Marshmallow shold be chasing you in the last part of it...then you go into the cloud bank and Marshmallow has tripped... it's like we are missing a piece of the story there... Why is he laying on the ground?.....and the last few arches before the fog bank have simple animations... Seems like something is not quite finished there.... But all in all it is charming and very beautiful... lots of sparkly eye candy and really feels like the old Disney dark rides.

zooey

Just imagine what they could have done with this in Fantasyland as an E ticket... This ride is actually much nicer than I expected, and seems a little like things are missing... Like the top of the Up ramp when Olaf is skating...set seems just too bare... like there is more to come in that setting... and the backwards down ramp... Doesn't it seem like Marshmallow shold be chasing you in the last part of it...then you go into the cloud bank and Marshmallow has tripped... it's like we are missing a piece of the story there... Why is he laying on the ground?.....and the last few arches before the fog bank have simple animations... Seems like something is not quite finished there.... But all in all it is charming and very beautiful... lots of sparkly eye candy and really feels like the old Disney dark rides.
Marshmallow is a good guy post-frozen so he wouldn't chase you. He takes care of the snowgies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom