Frozen at Disney's Hollywood Studios for the summer?

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
I don't think it is not drinking in front of the kiddos but rather end up with a drinking around the world atmosphere at an event marketed for children. I didn't see anyone falling down drunk at the Star Wars events and it was the same thing with the drinks being offered in the Frozen Frenzy. But maybe there will be a parent or (two hundred) who are just so completely ready to "Let It Go" that they do indeed Let It Go! lol Honestly, you can get drinks at HS so those people who would enjoy a drink will do that regardless.

I think if I hear that song one more time, I'm going to need a fifth of vodka to chase it with.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
DW is by no means a kid and loves Frozen. While she isn't the target audience, she is a part of the audience. She is also over 21, so a couple of free drinks and desserts at reserved seating for fireworks is very well marketed to her.

The kids price is significantly less, so that seems appropriate to me. Why make parents leave the event to get a drink and then come back into the event - to me that would encourage less appropriate drinking practices. If I have to leave the event, I'm more likely to get two drinks (less trips out) and if I have two in my hands and it is 90 degrees, I'll drink them faster.

And the 'show' that we are paying the extra for (which includes the alcohol) is a fireworks show - last I checked fireworks shows are targeted to all ages. The Frozen theme is based on the latest Disney highly successful Disney movie, which (based on the two times we all saw it and the time DW and DD went to the sing-along showing) had audiences with more adults than kids (yes, I understand two parents for every kid) who are the same ones who will be coming to the Frozen fireworks at DHS.

Urban Dictionary suggests DW stands for Doctor Who, Don't Worry and something incredibly vulgar.

So… How long of you been the father of Dr. Who?

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
I don't agree that just because alcohol is around it automatically = trashed people vomiting in planters and garbage cans.

Excuse me? I never saw anybody out of control or passed out in planters were throwing up during Star Wars weekends.... Or really any time at Disney with the exception of the food and alcoholism festival.

So exactly what you trying to say here?

asianway

Excuse me? I never saw anybody out of control or passed out in planters were throwing up during Star Wars weekends.... Or really any time at Disney with the exception of the food and alcoholism festival.

I keep hearing the drink around the world crowd gets rowdy all year but then again I've never even witnessed it at FW. Probably due to my intense dislike of ROE and lack of desire to pay for overpriced drinks, I get out of Epcot early

Kman101

What does my post have to do with SWW? LOL. I'm not saying they were. I'm saying because alcohol is involved it DOESN'T mean people are throwing up all over the place.

It's been implied in some posts that alcohol present equals everyone trashed and vomiting. I'm saying including alcohol doesn't mean that everyone will be doing that.

I have no idea what in my post made you so ... angry?

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
What does my post have to do with SWW? LOL. I'm not saying they were. I'm saying because alcohol is involved it DOESN'T mean people are throwing up all over the place.

It's been implied in some posts that alcohol present equals everyone trashed and vomiting. I'm saying including alcohol doesn't mean that everyone will be doing that.

I have no idea what in my post made you so ... angry?

I misunderstood you through your inability to use a complete sentence there.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Urban Dictionary suggests DW stands for Doctor Who, Don't Worry and something incredibly vulgar.

So… How long of you been the father of Dr. Who?

I apologize for using DW to represent Disney Wife or Dear Wife, a habit carried over from other message boards that I thought was understood and assumed here.

As a Whovian since the late 1970s, I would never presume to have had any influence on that program.

Matt_Black

I apologize for using DW to represent Disney Wife or Dear Wife, a habit carried over from other message boards that I thought was understood and assumed here.

Don't apologize, I've seen that here from other posters, and always assumed that D stood for Dear and x stood for whatever family member you're talking about (w for wife, h for husband, d for daughter, etc.)

I think you may have just been subjected to a little good-natured ribbing.

vinnya1726

I've never done the SWW premium package, but I had read some pretty good reviews. Yes, just ice cream and a soda in the afternoon, but the review I read said there were 7 different desserts at the fireworks party (AYCE), so a little better than two miniature cupcakes.

I have to say I loved the SWW premium package...great view of the parade and the dessert party was fantastic. Yes the view of the fireworks was not the best, but it was not horrible either.

cbettua

I love food and alcholism festival as you put it! I also do drinking around the world, doesn't mean I am out of control. Just because there are some bad apples doesn't mean its the norm. Just saying! Also, I'm thankful for alcohol at 3 of the 4 parks as a drink relaxes me and when its crowded I get tense. To each their own!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I love food and alcholism festival as you put it! I also do drinking around the world, doesn't mean I am out of control. Just because there are some bad apples doesn't mean its the norm. Just saying! Also, I'm thankful for alcohol at 3 of the 4 parks as a drink relaxes me and when its crowded I get tense. To each their own!

Hes only bitter because hes wasted on two sniffs of the bar maids apron, then goes all radio Rental, thinking hes still using glass plates and covering his head and tripod with a cape.

RayTheFirefly

This. I love Food & Wine. I'm not sure why it's such a crime to have something marketed toward adults. 99.9999% of the people who attend are responsible and courteous.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom