Frozen at Disney's Hollywood Studios for the summer?

Grumpy4196

Not sure why they didn't just go ahead and move the M&G to DHS until Frozen Summer is over. It would help ease the Magic Kingdom Summer crowd as well as help with the much needed boost at DHS. I guess it just makes too much sense for Disney.;)

aladdin2007

its things like this I think are tacky, was this thing necessary?? the awful stage set up is bad enough but we knew that was coming.
Frozen-Summer-Fun---Live-at-Disneys-Hollywood-Studios_Full_21436.jpg;width=638

asianway

"Elsa and Anna are busy traveling betweens kingdoms today. You could meet them at the Magic Kingdom. Please visit our many other offerings such as ice skating, sing a long show and fireworks."

Or translated for truth:

"We never really planned very well for anything Frozen. We originally planned to put Elsa and Anna only for a couple months inside the Puffin's Roost. The huge demand was something that totally caught us off guard. We didn't think we'd ever see the day that grown men were running through Epcot to gain a position in the 11am set. We didn't know what to do. Seeing our guests waiting 4 hours in line to meet characters has never happened before and was totally unprecedented. We were clueless. Flash forward to today and we now know how Frozen has taken a life of its own. We should've had Olaf and Kristoff from the start. It took our Parks chairman laying down the law to make this event happen. We should have planned better and had more characters out. This will probably end up on wdwmagic.com but most of us in Guest Relations have our hands tied. The soccer moms come in and request Kristoff and Olaf but there's nothing we can do. If management would have planned better this would have never happened and the entire Frozen unit would be in daily ops. We are sorry and wish there was something we could do. Oh, and one more thing- Asianway speaks truth. Have a magical day and don't forget to book your fast passes via your magicband."
Putting an Olaf autograph on the back of the tacky flat Stanley POS would certainly make 90% of the snowflake brigade think there's a meet able Olaf.

Magenta Panther

Just proves that Frozen needs something bigger than just an overlay. If they go all out on a whole land it could certainly please the crowds it would attract. Merch sales would be through the roof as well which would make TDO lots of money which we all know would make them very happy. How they don't realize this is nothing short of mind boggling.

Truly, Frozen IS. THE. POTTER. SWATTER. (If anything is).

And while the current fan craziness will subside, Frozen will REMAIN popular. Disney princesses always are. If Iger had any damn sense for anything but the dollar, he'd cancel Pandora and put those resources and more into a Frozen land.

FOR GOD'S SAKE, TDO, WILL YOU WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COCOA?!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

And while the current fan craziness will subside, Frozen will REMAIN popular. Disney princesses always are. If Iger had any damn sense for anything but the dollar, he'd cancel Pandora and put those resources and more into a Frozen land.

Oh Dear. I'm not excited about Pandora, I for the life of me can't figure out how thematically Frozen Princesses would fit into Animal Kingdom.

Can I vote NO to both Frozen and Pandora? If only my vote for my measly shares of Disney Stock meant diddly.

Sped2424

clearly frozen has enough popularity and draw that perhaps seeing how packed this event is TDO will say HEY maybe there really isn't enough room in epcot for the type of crowds frozen would see.

Captain Chaos

clearly frozen has enough popularity and draw that perhaps seeing how packed this event is TDO will say HEY maybe there really isn't enough room in epcot for the type of crowds frozen would see.
No, TDO will see they can toss some cheap garbage together and people still flock so they would have no incentive to do something, you know, on a grander scale... I actually hear Frozen's new theme park area is going to just be a table with some coloring books for the 10 and younger set to enjoy.. Oh, and some adults who are, well, special... it will be a tier 1 FP+ option... Attraction will be called: COLOR YOUR FROZEN FRIENDS...

tl77

frozen next to a circus? I say leave storybook circus as it is, an isolated little area. In fact a dumbo dark ride or pinocchio dark ride should be added to that area. For pinnochio it could look like pleasure island.

Well? The circus area was almost Pixie Hollow, and any dark ride would be better than what they've got now, but I think if they are going to give Frozen a permanent home in WDW, Magic Kingdom's Fantasyland is the most appropriate place for the magic oriented, fairy tale movies

Mike S

image.jpg

Sped2424

Well? The circus area was almost Pixie Hollow, and any dark ride would be better than what they've got now, but I think if they are going to give Frozen a permanent home in WDW, Magic Kingdom's Fantasyland is the most appropriate place for the magic oriented, fairy tale movies
Of course fantasyland is best suited, but to have arendell right next to a circus with no thematic break just doesn't work. Not to mention dumbo and the goofini coaster create enough clutter in that small land already, no need to throw frozen in there and make an even bigger clot. I say put em in dhs and either expand animation courtyard or get rid of it completely.

JohnD

The inside of Soundstage 1 really isn't very impressive. It looks temporary and put together quickly - which of course it is.

Kids who can get in there will like it I'm sure.

There are safety patrols on the ice and medics on standby.

Crowd flow through there is horrendous.

It is surprisingly hot inside.

Um, you're in Hollywood STUDIOS on a SOUNDSTAGE. Isn't something put together quickly kind of the point?

doctornick

frozen next to a circus? I say leave storybook circus as it is, an isolated little area. In fact a dumbo dark ride or pinocchio dark ride should be added to that area. For pinnochio it could look like pleasure island.

Agreed. The circus is actually well themed and developed. I know people don't like the Circus theme as a choice for an area, but it does a good job of working. The problem IMHO is that it is light on attractions (like all of the FLE unfortunately) -- in the space where the M&G is and the yellow tent (for FP), they could have easily fit in a dark ride like Pinocchio or dusted off the Mickey's Madhouse idea; hello, could probably put in a dark ride and still had a M&G there. That would have really rounded out the circus area as a more complete themed land (I'd also personally just have "Storybook Circus" be it's own land and not a subland of Fantasyland, but that's a different issue.

If they want to put in Frozen in MK/FL, there's plenty of room to do it north of the current land, still inside the railroad berm.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom