Frozen at Disney's Hollywood Studios for the summer?

ptaylor

Premium Member
Um, you're in Hollywood STUDIOS on a SOUNDSTAGE. Isn't something put together quickly kind of the point?
No I don't think that is the point. If you look at real movie sets in a soundstage they are extremely detailed - this is not the case here. It basically looks like a rink in a warehouse with some Christmas Trees.

KingdomofDreams

yeah the park has become a dumping ground for whatever they can muster together and tackify. it really is sad, I hope someday it gets its act together, but I guess that wont happen as long they cater to the bloggers, soccermoms, and preschool set.

It is sad. I totally get that Frozen is a hit with the youngest demographic right now, so to capitalize on that is just good business, but do it in such a way that it doesn't take over an entire park. I don't want to see "Frozen" everywhere I look. Put the entertainment and activities in a specific area and let the kids enjoy it, but leave it there so that guests who go to WDW to enjoy the theming and entertainment at each park can still do so.

JohnD

No I don't think that is the point. If you look at real movie sets in a soundstage they are extremely detailed - this is not the case here. It basically looks like a rink in a warehouse with some Christmas Trees.

So why doesn't streets of America have real skyscrapers? It just looks like a cityscape on cardboard. I think you're expecting too much for an overlay. It looks like a rink in a warehouse with Frozen elements thrown in because that is what it is.

Travel Junkie

Well considering you're only viewing this stuff online… That's your problem.

If you're expecting Disney to pull together a diagon alley type presentation for shows in two weeks? You are thoroughly, thoroughly out of your bloody mind.

Remember this is aimed at 10-year-olds. We have the kids sing-along. We have a parade. We have ice-skating and snowball fights and hot chocolate. We have fireworks.

What exactly are you expecting? Anna & Elsa to give you a lap dance?

My only complaint is that they have too many doors open allowing the air conditioning to escape and building heat up. That affects the quality of the ice.

You can’t use the, this came together in 2 weeks so Disney gets a pass excuse. Disney is a premium product and their customers quite frankly should demand as such. The quality level of this event is similar to the small town Independence Day festivities I was at. I expect more from Disney.

JohnD

"Elsa and Anna are busy traveling betweens kingdoms today. You could meet them at the Magic Kingdom. Please visit our many other offerings such as ice skating, sing a long show and fireworks."

Or translated for truth:

"We never really planned very well for anything Frozen. We originally planned to put Elsa and Anna only for a couple months inside the Puffin's Roost. The huge demand was something that totally caught us off guard. We didn't think we'd ever see the day that grown men were running through Epcot to gain a position in the 11am set. We didn't know what to do. Seeing our guests waiting 4 hours in line to meet characters has never happened before and was totally unprecedented. We were clueless. Flash forward to today and we now know how Frozen has taken a life of its own. We should've had Olaf and Kristoff from the start. It took our Parks chairman laying down the law to make this event happen. We should have planned better and had more characters out. This will probably end up on wdwmagic.com but most of us in Guest Relations have our hands tied. The soccer moms come in and request Kristoff and Olaf but there's nothing we can do. If management would have planned better this would have never happened and the entire Frozen unit would be in daily ops. We are sorry and wish there was something we could do. Oh, and one more thing- Asianway speaks truth. Have a magical day and don't forget to book your fast passes via your magicband."

Turn it around. They intricately plan for Frozen spending $$$ with the most grandiose sets and M&Gs everywhere then it flops. It would be derided on this forum as a boondoggle bigger than FP+. I give them credit for seeing how the movie does then introducing elements about it in the parks.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
You can’t use the, this came together in 2 weeks so Disney gets a pass excuse. Disney is a premium product and their customers quite frankly should demand as such. The quality level of this event is similar to the small town Independence Day festivities I was at. I expect more from Disney.

For the level of what it is : A sing along show, a processional and ice skating rink..... I sure can. Thats what I expected. Its a B/C ticket - if that.

Its better than "Show your Summer Side".....

Flip side: 10 years of neglect at the studios and anything looks good by comparison.

asianway

Can someone who was there confirm that the cast was actually singing at the singalong or was it all recorded like the singalong version of the movie?

drew81

Turn it around. They intricately plan for Frozen spending $$$ with the most grandiose sets and M&Gs everywhere then it flops. It would be derided on this forum as a boondoggle bigger than FP+. I give them credit for seeing how the movie does then introducing elements about it in the parks.
Well yes, but even movies like Atlantis got 4 characters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom