Frozen at Disney's Hollywood Studios for the summer?

wannabeBelle

I actually saw the sing a long a few times during my trip and I thought it was adorable. The lines for this are really crazy, Definitely stop by the Streets of America and grab a ticket for a show during the day ( Makeshift fastpass?) I liked the band portion, the fireworks are pretty amazing and are drawing crowds for the Studios and the Oaken's Fun Spot is great as well. I can see this event being extended, as it is probably a LOT more popular than anyone thought it would be. Any word from the higher ups on this? Marie

wannabeBelle

Awesome Bungalow!!!! I could tell it was popular from the crowd levels while I was there, the second night rivaled the New Year's Eve crowds I had experienced in the past, it was NUTS!!! I am hoping they extend this offering as it seems to be incredibly popular and I thought so much of it was just adorable. I didnt see much of Olaf that everyone was complaining about on here but the shows were great, and I saw a great many guests enjoying the event. Here is the link to my pictures on the Kingdom Konsultant Travel Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!...7211026324903/737209836325022/?type=1&theater
Marie

natatomic

was told by 4 different Techs/Leaders today that the feedback they are getting is that the Frozen sing along has already jumped into the top 5 for most popular experiences currently at WDW.

again, I don't know where this info is coming from..if it's the Research people that are in the park asking questions, if it's based on ride/experience reviews on websites, or where this info can be found.

All of them said the current Top 3 entertainment experiences garnering the best feedback scores are Wishes, FOLK, and Frozen Sing Along

Listen, I love Disney, but this news disappoints me soooo much if it's true. I cannot state it enough - you watched a shortened version of the movie and sang along to that. Not along with the character actors. That's it. And two contrived characters no one has ever heard of summed up the non-singing parts of the (essentially fast-forwarded) movie. I can seriously do this exact same thing from the comfort of my own house:

Party at my place now! Everyone come over for a Frozen sing-a-long! I'm gonna rent a smoke machine, and then I'm gonna pop in the DVD, fast-forward through all the boring talk-y parts (don't worry, I'll just act it out with my amazeballs acting skills), and then I'm going to let you all sing along (out loud! because I'm just so nice!) to the song parts. You'll love it! The party is free, but I'm charging you $100 to enter my house and $15 to park in my driveway.

Good Lord, if this is what people rant and rave about and spend thousands of dollars to come see, we're never gonna get decent attractions again. Why would Disney spend all that money on E-ticket attractions after this when all they have to do is turn on a TV screen and plop people in front of it for 30 minutes to make a profit?

Last edited:

asianway

Listen, I love Disney, but this news disappoints me soooo much if it's true. I cannot state it enough - you watched a shortened version of the movie and sang along to that. Not along with the character actors. That's it. And two contrived characters no one has ever heard of summed up the non-singing parts of the (essentially fast-forwarded) movie. I can seriously do this exact same thing from the comfort of my own house:
Party at my place now! Everyone come over for a Frozen sing-a-long! I'm gonna rent a smoke machine, and then I'm gonna pop in the DVD, fast-forward through all the boring talk-y parts (don't worry, I'll just act it out with my amazeballs acting skills), and then I'm going to let you all sing along (out loud! because I'm just so nice!) to the song parts. You'll love it! The party is free, but I'm charging you $100 to enter my house and $15 to park in my driveway.

Good Lord, if this is what people rant and rave about and spend thousands of dollars to come see, we're never gonna get decent attractions again. Why would Disney spend all that money on E-ticket attractions ever again when all they have to do is turn on a TV screen and plop people in front of it for 30 minutes to make a profit?
The "random" sample of those surveyed were families with toddlers wearing Elsa dresses

seascape

The "random" sample of those surveyed were families with toddlers wearing Elsa dresses
Lol. I doubt it. If Disney actually surveyed their guests and that is the result I'm a bit disappointed but would trust their ability to survey correctly. They didn't grow and become so successful not listening to their customers.

natatomic

Lol. I doubt it. If Disney actually surveyed their guests and that is the result I'm a bit disappointed but would trust their ability to survey correctly. They didn't grow and become so successful not listening to their customers.
I dunno. They once had a survey team outside of Everest a few years back, and they showed us the results - 100% positive feedback. Of the pages and pages of comments they posted for us to read, there wasn't a single comment about the yeti. So either 1) they were told to get feedback from only the smiling guests as they exited, 2) they only SHOWED us the positive feedback, or 3) 100% of all guests are satisfied with disco yeti.

Hula Popper

Good Lord, if this is what people rant and rave about and spend thousands of dollars to come see, we're never gonna get decent attractions again. Why would Disney spend all that money on E-ticket attractions ever again when all they have to do is turn on a TV screen and plop people in front of it for 30 minutes to make a profit?

Why do people get so bent out of shape over what little kids fall in love with?

erstwo

Question: the WDWMagic video of the fireworks from *inside* the park seems very smoky. Is it like that every night (so much smoke you can't see all the fireworks) or was it just due to weather/ cloud cover/ lack of wind that night?

cw1982

Question: the WDWMagic video of the fireworks from *inside* the park seems very smoky. Is it like that every night (so much smoke you can't see all the fireworks) or was it just due to weather/ cloud cover/ lack of wind that night?

I think the weather was bad that night.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster

No, it's not. It had rained that day and there was an excessive amount of humidity with no wind.

January is prime fireworks viewing as a low humidity day in the mid 60s at Showtime with a steady breeze makes for a phenomenal show.

Lexie

While I understand this event may not be for everyone as a mom as a two year old (who will likely be decked out in her elsa dress! Lol) I am really excited... I have been to Disney nearly every year for the last 25 years and the chance to see this through my daughters eyes is the most excited I have been about something new at Disney in a while... Maybe not the most "sophisticated" event and certainly not for everyone but for our family will definitely be "magical"!!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member

Good Lord, if this is what people rant and rave about and spend thousands of dollars to come see, we're never gonna get decent attractions again. Why would Disney spend all that money on E-ticket attractions after this when all they have to do is turn on a TV screen and plop people in front of it for 30 minutes to make a profit?
Its kind of a double edged sword. Families will check it out just because it is there and there is a lack of attractions in HS to keep you there all day. Since most people will check it out, Disney will consider it a hit due to the high number of visitors. I dont blame the parents for wanting the kids to experience it but the least they could do is mention how Disney could/should do something better with this IP when surveyed, but then again, the "surveys" dont exactly give you an option to say that.

Figaro928

While I understand this event may not be for everyone as a mom as a two year old (who will likely be decked out in her elsa dress! Lol) I am really excited... I have been to Disney nearly every year for the last 25 years and the chance to see this through my daughters eyes is the most excited I have been about something new at Disney in a while... Maybe not the most "sophisticated" event and certainly not for everyone but for our family will definitely be "magical"!!
And THAT is the entire point of Disney!! - feeling the magic no matter how simple or sophisticated!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom