Frozen complainers are finally making headlines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnWD

It's not DLR > WDW. It's DL > MK.
I was giving DL a break! :) Of course my opinion, but MK is way better than DL. And I love the DL FL dark rides that are no longer at MK.

However, at least at DL one can get some descent stealth shots of SWL. ;)

FigmentForver96

I was giving DL a break! :) Of course my opinion, but MK is way better than DL. And I love the DL FL dark rides that are no longer at MK.

Well at least Orlando isn't tampering with one of the last few rides designed by Walt Disney. ;)

FigmentForver96

Technically none of the rides in Florida were designed by Walt Disney. They all had differences from the DL originals that, obviously, he had no say in.
Oh I know, I was making a point back to the poster about Disneyland and SWL. I know nothing in Orlando has Walt's seal on it, but the Rivers of America in Disneyland did...that's was I was referring too.

Cesar R M

I don't work in the "Customer Servicing Field" so I will leave that to the experts.

The Burberry brand was established in 1856 and is over 160 years old. Burberry is ultra conservative, stylish, and iconic. Their clothing and boots are gorgeous and not hoe boots. Stay on topic for just once. *Once*.

LOL. ***This*** did not cause the Frozen Construction thread to be closed. I never ever posted on that thread because it had gotten so nasty. Honestly, in all my years here, I have never seen a major information and construction thread have to be locked. I mean there were some knock down drag out fights in the Avatarland threads but *nothing* like that. LOL.

I don't ever want to see that happen again.

Aww, I totally deserve that. The Boston Red Sox is a good team.

Merlin, in a *Frozen* thread? I can't believe it. I know you will never turn down a chance to take a cheap shot at me but still, you're here. You must be starting to warm up a little to Frozestrom or you've at least come to terms with it -- if so, that's great, Merlin.

Also, The Economist article is not spam, I just thought it was interesting how IP's and media companies are the driving force behind the recent theme park investment boom.

I never got to experience Wonders of Life, Horizons, Kitchen Kaberet and Figment with Dreamfinder -- those must have been some really amazing experiences. Mr Toad gets brought up a lot here, too.

It's kind of unbelievable to think that Frozen was able to lighten crowds at MK. And, I totally agree with you that it's going to happen again.

I was looking at flynnibus's amazing Shanghai Disney thread and felt bad. But, then I had to put things into perspective. MK opened in 1971, the park is 45 years old and it is still an amazing theme park. It's not fair to compare it to Shanghai.
disaster-girl.jpg

Siren

Original Poster
I don't know if this is NOW the appropriate thread for this but I was just in Disneyland and not once but twice did the opening chord of "Let It Go" illicit groans from the crowd watching both the Disneyland Forever fireworks and the World of Color: Celebrate show. However, both times, the end of their respective Frozen sequences resulted in cheers as they were actually some of the most impressive parts of the show.
Oh, you are definitely in the right place -- you can share anything you want about Frozen without the fear of being attacked and/or ridiculed.

Unfortunately, the Frozen Construction had to be locked because it had become so nasty, which is why I never posted in that thread.

Anyway, your observations were too funny. By this account, I'm going to gauge that the Frozen ride will be a huge success with the masses and a sort of love-hate relationship with the crowd you observed. They will love it but hate to admit that. LOL.

You introduced the "boots" as a means of deflecting the fact you don't want anyone viewing your profile page, just as you used Burberry to deflect the fact you are indeed a paid TWDC shill. But, it's a living....
You don't say. Hey, is this even legal? I better bite my tongue.

The spam I was referring to was the Burberry boot stuff you posted, not so much the Economist article. Why even bring Burberry or boots up?
A poster who attempted to access my profile page received an "error" message. So he asked other posters if I had gotten "the boot". So naturally, I started thinking about boots -- specifically, my favorite boots and just made light of the situation.

Those gorgeous Burberry Aviator boots are my all time favorite boots in the whole world. LOL.

I have no clue why and almost wondered if your account was hacked because it read exactly like an automated spambot post.
No. Of course not, Merlin. Those Aviator boots are so old, around six years old to be exact. It's been over half a decade since they came out.

I got those boots for Christmas in 2010, which means they were released in Fall of 2010. I wasn't even a member here, yet. Heck, you weren't even a member here in 2010 -- that's how old those boots are. They're not for sale. Not to mention, I haven't worn them in almost three years. I just adore them for their design -- they don't make them quite like that anymore. All the other boots I mentioned are old boots, too.

People won't even discuss a car that is older than two or three years old, let alone a pair of six year old boots.

So no, Merlin I am not spamming boots that are over half a decade old.

Except the rest of your post still contained your usual style (and i see you're just as antagonistic as ever towards anyone who isn't satisfied with Frozen at Epcot)..
Oh that's my signature style. Thanks for noticing, lol.

Antagonistic? No, of course not. It's totally okay to find exception with Frozen in Epcot.

The idea is still as repulsive as ever (not sure how my lack of posts in the thread would give off the impression i was warming up to it either). The more we learn about the ride in fact, the more valid the concerns become (short, obscenely low capacity, and leaving Norway's culture behind).
Okay, that is totally wishful thinking, on my part. Plus, you've been unusually quiet for a while.

I will attempt to address your concerns

"short" - The length of the ride is the same or longer. I thought Disney added a bend in the track that also extended the length. Either way, not a problem, as it's what has been enjoyed for the past 20-30 years.

"obscenely low capacity" - Not a concern. I imagine it can't be any worse that TSMM or even Dumbo back in the day before Disney added the second one. Besides, the same golden rule still applies -- get a Fastpass -- otherwise, be prepared to arrive at the parks prior to rope drop and head straight to Norwat.

"leaving Norway's culture behind" - LOL. I am not going there with you. I know you that loved the trolls. And the Frozen ride will have trolls, too.

The Frozen 'Love Experts' are inspired by Norway's deep forest stone trolls.

9q8jlu.jpg

245xd2h.jpg

1sclf9.jpg

The Royal Summerhus is inspired by rural Norwegian architectural style.

The Imagineers traveled to Norway to research Norwegian culture.

I know you will always have a place in your heart for Maelstrom, so will i. But, you might find something you can appreciate or love even more in the new Norway pavilion.

As for Shanghai comparisons to MK, MK already had plenty of issues even when compared against itself and Disneyland CA. Disneyland is far older yet has upgraded tons of its rides over the years that MK has not. MK has no excuse not to do the same to its own dated and dilapidated versions of rides such as Peter Pan and Space Mountain (we shall see about Big Thunder this fall). The park hasn't had a truly worthwhile addition since the early 90s with Splash Mountain, it is woefully light on attractions for the amount of people it pulls. Which is a shame because Tokyo's version of Frozen and possibly the new Beauty and the Beast rides could have been just what it needed at least to start with (which again Disneyland is rumored to be getting).
Very well said. I agree with everything here, especially MK's Space Mountain compared to DL.

But still, when I look at those pictures -- part of me wishes it was here.

Disney even named a play area in the park after me. It's my favorite out of all the attractions. LOL.
->Siren's Revenge<-

I guess the dull posts here can't take the contrast to flamboyant posts.

I go to DLR regularly (I live 30 minutes away). There is no comparison between DLR and WDW - DLR is a shadow of WDW. It's the "grass is always greener" syndrome that makes people on this board act slighted in this comparison. There are differences - ToT is way better at HS, but RSR blows TT away. Why do so many people come to MK if it is so "woefully light"? Oh, you mean for you it is. Well that's how you feel - I won't try to convince you otherwise.
Wow, JohnWD. I couldn't agree with you more. Well done.

Wow, this is very interesting given that you are so much closer to Disneyland.

Genius...

air-quotes.gif

(I kid, I kid)
Welcome back, englanddg.

Last edited:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Oh, you are definitely in the right place -- you can share anything you want about Frozen without the fear of being attacked and/or ridiculed.

Unfortunately, the Frozen Construction had to be locked because it had become so nasty, which is why I never posted in that thread.

Anyway, your observations were too funny. By this account, I'm going to gauge that the Frozen ride will be a huge success with the masses and a sort of love-hate relationship with the crowd you observed. They will love it but hate to admit that. LOL.

You don't say. Hey, is this even legal? I better bite my tongue.

A poster who attempted to access my profile page received an "error" message. So he asked other posters if I had gotten "the boot". So naturally, I started thinking about boots -- specifically, my favorite boots and just made light of the situation.

Those gorgeous Burberry Aviator boots are my all time favorite boots in the whole world. LOL.

No. Of course not, Merlin. Those Aviator boots are so old, around six years old to be exact. It's been over half a decade since they came out.

I got those boots for Christmas in 2010, which means they were released in Fall of 2010. I wasn't even a member here, yet. Heck, you weren't even a member here in 2010 -- that's how old those boots are. They're not for sale. Not to mention, I haven't worn them in almost three years. I just adore them for their design -- they don't make them quite like that anymore. All the other boots I mentioned are old boots, too.

People won't even discuss a car that is older than two or three years old, let alone a pair of six year old boots.

So no, Merlin I am not spamming boots that are over half a decade old.

Oh that's my signature style. Thanks for noticing, lol.

Antagonistic? No, of course not. It's totally okay to find exception with Frozen in Epcot.

Okay, that is totally wishful thinking, on my part. Plus, you've been unusually quiet for a while.

I will attempt to address your concerns

"short" - The length of the ride is the same or longer. I thought Disney added a bend in the track that also extended the length. Either way, not a problem, as it's what has been enjoyed for the past 20-30 years.

"obscenely low capacity" - Not a concern. I imagine it can't be any worse that TSMM or even Dumbo back in the day before Disney added the second one. Besides, the same golden rule still applies -- get a Fastpass -- otherwise, be prepared to arrive at the parks prior to rope drop and head straight to Norwat.

"leaving Norway's culture behind" - LOL. I am not going there with you. I know you that loved the trolls. And the Frozen ride will have trolls, too.

The Frozen 'Love Experts' are inspired by Norway's deep forest stone trolls.

9q8jlu.jpg

245xd2h.jpg

1sclf9.jpg

The Royal Summerhus is inspired by rural Norwegian architectural style.

I know you will always have a place in your heart for Maelstrom, so will i. But, you might find something you can appreciate or love even more in the new Norway pavilion.

Very well said. I agree with everything here, especially MK's Space Mountain compared to DL.

But still, when I look at those pictures -- part of me wishes it was here.

Disney even named a play area in the park after me. It's my favorite out of all the attractions. LOL.
->Siren's Revenge<-

Wow, JohnWD. I couldn't agree with you more. Well done.

Wow, this is very interesting given that you are so much closer to Disneyland.

Welcome back, englanddg.

Not even a denial this time. Guess TWDC is allowing its employees to be even more obvious online....

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
They also traveled to Iowa and Canada for inspiration for the movie, but Im sure that information does not fit your agenda or daily requirements of attempted online influence, so it was left out.

That is a LIE, but then again, most of your posts make absolutely no sense anyway. It was locked for off topic discussion continuing. You continue to label all people or comments against Frozen in Norway as "nasty" or "hateful". Surely TWDC can train their online covert agents to deflect negative press in a better fashion than constantly playing the martyr, (which continues to be your only round in the chamber).

Last edited:

Siren

Original Poster
Not even a denial this time. Guess TWDC is allowing its employees to be even more obvious online....
There is nothing to deny. But seriously though, this is so tired now. It's time to try something different like actually discuss the topic. I know, that takes some effort but surely, you can handle it.

Once *again*, Disney Imagineers traveled to Norway, *specifically* for the "Royal Summerhus." No one said anything about the Frozen movie. Threads go off topic all the time and they are not locked like that. I have never seen an "Official" information and construction get shut down like that.

Also, I will never label anyone *ever* -- people like what they like. It's as simple as that. Seriously, there is no right or wrong here.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
There is nothing to deny. But seriously though, this is so tired now. It's time to try something different like actually discuss the topic. I know, that takes some effort but surely, you can handle it.

Once *again*, Disney Imagineers traveled to Norway, *specifically* for the "Royal Summerhus." No one said anything about the Frozen movie. Threads go off topic all the time and they are not locked like that. I have never seen an "Official" information and construction get shut down like that.

Also, I will never label anyone *ever* -- people like what they like. It's as simple as that. Seriously, there is no right or wrong here.
More defelections. Not surprising you're received the extra hours you get. After all, managing to get the TWDC gospel out while bringing the likes of Burberry, dresses, and shoe fashion into various threads is a true art.

To some....

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member

I wont even waste the time to go back and copy and paste the numerous amount of posts in which you LABEL people, ideas, and concepts as nasty, hateful and the plethora of other adjectives you have vomited up.

You create imaginary problems and then pretend to have resolved them through deflection via tragically long and insane responses.

Cesar R M

I dont think you need to be an employee to be and act like an irrational fanboy.
I've seen such brand wars online that are silly. And noone of them are getting paid or getting freebies. Its just a mental issue.
Kinda reminds me of these fights between nerds of the AMD/ATI vs Nvidia camps during the height of the video card fights.

Also, I will never label anyone *ever*

Except when you already did? :hilarious::hilarious:
5U7B9QB.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom