Frozen Ever After opening day

Donaldfan1934

I haven't seen this posted in this thread but I also can't confess to having read every single post (shame on me, I know). However, this is interesting because it gives a side-by-side POV ride through of FEA and Maelstrom. It really shows the differences between the two. To me, it really proves how this is not a simple reskinning. I think that it is hilarious when that statement is uttered after seeing this.

FWIW, I think that at least on YouTube, this ride looks spectacular and I cannot wait to ride it in about 4 weeks. This is better than I thought that it would be. I feel bad for the EPCOT Center purists though, as I think this was what was needed to prove to Bob IP Iger and Co. that the time has come to redefine World Showcase. There has always been an argument that the larger majority of people do not want to go to theme parks to get educated or 'edutained'. Unfortunately, the demand to simply want to be wowed by a ride, be it either by visuals, audio, movement, or a combination of all 3 - produces a simpler but more enjoyable and repeatable experience for people. That is not to say, however, that this is a simple ride. I don't think that it is as the AAs and use of screen tech is impressive (on my computer screen). I read earlier in this thread that someone complained about the entire ride, but specifically called the AAs out as being flat and rather static. I laughed out loud at the ludicrous nature of that remark. That is being negative just to be negative which does not help that side of the argument. Anyway, if it is running in four weeks, I am hoping to enjoy it in person.

Exactly. Anyone who doesn't admit That what came out was better than expected is either blinded by nostalgia or its bad placement.

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

The ride was awesome. I did not look at any spoilers beforehand so I had no idea what to expect. I was blown away. I can't wait to ride again. I was always a fan of Maelstrom but I won't miss it much as this is a much better ride.

This is my husband and daughter on the last day of Maelstrom and the first day of Frozen. Pretty cool we got to experience both. She was just a few weeks old when Maelstrom closed and she's almost 2 now, though to me it feels like no time has passed!

View attachment 147188
Very cool, thanks for sharing.

Dizney Crew

All the vids posted online today far exceeded my expectations, without seeing hardly any pics during the build, I wasn't expecting much. As already been posted the AA's look great along with the queue. Being that its geared towards kids, I'll take it for what its worth, which looks to be a really good Dark ride and nothing more. Glad to finally have something new to ride in EPCOT.

Donaldfan1934

Michel den Dulk is a Dutch designer and artist who previously worked on several projects within a few famous European theme parks such at Alton Towers, the Efteling, and Europa Park.
He is a real talent and easily captures the charm of various European architecture in his projects.
His beautiful artwork and charming design sense captured the attention of Tony Baxter, who pursued him for a few years and succeeded in convincing Michel to come and work with him at WDI, starting in 2009.

Besides the newly opened 'Frozen Ever After' Attraction, Michel is probably best known to Disney fans for his lovely work done for Disneyland's 'Fantasy Faire'.
This former location of the Plaza Gardens was turned into a quaint and beautifully themed European village to house the mandatory Princess character meet & greet as well as a refreshing of the theater and food service options.
It was the last major project Tony worked on before his 'retirement' from full time duties at WDI.
A rather fitting 'closure' to a era, as the Plaza Gardens area was where Tony began his career working for Disney as a CM.

A photo of Michel standing in front of one of the 'village houses' at Disneyland's 'Fantasy Faire' in 2013 -

A example of Michel's beautiful artwork, in this case a project he did for Europa Park -

Here is another example, this being some of the concept art he did for Disneyland's 'Fantasy Faire'.
Just gorgeous artwork....look at all of the detail !

As someone who's been very impressed with the POV's of this attraction, it just makes so much sense that this would come from the apprentice of Tony Baxter himself. If Fantasy Faire represents Tony passing the torch to Michel, then this is Michel carrying it on and keeping Tony's unmatched legacy alive.

Kate F

I'm with the majority on this one, I hadn't been expecting much but I was very impressed by what I saw. The AAs, especially Olaf, look amazing, they're by far the best thing about the ride, and I thought the Let it Go scene was pretty neat as well. The ending didn't really make sense to me, and there were some parts that felt a bit bare, but overall I think they did a great job with what they had to work with!

It is a bummer that they didn't just build this from scratch in another park where they could have done so much more with it and would not have had to deal with capacity issues or the loss of another ride, but for what it is, it's a nice little dark ride with some cool effects and fantastic AAs. Good job Disney Imagineering!

jrhwdw

Marshmallow also sometimes says "I'm free" as opposed to "let it go"

That looked weird to me esp since he's surrounded by snowges. Also what's the story with Elsa being in her Frozen Fever dress at the end?

Over all, GREAT Attraction!!!!! I agree on how great the AAs look! Elsa's scene blew me away!!!! GREAT use of the upper level! I don't think Males. upper level was that dramatic!

Laura

Premium Member
As someone who's been very impressed with the POV's of this attraction, it just makes so much sense that this would come from the apprentice of Tony Baxter himself. If Fantasy Faire represents Tony passing the torch to Michel, then this is Michel carrying it on and keeping Tony's unmatched legacy alive.

Michel was standing at the ride exit when we got off the boat. Our friends who rode with us let him know how amazing we thought it was.

Of course I had no idea who the guy was until they explained it as we were walking away lol. Otherwise I'd have thrown him a compliment too!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom