Frozen at Disney's Hollywood Studios for the summer?

notnothin

New package available this morning:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...premium-package-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/

The Frozen Summer Fun Premium Package, available daily from July 5 – September 1, 2014 (with the exception of August 23), will offer guests reserved viewing for three of the park’s most anticipated new experiences. This package is a great way to see Princess Anna and Queen Elsa. Guests who book the package will check in at Min and Bills Dockside Diner starting at 10:30 a.m., then enjoy refreshments and reserved viewing for Anna & Elsa’s Royal Welcome procession at 11:00 a.m. Later on, they’ll experience reserved seating at one showing of For the First Time In Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration, which takes place between 12:30-7 p.m. The evening will end from 8:30 – 10PM with an exclusive dessert party in a reserved area for viewing of the nighttime Frozen fireworks spectacular. (Note: Anna and Elsa’s Royal Welcome procession and the dessert party offers a reserved viewing area, no seating is available. Wheelchairs and ECVs will be accommodated).

Packages cost $59 for adults and $34 for children (including tax and gratuity). Discounts do not apply. Park admission is required. Subject to restrictions and change without notice. Book this package now by calling 407-939-1939.

(Note: Guests will receive a credential for identification during the Royal Welcome procession viewing. If you are not able to attend the Royal Welcome procession viewing, please visit Guest Relations to check-in between 12 p.m. and 8 p.m. and select a show time for the sing-along celebration. After 8 p.m., please check-in at Min and Bill’s. Credential identification is non-transferrable and will not be replaced if lost or stolen.)

prfctlyximprct

New package available this morning:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...premium-package-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/

The Frozen Summer Fun Premium Package, available daily from July 5 – September 1, 2014 (with the exception of August 23), will offer guests reserved viewing for three of the park’s most anticipated new experiences. This package is a great way to see Princess Anna and Queen Elsa. Guests who book the package will check in at Min and Bills Dockside Diner starting at 10:30 a.m., then enjoy refreshments and reserved viewing for Anna & Elsa’s Royal Welcome procession at 11:00 a.m. Later on, they’ll experience reserved seating at one showing of For the First Time In Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration, which takes place between 12:30-7 p.m. The evening will end from 8:30 – 10PM with an exclusive dessert party in a reserved area for viewing of the nighttime Frozen fireworks spectacular. (Note: Anna and Elsa’s Royal Welcome procession and the dessert party offers a reserved viewing area, no seating is available. Wheelchairs and ECVs will be accommodated).

Packages cost $59 for adults and $34 for children (including tax and gratuity). Discounts do not apply. Park admission is required. Subject to restrictions and change without notice. Book this package now by calling 407-939-1939.

(Note: Guests will receive a credential for identification during the Royal Welcome procession viewing. If you are not able to attend the Royal Welcome procession viewing, please visit Guest Relations to check-in between 12 p.m. and 8 p.m. and select a show time for the sing-along celebration. After 8 p.m., please check-in at Min and Bill’s. Credential identification is non-transferrable and will not be replaced if lost or stolen.)

Can't say I blame them because I know guests will pay extra for this but come on!! There's already nothing to do at DHS and now they are charging for this? Rediculous.

cw1982

Can't say I blame them because I know guests will pay extra for this but come on!! There's already nothing to do at DHS and now they are charging for this? Rediculous.

Meh. I've seen other offerings that are more surprising than this one. Sounds a lot like a similar package that was offered during SWW. Anyone can still see these things; the pay goes for premium viewing areas for the processional and fireworks, guaranteed entrance to the show, and snacks/deserts. I can't see doing this, but if I had kids who love Frozen this might be worth it. At least it's not another $300 tour that comes with ten fastpasses and lunch after you buy a park hopper lol.

Jeffxz

According to a reservations CM, the dessert party will include alcoholic drinks. Looks like this will be similar to the SWW packages.

Dwarful

Yeah I think it will be something we see far too often. I personally am getting tired of all the 'add ons' I know people will do it and it won't impact my trips but it just seems like WDW is starting to get heavy handed with all of the extra add ons.

HRHPrincessAriel

Meh. I've seen other offerings that are more surprising than this one. Sounds a lot like a similar package that was offered during SWW. Anyone can still see these things; the pay goes for premium viewing areas for the processional and fireworks, guaranteed entrance to the show, and snacks/deserts. I can't see doing this, but if I had kids who love Frozen this might be worth it. At least it's not another $300 tour that comes with ten fastpasses and lunch after you buy a park hopper lol.
I would not pay no matter how much C begged. I'm mean like that though. ;)

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Well, we are some of the first to have booked the premium package. In terms of cost, I'll post after it happens to let you know it's 'worth.' Since it includes some kind of refreshments during the parade and desserts and alcoholic beverages during the fireworks, it seems like it may be a decent value (notice I didn't say good). DD9 is a huge Frozen fan and DW enjoys it and while I may not, I am a huge fan of not waiting in lines. Since we will be at DHS on July 5th (opening day of the Frozen events), I'd rather not stand for an hour plus to see a 20 minute sing-along show (I have a feeling that the wait may be significantly longer). Also, with reserved seatings at both the show and the fireworks, we can visit in the morning, get checked in, see the parade (and have 'refreshments') and reserve the very first sing-along show (at 12:30pm), then leave the park for rest and relaxation in the afternoons before returning for dessert, drinks, and fireworks.

Great value?? Yet to be seen. Knowing that we have already purchased our DD's Christmas present (she has agreed to this) and can relax a bit in terms of that for a while - might be priceless... ;)

Will post an update after Saturday!

John Case

Yes Frozen does not fit the Studios theme at all...but who cares. Hollywood Studios has always lacked a clear sense of identity almost since the park's inception. More money generated means a better chance future projects can be green lighted. I'm all for this.

disney4life2008

Am I the only one who has a problem with all of the "premium" offerings at the world as of the last 6 weeks? It all just seems so wrong in so many ways and I understand that disney is a business. Today alone WDWMAGIC reports two new premium offerings. Granted, to date nothing sounds of interest. The Frozen premium offering is laughable (to me) - I am not interested in deserts and for $60 I can get a whole meal at one of the TS restaurants plus alcohol at my resort or at the studios.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
Am I the only one who has a problem with all of the "premium" offerings at the world as of the last 6 weeks? It all just seems so wrong in so many ways and I understand that disney is a business. Today alone WDWMAGIC reports two new premium offerings. Granted, to date nothing sounds of interest. The Frozen premium offering is laughable (to me) - I am not interested in deserts and for $60 I can get a whole meal at one of the TS restaurants plus alcohol at my resort or at the studios.

The premium offerings are a result of people willing to pay for special access and privilege plain and simple. TDO is selling a higher level of access to those willing to pay for it, they are simply monetizing premium access viewing with a little free food and drink.

disney4life2008

The premium offerings are a result of people willing to pay for special access and privilege plain and simple. TDO is selling a higher level of access to those willing to pay for it, they are simply monetizing premium access viewing with a little free food and drink.

I completely understand that and no doubt there are plenty of people that will buy into every premium offering. I am just saying nothing is of interest to me. However, as others have suggested if they did a Haunted Mansion offering - I would be first in line.

notnothin

I know I'm in the minority here, but I wish they would go ahead and open up additional FP+ slots for extra $$$. It seems inevitable at this point.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
I know I'm in the minority here, but I wish they would go ahead and open up additional FP+ slots for extra $$$. It seems inevitable at this point.

I would gladly pay a lot of money for more FP+ access too. If they made more FP+ available to Deluxe Resorts, they would be fully booked all the time with no discounts needed IMO. In fact just the opportunity to reserve FP+ 60 days vs. 30 days is a deciding factor for some around here when they were trying to decide whether to stay on or off-site meaning people will pay for better access, actually a little sad TDO is just now realizing it.

asianway

This one is quite pathetic, but what if they did Frozen character dining? $100 and skip the 3 hour wait at MK. They'd be raking it in.

The Harambe offering seems to be good value. Villains event too. But a $60 dessert party for the same SRO access anyone does is not premium

disney4life2008

I am pretty sure that is on the horizon but my fear is that will result in a cut somewhere. My worst nightmare would be the elimination of EMHs (I think evening are at most risk of being cut - morning will stay). But the premium would be stay onsite and get 2 or 3 additional FP+ ranked by the hotel tiers. Remember, this was a model that we read about back some years ago where the expensive resorts would get 5, mods 4, values 3 (something to that effect). In terms of paying extra money for others - I am sure its in the books and will be tested first in the resorts then off site. Is there value in paying for FP+? In present day - NO. However, FP+MM+ has already transformed the wait times for many attractions and in the coming 12 to 16 months - wait times may be worse without a FP+. Even this past January where for ever - wait times has been next to nothing - many attractions had 20 or more waits.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom