Frozen at Disney's Hollywood Studios for the summer?

Cmdr_Crimson

After watching the Parade I do have to say...In some ways..This worked! And it's not Pixar based..While not a big parade, it reminded me of the older parades the Studio had for Aladdin, Hercules, & Mulan...

Now I do wonder how Guest Relations is dealing with guests complaining why they aren't doing M&G's with them there...

Last edited by a moderator:

bethymouse

I don't know how I feel about all of this! I do like Frozen, but it is so hyped up! Sadly, I wanted the FROZEN snow globe at Christmas, and it was sold out. Disney store never brought it back for sale. Why? I don't know!:confused: To have a parade just for FROZEN? Boy- that was quick. No wonder why they had to hire more CMs. Well, hopefully Disney is in the works for some sort of bigger FROZEN attraction and/or ride!:rolleyes:

71jason

Kind of embarrassing that Universal is opening Diagon Alley (soon) and Disney is "opening" a "thrown together" Frozen event that looks like it belongs in Six Flags.

Can't compare this to Diagon. A more fair comparison would be Mardi Gras or (with the Winter theme) Grinchmas.

natatomic

Well considering you're only viewing this stuff online… That's your problem.

If you're expecting Disney to pull together a diagon alley type presentation for shows in two weeks? You are thoroughly, thoroughly out of your bloody mind.

Remember this is aimed at 10-year-olds. We have the kids sing-along. We have a parade. We have ice-skating and snowball fights and hot chocolate. We have fireworks.

What exactly are you expecting? Anna & Elsa to give you a lap dance?

My only complaint is that they have too many doors open allowing the air conditioning to escape and building heat up. That affects the quality of the ice.

I don't think anyone is expecting a Diagon Alley type thing in two weeks. BUT - Disney saw how wildly successful Harry Potter World was four (right? four?) years ago, and there was plenty of warning that Diagon Alley was coming. (Heck, there's even phase 3 and 4 for HPW in the works.) I would have expected Disney to have something equally as amazing (if not more amazing) with which to answer back, especially since Disney has always been the one to set the standard, not follow it (or lag years behind it, I'm looking at you Avatarland). Granted, I don't get paid the big bucks to make those kind of decisions. It's very easy to say all this from the comfort of my couch. :)

That being said, this Frozen thing seems to be horribly slapdash and contrived to make a quick buck. Obviously Disney was shocked at the overwhelming success of Frozen (I'm sure they knew it would be big, but THIS big?), but now they know all they have to do is stick a picture of Olaf or a Princess on (insert your merchandise item of choice here), sell it for $49.99, and BAM - profit. Quality and innovation be damned.

drew81

After watching the Parade I do have to say...In some ways..This worked! And it's not Pixar based..While not a big parade, it reminded me of the older parades the Studio had for Aladdin, Hercules, & Mulan...

Now I do wonder how Guest Relations is dealing with guests complaining why they aren't doing M&G's with them there...

"Elsa and Anna are busy traveling betweens kingdoms today. You could meet them at the Magic Kingdom. Please visit our many other offerings such as ice skating, sing a long show and fireworks."

Or translated for truth:

"We never really planned very well for anything Frozen. We originally planned to put Elsa and Anna only for a couple months inside the Puffin's Roost. The huge demand was something that totally caught us off guard. We didn't think we'd ever see the day that grown men were running through Epcot to gain a position in the 11am set. We didn't know what to do. Seeing our guests waiting 4 hours in line to meet characters has never happened before and was totally unprecedented. We were clueless. Flash forward to today and we now know how Frozen has taken a life of its own. We should've had Olaf and Kristoff from the start. It took our Parks chairman laying down the law to make this event happen. We should have planned better and had more characters out. This will probably end up on wdwmagic.com but most of us in Guest Relations have our hands tied. The soccer moms come in and request Kristoff and Olaf but there's nothing we can do. If management would have planned better this would have never happened and the entire Frozen unit would be in daily ops. We are sorry and wish there was something we could do. Oh, and one more thing- Asianway speaks truth. Have a magical day and don't forget to book your fast passes via your magicband."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom