Frozen at Disney's Hollywood Studios for the summer?

jrh1985

My thoughts on the past 27 hours: DHS Rocked it yesterday! It's so nice to see Pyro go off every summer night! Something that hasn't been done since F! opened! The royal welcome and sing along stage show were better than expected!

The only disappointment I have is that fireworks canceled thread!!!! If that was truly an act done by NBC/UO, that is unprofessional and low by NBC!!!! And, I just lost a little respect for UO, just when I'm starting to get interested in UO!
I have no ill will for NBC/UO if they didn't create that thread last night. Disney should cancel before a thread gets made in my mind.

It will be interesting to see where we are by August 15th, could Frozen Summer become Frozen Permanent???? I wouldn't complain!!!!

asianway

My thoughts on the past 27 hours: DHS Rocked it yesterday! It's so nice to see Pyro go off every summer night! Something that hasn't been done since F! opened! The royal welcome and sing along stage show were better than expected!

The only disappointment I have is that fireworks canceled thread!!!! If that was truly an act done by NBC/UO, that is unprofessional and low by NBC!!!! And, I just lost a little respect for UO, just when I'm starting to get interested in UO!
I have no ill will for NBC/UO if they didn't create that thread last night. Disney should cancel before a thread gets made in my mind.

It will be interesting to see where we are by August 15th, could Frozen Summer become Frozen Permanent???? I wouldn't complain!!!!
I'm not sure what posting the bogus thread really could have accomplished. There can't be many people in park getting news from the magic boards a half hour before show time

lazyboy97o

Where did this idea come from?

KingdomofDreams

You're kidding... right?! LMAO What have you been smoking? If you think NBC/UO gives a rat's behind about this little Frozen extravaganza, you really need to get a clue.

crispy

I would actually argue that this is quite the opposite of 'abusing' the customers with 'subpar' work. Is it a fully developed 'land' with multiple attractions, no? For a summer set of bonus attractions (which are not an additional ticket - unless you want the premium like we did) for a film that was released just half a year ago, it is quite above 'subpar.' Premium attractions require at least a couple years of planning, development, and building (see FLE or Hogsmeade/Hogwarts Express). This is a set of temporary summer attractions to tie-in with the latest major movie release. I would, in fact, love to see more of this. In the 90s, this was the norm - a new film came out and new temporary attractions came with it - either in the soundstages or animation tour or with parades, we would get a promo attraction.

To get a procession (aka, small parade), an activity area (not a lot, but more timely to the kids than Honey, I Shrunk...), a small show (can't do a big show and steal the thunder of the coming Broadway show), and a special fireworks show all for one film is quite a bit.

Rather than protest, I say "Thanks for all these nice summer additions, can't wait to see what can get put together with time and planning in the coming years!" Now, if this sticks around for a a couple years without improvement or announcement of permanent replacement, then I would cry 'subpar' and 'abuse' just as loud as anyone.

Thanks for sharing your photos. I agree that you have to take this for what it is - a summer set of bonus attractions. It looks really nice for that, and I have two little girls who would be nuts about it.

cw1982

Why would you complain about someone complaining about a post that was clearly intended to disappoint someone who wanted to see the fireworks. The OP is who should be attacked but I am not surprised that only Disney fans complain while universal lovers and defenders don't.

I'm not complaining at all, but rather pointing out the flaws in the logic of the post I quoted. The OP definitely underwent quite a bit of scrutiny in that thread if I recall correctly, and rightly so, but there's no need to continue that discussion across other threads when that issue was limited to one post.

Sorry if you don't like what I said, but I'm not on either side in the Disney/Uni debate. I have no bias here and state my views as I see them.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Why would you complain about someone complaining about a post that was clearly intended to disappoint someone who wanted to see the fireworks. The OP is who should be attacked but I am not surprised that only Disney fans complain while universal lovers and defenders don't.
Your statements do nothing to quell the exact comments and people you claim to be against.

It's called flaming. And you can be banned for it.

cw1982

I was at Hollywood Studios yesterday and there was at least one announcement that the dance party was cancelled due to weather.

It wouldn't be unreasonable for someone to have heard that and thought it was for the fireworks.

Just my opinion on it.

Right. You're supporting my point exactly. The OP said some very questionable things on other threads that made them less credible, but we still don't have solid evidence that this person works for a Disney competitor, which makes judging uni for that thread illogical.

FrankLapidus

I think it was posted by a fan of universal and a Disney hater. There are many of them on this site. It has to be they are upset that Frozen is out drawing HP2. It's a shame that some people think of this as a fight between the two companies and not just accept the fact that they two larks are different and they can coexist and do better together than either one would do alone.

Yawn.

Not only is this untrue, it has also become extremely boring.

seascape

We were supposed to see the fireworks but after reading the announcement we went to DTD instead. My children we heart broken.
This is what I mean.. The moderator of this site should take action against whoever the OP was and let anyone who left and missed the show know who was responsible. The OP should be made known to both Disney and Universal and permanently excluded from both parks. There is no excuse for what he or she did. I would never say any employee of a company would do that but he or she should pay a price.

KingdomofDreams

I think it was posted by a fan of universal and a Disney hater. There are many of them on this site. It has to be they are upset that Frozen is out drawing HP2. It's a shame that some people think of this as a fight between the two companies and not just accept the fact that they two larks are different and they can coexist and do better together than either one would do alone.

What I think is that it was posted either by someone who mistakenly thought the fireworks had been cancelled or a bored 12 yr old on summer break.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
This is what I mean.. The moderator of this site should take action against whoever the OP was and let anyone who left and missed the show know who was responsible. The OP should be made known to both Disney and Universal and permanently excluded from both parks. There is no excuse for what he or she did. I would never say any employee of a company would do that but he or she should pay a price.
Wow..., you are the judge , jury, and executioner, huh? Do you have any proof of the intentions before you go banning people from the internet and theme parks? Quite a knee-jerk reaction. Iger did that once and look what happened...

cw1982

So because someone posts an inaccuracy on a public forum, possibly by mistake (we don't know for sure), they should be banned from WDW and uni for life?

Personally, I think people who enjoy attacking others should be banned from the forums. You seem to enjoy attacking people, since you even suggested the OP should be attacked (your words not mine). Maybe the mods should be keeping an eye on you so they can ban you the first time you say something that's not 100% accurate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom