Frozen Ever After opening day

FigmentJedi

For me, the biggest blunder by far was replacing Horizons with Mission Space....but the that one is pretty darn close!
Mission Space's crime is that its short, kinda dull and lacks a lot of repeat value. Meanwhile, JIYI starts right out of the gate insulting its audience's creativity and pretending to offer a solution to fix your creativity with all kinds of funhouse tricks and tech gimmicks that are pretty dull and uninspiring outside the caged butterfly. I'd say it was far worse.

MGMBoy

I think the weakest part for me is the first scene after the up lift, where olaf is skating around. That looks to be a fairly large show space where the viking scene once was, and yet its just one small olaf going in circles... thats all they could do there?

Agreed. It seems like just another spot to show Olaf. He is even "singing" about how he doesn't know the song.

flynnibus

Premium Member
AA's are amazing, but something still feels off.

Mainly the large blank spaces... the wasted backwards section..

The AAs are amazing, and a good # of them.. instead of being some good, mixed in a bunch of bleh like TLM.. but can't help but think they blew their wad on them and ran out of money. I mean look at the set where anna and kristoff are... its basically just a blank blue twinkle background and empty spance. Look at some of the hallway sequences... just the blue projection panels showing busy work.

There is something to be set about setting things up a on pedestal and not allowing things to detract from your main focus.. but many scenes are just really BARE.

The AAs tho certainly bring the 'movie as the ride' experience to a new level tho.

Andrew_Ryan

Let's be honest here. There is a large segment of WDW fans that weren't going to be happy with this ride no matter what was presented. It could have been the most incredible thing since the wheel and a lot of us would have still grabbed the pitchforks and torches.

I don't believe that for a second. An amazing attraction would get unanimous respect.

Donaldfan1934

No. I'm basing my statement on the fact it should have been built elsewhere, not in Epcot, and given a grander treatment.

I know what I'm basing things on. No need to argue with the tequila.
I strongly agree with you that this shouldn't have been built where it was, but that shouldn't fully count against the rating of the attraction individually. The attraction by itself is very well made in ways that seem to exceed its perceived limitations. I actually wouldn't make a full opinion until we actually ride it. But for now, I think its safe to say that Frozen Ever After is an attraction that still lives up to a solid portion of its potential despite its obviously poor placement.

PhotoDave219

I strongly agree with you that this shouldn't have been built where it was, but that shouldn't fully count against the rating of the attraction individually. The attraction by itself is very well made in ways that seem to exceed its perceived limitations. I actually wouldn't make a full opinion until we actually ride it. But for now, I think its safe to say that Frozen Ever After is an attraction that still lives up to at least a good portion of its potential despite its obviously poor placement.

Its subjective.

You're of one opinion and I'm of the opinion that for what Frozen is, it deserved more.

BrerJon

Oh and let's bet how long the "special effect" with the mist will work, 6 months? 8 months? If WDI has done the same "great job" as they did with EE we can expect the first effects to break down in a few weeks, remember EE where the first effects stopped working days after the grand opening?

A few weeks? Dude, the snomwan and reindeer AAs failed within a few hours of the ride opening on day one. This is going to be a tough one to maintain once WDI hands it over to the regular maintenance guys.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Why do people keep saying there is no story line? It is pretty obvious you're riding up to see Elsa in her ice palace, that's it. Nothing more nothing less, and there's nothing wrong with that imo. Come on guys, use your brains ffs.

well she sure has a wierd way of greeting you... and the order of how you get there and what people are doing along the way sure is discombobulated... and if that's where you are going... why do you immediately leave and wander out and then find anna and else in summer, etc. The 'we're off to grandmas house...' plot line doesn't glue this thing together.

BrerJon

Agreed. It seems like just another spot to show Olaf. He is even "singing" about how he doesn't know the song.

One thing we can be relieved about, there doesn't appear to be a section where the audience is awkwardly asked/made to sing along to Frozen songs... I was pretty much expecting they'd try and force something like that in, since, although I don't see the appeal myself, apparently everyone else loves singing along to them.

wdwgreek

So after riding it again and in line to ride it a third time. Its a very well executed attraction. I vehemently hate and i mean the location in world showcase it undermines the integrity of the world showcase. That said the attraction itself is a very good attraction. Comparing it to the last dark ride they built mermaid or mine train it is sholders above both. But there's no story you say, it has good framing. Elsa is having an opening to the public for all the citzens of arrednelle and we are invited to leave the village the queue/norway pavilion and come in. For what it is well executed. Does not excuse the poor placement but as an attraction it is my top fast pass pic in epcot now.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
My guess is that the average guest absolutely does not care and quite honestly if they did, would feel it's close enough as they associate the ride & the movie as being "Norway" ish in feel and look. It's not ideal but it's here and the naysayers were likely all there bright and early to ride it...and will be there again and again.

Disney parks achieved the success they have today due to 1000's of details that guest probably don't "care" about individually but combine to set Disney parks apart from other theme and amusement parks.

Clamman73

Just a little perturbed about how much has to be put into a queue nowadays instead of using that time, money and effort towards the ride itself. I guess it's part of the whole experience...:confused:

mickey v-neck

On placement, I'm torn. Would have been a great addition to NFL, but I'm happy to see World Showcase get some love.

I don't really understand the thought that frozen "deserved" a bigger and more ambitious attraction. How would that have worked? Something like Mystic Manor or Shanghai Pirates? I'd prefer for something that huge to not be wasted on content like Frozen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom