Frozen at Disney's Hollywood Studios for the summer?

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
I feel rather the opposite - I think for something with a 2 month installation looks great.

Contrast this with what they do for SWW and it's night and day - and they've been doing SWW for YEARS.

We spoke extensively with one of the contractors on the job for Soundstage One (runs the company that puts in all the temporary merch locations) and he said they actually only had 10 days from design to build to completion. For 10 days, it looks pretty impressive, I think!

Nice video - the fact that my head is center of frame for the entire procession part makes it particularly enjoyable for me!

$19.95 on sale next week. No special features that I know of.
They had the bands on display in the shop. We didn't go through the main line, so not sure if they were selling them from behind the counter, but there were bands there.

KingdomofDreams

What time is this parade/processional every day? Need to try to avoid this. I understand the kids.. primarily little girls... are all obsessed with this movie right now, but I hate to see it take over the whole park. Can't we corral them all somewhere? Lol ...

Can't help but dream of the day when the hat and stage will be gone from HS. Or at least from their current location. Can't they move both (along with the dance parties) to the SOA area so at least it doesn't spoil the ambience of the park for others?

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
What time is this parade/processional every day? Need to try to avoid this. I understand the kids.. primarily little girls... are all obsessed with this movie right now, but I hate to see it take over the whole park. Can't we corral them all somewhere? Lol ...

Can't help but dream of the day when the hat and stage will be gone from HS. Or at least from their current location. Can't they move both (along with the dance parties) to the SOA area so at least it doesn't spoil the ambience of the park for others?

11am.

Once you get inside Darth's mall.... I mean soundstage one... It looks fantastic.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
@wdwmagic - please move as needed

We were in DHS this morning for the opening of the Frozen activities. Here are some pictures from the activities and events going on around the park before noon. I apologize for the heads and other things in the shots - I don't have the best editing capabilities here in my room at OKW and for the parade I was pretty much standing in the camera well with the CMs taping the show (thus tripods aplenty in my shots).

There was a welcome ceremony at park opening (both 8am for EMH and 9am for regular) with a host and Olaf.

Oaken's Trading Post had two separate weaves - one for the shop and one for the play area (ice rink and snow pile). By 8:30am, the one for the shop appeared to have a good 30 minute wait (if not more).

CMs were doing all they could to keep things in stock (according to some of the folks we talked to, many of the items just arrived last night).

The lines were....exceptional. Many people were purchasing 5 of each item (which likely means a flood on Ebay coming soon). Sorry for the blur - shooting while walking!

There were quite a few Frozen styled treats available for purchase.
(our Olaf made a cameo here)

And it appears that Oaken's family is trapped inside the CM only door behind one of the registers!

The activity area opened up right at 9am and had a significant line as well, although the entire weave got in within about 15 minutes.

There were a number of 'Aurasma' photo spots which feature an app that will add in characters to your still shots, a snack bar area, and the ice rink and snow play area.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
We purchased the 'premium' package to guarantee seats for everything (and desserts and drinks for later), so all the pre-parade, parade, and stage 'show' shots are from there. If you haven't watched the video yet, there is the procession and then a brief welcome of Anna and Elsa (all with Olaf commentary), followed by a short sing along to part of Let It Go. Pictures below are in sequence.
Pre-show

If you use #olafsummervacation, they are sharing those pictures pre-processional and also pre-fireworks tonight.

Procession

(I think this float will eventually have Olaf on it)

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Just got a report from a friend in DHS that the wait for the GIFT SHOP side of Oaken's Trading Post is at about 2 hours as of 2pm and the sand sculpture Olaf is about half done. We will be back in park shortly and get more pics.

Richie248

Total underwhelmed by what I've seen thus far, my opinion is solely based on what I've seen online, maybe it's better in person? Kind of embarrassing that Universal is opening Diagon Alley (soon) and Disney is "opening" a "thrown together" Frozen event that looks like it belongs in Six Flags. I know this was purely a financial decision but it just seems lowbrow. I like the idea, I just wish they took more time to put it together. On the flip-side, at least all those x-mas decorations are getting a home for the summer.

twebber55

Total underwhelmed by what I've seen thus far, my opinion is solely based on what I've seen online, maybe it's better in person? Kind of embarrassing that Universal is opening Diagon Alley (soon) and Disney is "opening" a "thrown together" Frozen event that looks like it belongs in Six Flags. I know this was purely a financial decision but it just seems lowbrow. I like the idea, I just wish they took more time to put it together. On the flip-side, at least all those x-mas decorations are getting a home for the summer.
yet the place is packed

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom