Frozen at Disney's Hollywood Studios for the summer?

Richie248

Anyone know if they are selling the Ana and Elsa dresses? They should have created a Frozen themed Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique as well.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Total underwhelmed by what I've seen thus far, my opinion is solely based on what I've seen online, maybe it's better in person? Kind of embarrassing that Universal is opening Diagon Alley (soon) and Disney is "opening" a "thrown together" Frozen event that looks like it belongs in Six Flags. I know this was purely a financial decision but it just seems lowbrow. I like the idea, I just wish they took more time to put it together. On the flip-side, at least all those x-mas decorations are getting a home for the summer.

Well considering you're only viewing this stuff online… That's your problem.

If you're expecting Disney to pull together a diagon alley type presentation for shows in two weeks? You are thoroughly, thoroughly out of your bloody mind.

Remember this is aimed at 10-year-olds. We have the kids sing-along. We have a parade. We have ice-skating and snowball fights and hot chocolate. We have fireworks.

What exactly are you expecting? Anna & Elsa to give you a lap dance?

My only complaint is that they have too many doors open allowing the air conditioning to escape and building heat up. That affects the quality of the ice.

drew81

What's the over/under on Guest Relations requests or complaints on Kristoff or Olaf meet and greets not being available? I am saying 35 comments/complaints will be made.

Mike S

Just got a report from a friend in DHS that the wait for the GIFT SHOP side of Oaken's Trading Post is at about 2 hours as of 2pm and the sand sculpture Olaf is about half done. We will be back in park shortly and get more pics.
Just proves that Frozen needs something bigger than just an overlay. If they go all out on a whole land it could certainly please the crowds it would attract. Merch sales would be through the roof as well which would make TDO lots of money which we all know would make them very happy. How they don't realize this is nothing short of mind boggling.

Richie248

Well considering you're only viewing this stuff online… That's your problem.

If you're expecting Disney to pull together a diagon alley type presentation for shows in two weeks? You are thoroughly, thoroughly out of your bloody mind.

Remember this is aimed at 10-year-olds. We have the kids sing-along. We have a parade. We have ice-skating and snowball fights and hot chocolate. We have fireworks.

What exactly are you expecting? Anna & Elsa to give you a lap dance?

My only complaint is that they have too many doors open allowing the air conditioning to escape and building heat up. That affects the quality of the ice.

Maybe they should have taken 4 weeks instead of 2, just my own observation. Didn't say I was expecting Diagon Alley. A lap dance would be nice. Maybe after the fireworks.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Just proves that Frozen needs something bigger than just an overlay. If they go all out on a whole land it could certainly please the crowds it would attract. Merch sales would be through the roof as well which would make TDO lots of money which we all know would make them very happy. How they don't realize this is nothing short of mind boggling.

I'm not sure I agree. A whole land based on any single entity seems to me to not be the best thinking (I only hope that Avatar-land is more than just rides based on the film). If Frozen does become a franchise (another thing that worries me to no end), then perhaps. Little Mermaid was similarly HUGE with kids about 30 years ago - everyone was performing Under the Sea, it spawned 2 sequels (granted, direct-to-video), and doesn't really get much of a wait at the two attractions it has. When you are considering spending millions on attractions (or lands), you have to be looking more than a few years into the future. I don't think the bosses are quite ready to bet the bank on a single film at this point (and I wouldn't be either).

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Maybe they should have taken 4 weeks instead of 2, just my own observation. Didn't say I was expecting Diagon Alley. A lap dance would be nice. Maybe after the fireworks.

There is always the pink pony near you…

You have to realize this came from the top. They had no choice in the matter of when this was going to launch. There were no meetings, there were no plans, there was simply "let's make this happen right now because I said so"

Bolt

I feel like you're looking at this wrong - this isn't an answer to Diagon Alley. You have to look at this like any Disney festival. The park gets overlays/additional offerings and it's the same price as park admission.

Food and Wine - kiosks, bands, seminars
Flower and Garden - kiosks, topiaries, seminars
Star Wars Weekends - characters, motorcade, shows, celebs, fireworks
Frozen Fun - motorcade, shows, fireworks, ice skating rink/funland

twebber55

I agree
where would they put frozen the land?

tl77

All the sweet treats and merch remind me of what's at Big Top Souvenirs at Story Book Circus, I think if they were to do a proper Frozen area it should go where the Storybook tents. That's such a great location next to the Fantasyland train station that's kind of wasted on those tents

Sped2424

All the sweet treats and merch remind me of what's at Big Top Souvenirs at Story Book Circus, I think if they were to do a proper Frozen area it should go where the Storybook tents. That's such a great location next to the Fantasyland train station that's kind of wasted on those tents
frozen next to a circus? I say leave storybook circus as it is, an isolated little area. In fact a dumbo dark ride or pinocchio dark ride should be added to that area. For pinnochio it could look like pleasure island.

Nubs70

I think it's going to be somewhere around insanely popular… Capacity could be an issue.

Not trying to start a rumor, but I would like to see this last until Christmas. Incorporate it into the limited holiday offerings that the studios have.
Just imagine all the ladies (that should be wearing yoga pants) standing around in an ice rink. Could be a new people watching spot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom