Frozen at Disney's Hollywood Studios for the summer?

Animaniac93-98

Fireworks are actually really good and worth seeing. Outside of 50s Prime Time is a great place to see the pyro, but you can't really see the stage and not all of the Echo Lake BGM is turned off during the show (but it's mostly loud enough to still hear everything). I found it hard to find a place to get a good view of both.

ABQ

thanks for the scoop Steve. I'm sad I'll not see the fireworks once they finish, but the few things ceasing their run on the couple staying do keep the overall perceived Frozen overload down. What will be present come November, if I'm correct is the sing along, Wandering Oaken's, the meet and greet, a presence in the parade at the MK and Elsa freezing the castle. Am I wrong that it's those 5 things? Still more than any other IP has, but it's the hot item at the present. But to hear some folks, WDW is wall to wall Frozen. It's not my favourite film by far, but it's not really everywhere at all times either.

PrincessNelly_NJ

So that's why they closed the American Film Institute Showcase?!?

Wow.. that was the best part of the Backlot Tour... gone fore merch & a playground.
Good for Frozen fans.. but idu why they couldn't keep Wandering Oakens where it is now.

ABQ

More than Beauty and the Beast? Little Mermaid?
Yeah, my back of a napkin calculations, which could certainly be wrong, have Mermaid in 4 places; meet and greet, parade, ride in fantasy land and attraction at the studios. Beauty and the beast has the stage show, the meet and greet, enchanted tails, (or is that one in the same, not sure) and the restaurant. So it's not like Frozen has 2x anything else, but again, none of those other films just came out.
Again, I'm not making any case for more or less Frozen, just stating that to hear some on the forums, the moment you step on property, you're hit with a snowball.

YodaMan

Yeah, my back of a napkin calculations, which could certainly be wrong, have Mermaid in 4 places; meet and greet, parade, ride in fantasy land and attraction at the studios. Beauty and the beast has the stage show, the meet and greet, enchanted tails, (or is that one in the same, not sure) and the restaurant. So it's not like Frozen has 2x anything else, but again, none of those other films just came out.
Again, I'm not making any case for more or less Frozen, just stating that to hear some on the forums, the moment you step on property, you're hit with a snowball.

Once you factor in that BatB and TLM also have a presence in Fantasmic, Philarmagic, and BatB are in the FoF parade (plus probably more that I'm forgetting), Frozen truly isn't the largest presence. Not by a long shot.

ToTBellHop

They really should of kept the fireworks, outside of the Sing Along I felt this was definitely a keeper.
The probably figured "why bother?" The Osborne lights start little over a month after those fireworks end, at which point DHS is already very popular into the evening for two months. I wonder if they will feel the need to bring back some special fireworks in January to keep people around, though. I would think it very wise to have some sort of winter festival going on as it's one of the few times of year that doesn't have any special event going on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom