Frozen at Disney's Hollywood Studios for the summer?

dstrawn9889

Advertisement
umm no height requirement on GMR, backlot, LMA, Indy, Muppets, ...

asianway

If you don't think adding another attraction wouldn't also bring down the demand for TSMM by 15-20% as well, then I can't continue to argue.

It doesn't mean that those people don't WANT to ride TSMM, it only means it isn't their priority any more and people would now have choices and the crowds would be distributed amongst two attractions instead of one.

And your numbers would assume that everyone who comes through the turnstiles wants to ride TSMM. I'd bet probably 20% don't want to.
TSMM is a horrible ride IMO...but for people who like it it has a high re-ridability factor. A lot of that added capacity will go toward rerides

dstrawn9889

they are all 'attractions' and they all help to cycle butts through the park... without them, there would only be 5 'attractions' in the park. and there is no need to be biased... moving or non-moving you are still at WDW at an attraction

FrankLapidus

If anything is done in this park in addition to Star Wars it needs to be Pixar Place expansion. Preferably with rides with higher capacity than TSMM.
Pixar Place is just a ridiculous waste, has been since it opened and will continue to be so if Disney do replicate the one attraction it has rather than capitalise on the popularity of the other brilliant films in the Pixar library.

Mike S

they are all 'attractions' and they all help to cycle butts through the park... without them, there would only be 5 'attractions' in the park. and there is no need to be biased... moving or non-moving you are still at WDW at an attraction
Disney can use whatever terminology they want to lump everything together but a ride is still a ride and a show is still a show.

raymusiccity

Disney can use whatever terminology they want to lump everything together but a ride is still a ride and a show is still a show.
Just a brief interlude while we return to the original thread:

Any word if 'Frozen Fireworks' will be extended as well, or just the 'Frozen Sing Along' ?

We're also hoping that the 'Ice Men' musical group will be invited back as well.

Thanks !

mm522

Just a brief interlude while we return to the original thread:

Any word if 'Frozen Fireworks' will be extended as well, or just the 'Frozen Sing Along' ?

We're also hoping that the 'Ice Men' musical group will be invited back as well.

Thanks !
Can't comment on the other questions but the Ice Men are literally Mulch Sweat and Shears just in different costumes. So they'll still be around just in different costumes.

doctornick

Those are shows. What part of RIDE don't you understand?
Backlot Tour and GMR are rides and can be done by all ages, though I would agree with a general point that they may have limited appeal to younger folks.

That said, I'm with @RSoxNo1 -- putting an additional kid friendly/oriented ride isn't going to dent the demand for TSMM. You'd probably have to build 3 or 4 such rides before you have a marked reduction of demand for TSMM. The idea of "we have done enough, we don't need to wait for that" works fine when you are talking about having done a number of other rides in a day, not 1.

I'm fine with the idea of adding a track to TSMM, but I agree with the point that it should be done simultaneously with building other all ages rides.

RSoxNo1

Only Backlot Tour and Great Movie ride are considered rides only your list. The 2nd thing is posters are talking about rides, not shows in terms of family friendly attraction.
And I've been on trips where kids 48 inches tall don't want to go on Great Movie Ride because it's scary. Toy Story is a family friendly ride that can't be the only family friendly ride in the park.

Ignohippo

Rides and attractions both serve their purposes but are two completely different things.

You can have as many attractions as you want, but a theme park is generally measured by its rides.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Look, if you want to split hairs to that degree, you can go home and get your shinebox.

Because a six year old knows the difference between a ride and a show. Clearly you and management don't.

Top Bottom