Frozen at Disney's Hollywood Studios for the summer?

mm52200

Just a brief interlude while we return to the original thread:

Any word if 'Frozen Fireworks' will be extended as well, or just the 'Frozen Sing Along' ?

We're also hoping that the 'Ice Men' musical group will be invited back as well.

Thanks !
Can't comment on the other questions but the Ice Men are literally Mulch Sweat and Shears just in different costumes. So they'll still be around just in different costumes.

doctornick

Those are shows. What part of RIDE don't you understand?
Backlot Tour and GMR are rides and can be done by all ages, though I would agree with a general point that they may have limited appeal to younger folks.

That said, I'm with @RSoxNo1 -- putting an additional kid friendly/oriented ride isn't going to dent the demand for TSMM. You'd probably have to build 3 or 4 such rides before you have a marked reduction of demand for TSMM. The idea of "we have done enough, we don't need to wait for that" works fine when you are talking about having done a number of other rides in a day, not 1.

I'm fine with the idea of adding a track to TSMM, but I agree with the point that it should be done simultaneously with building other all ages rides.

RSoxNo1

Only Backlot Tour and Great Movie ride are considered rides only your list. The 2nd thing is posters are talking about rides, not shows in terms of family friendly attraction.
And I've been on trips where kids 48 inches tall don't want to go on Great Movie Ride because it's scary. Toy Story is a family friendly ride that can't be the only family friendly ride in the park.

Ignohippo

they are all 'attractions' and they all help to cycle butts through the park... without them, there would only be 5 'attractions' in the park. and there is no need to be biased... moving or non-moving you are still at WDW at an attraction

Rides and attractions both serve their purposes but are two completely different things.

You can have as many attractions as you want, but a theme park is generally measured by its rides.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
they are all 'attractions' and they all help to cycle butts through the park... without them, there would only be 5 'attractions' in the park. and there is no need to be biased... moving or non-moving you are still at WDW at an attraction

Look, if you want to split hairs to that degree, you can go home and get your shinebox.

Because a six year old knows the difference between a ride and a show. Clearly you and management don't.

FigmentsFangirl

Are the fireworks still going on for Frozen at HS? I'll be there on Monday night and I would love to see them.
From what I know, up until the 28th Sept, the fireworks still happen, but only on fri-sun nights weather permitting, if its rainy, then they still do them, but without the stageshow portion, as seen in @wdwmagic 's video link. Got no word of them extending the fireworks, but if they're making Wandering Oakens a perm location at the old AFI building, its possible they may keep the sing along and move it to the old AIE building, {I recall it has a much larger theater seating space}

ABQ

Are the fireworks still going on for Frozen at HS? I'll be there on Monday night and I would love to see them.
Though it's always subject to change, Disney's website schedule says not that evening.

Featuring an awe-inspiring display set to the glorious music of the movie, the Frozen Fireworks Spectacular may be experienced on the following dates: July 5 - August 22; August 24 - September 1; September 5 - 7; September 12 - 14; September 19 - 21; and September 26 - 28, 2014.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Did they announce a new extended date for the sing-along today?
Staggs said it and Oaken's (new location) would continue through the holidays. And he seemed to suggest that the sing-along is staying where it is, not moving to AIE.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom