Frozen at Disney's Hollywood Studios for the summer?

RayTheFirefly

If I read that right, we don't know the price yet. The price quoted in that article was for the Star Wars bands... and from what I heard those did not sell out, so maybe the prices will come down.... or maybe not, since Disney probably expects anything Frozen to never sit on the shelves for more than five minutes.

I seriously doubt the price will come down. But I guess with something that has fans as rabid as Frozen does, gotta capitalize on it as much as possible...

Mike S

If the bands sell out will they make more or is it limited edition or something? I won't be going back to Disney till August.

cw1982

People may want to see Olaf more than anything else…

Well, that would be one way to add in a people eater while changes at HS might be taking away other attractions. Can you imagine what the initial wait times would be?

ETA: not that I like the idea of swapping out attractions for meet and greets, but it might work for a short-term solution (as long as it could really stay short-term, of course!)

Last edited:

Bolt

If the bands sell out will they make more or is it limited edition or something? I won't be going back to Disney till August.
It's classified as open edition - so no set amount to be created, it'll be sold until people stop buying them.

CTXRover

It's classified as open edition - so no set amount to be created, it'll be sold until people stop buying them.

The Frozen open edition bands will cost $19.95.

Source: Steven Miller on the Parks Blog reply section. The star wars bands were a limited edition set, and thus they made the cost a bit too high imo.

CTXRover

On a sidenote, that looks like a full-sized ice hockey rink… I can deal with that.

I've really underestimated this ice rink thing. I pictured something small, like what is seen on Royal Caribbean cruise ships. Apparently this is real ice too, not fake imitation cold plastic stuff. Not bad for something that was so quickly put together. I still won't be skating there, but I imagine it could be popular.

toasty

I've really underestimated this ice rink thing. I pictured something small, like what is seen on Royal Caribbean cruise ships. Apparently this is real ice too, not fake imitation cold plastic stuff. Not bad for something that was so quickly put together. I still won't be skating there, but I imagine it could be popular.

Yeah, I was expecting something that would pretty much put you in a constant state of turning. This is an honest-to-betsy ice rink. Good to see...

Mike S

Thank god they didn't build that coaster in there.
Lol, I actually have a question about that. My brother went during Star Wars weekends and when he went in Darth's Mall he said the building looks too small to put a coaster in. How would they have done it, exactly? Would they have expanded it somehow?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Lol, I actually have a question about that. My brother went during Star Wars weekends and when he went in Darth's Mall he said the building looks too small to put a coaster in. How would they have done it, exactly? Would they have expanded it somehow?
Soundstage One would have held the entrance, the front of the queue area, the exit store and the photopass area if I recall correctly.

It would have looked radically different too.

lebeau

Perhaps I've become numb to prices at Disney, but $59 for the Premium package actually seems sort of reasonable, esp. since you don't have the option of FP+ing any of that stuff. Plus booze is included with the fireworks package? I could absolutely make my money back on that alone.

If you're paying for the booze, I don't think you'll be disappointed based on my experience with the SWW package. That was one area where you could definitely get your money's worth.

Dwarful

The ice rink does look good and I could see people wanting to go in just for photo ops with the kiddos...esp. the girls who they dress up in the outfits.

I have two girls and I showed them the bands...they have no interest. Honestly I guess we just don't have the pixie dust spirit because we didn't decorate our bands in any way. lol.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster

I think it's going to be somewhere around insanely popular… Capacity could be an issue.

Not trying to start a rumor, but I would like to see this last until Christmas. Incorporate it into the limited holiday offerings that the studios have.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom