Frozen at Disney's Hollywood Studios for the summer?

Animaniac93-98

"Don't worry, you can use the rental sock."

thelasttemptationofkrust7_thumb.png

seascape

Where did you read this?
I don't remember the article but it talked about renting skate and helmet forn $10.00 but it said you could use your own. Based on that I would expect the ice time is free. If I'm wrong I'm sorry but how can they charge $10.00 to rent stakes and helmet and give free ice time and then charge for those who have their own equipment.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I don't remember the article but it talked about renting skate and helmet forn $10.00 but it said you could use your own. Based on that I would expect the ice time is free. If I'm wrong I'm sorry but how can they charge $10.00 to rent stakes and helmet and give free ice time and then charge for those who have their own equipment.

The Disney Parks Blog says "Skating sessions are $10 for 30 minutes on the ice, including the use of ice skates, socks and a helmet." That leads me to believe it's $10 whether you use your own equipment or not.

cw1982

I agree with @danlb_2000 on this one. Just because you don't take advantage of everything that is included doesn't mean the price goes down. Granted, we don't know for sure, but it would be nice if there was more information that specified how much skating would cost if you bring your own skates, as this is very unclear.

Bolt

You are misinformed.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
The Disney Parks Blog says "Skating sessions are $10 for 30 minutes on the ice, including the use of ice skates, socks and a helmet." That leads me to believe it's $10 whether you use your own equipment or not.

I seriously doubt you can bring your own skates. In other news, has anyone seen my skates?

disney4life2008

I am soooo over this Frozen craze. I know its crazy popular, but seriously, I am looking forward to the next big thing. I do understand the need for this at HS though and have no complaints in that matter. Just saying I enjoyed the movie, but not the craze.

I am fed up myself - while I enjoyed the movie there is no comparison to Beauty and the Beast or The Little Mermaid (in terms of princess). I like the Lion King but I only prefer the music and the stage show at AK - the cartoon is not enjoyable. Frozen is overrated and for the life of me I do not see the craze besides little girls (and boys) have a new princess to look up to.

disney4life2008

They should just say it is rental skates only. Who wants to smell people's personal skates out in the heat of the park?

Hmmm ice skating at DHS? FAIL! Not interested! I can go ice skating for free on campus. And the thought of doing that type of exercise during my vacation is silly.

cw1982

They should just say it is rental skates only. Who wants to smell people's personal skates out in the heat of the park?

Yet another good point. Also, who wants to carry their skates around all day? I know I wouldn't be hopping over to HS just to ice skate for 30 minutes, but I would think carrying them around in a bag could be dangerous on some of the rides, so then you're getting into locker fees, etc. Probably more hassle than it's worth.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Yet another good point. Also, who wants to carry their skates around all day? I know I wouldn't be hopping over to HS just to ice skate for 30 minutes, but I would think carrying them around in a bag could be dangerous on some of the rides, so then you're getting into locker fees, etc. Probably more hassle than it's worth.

Probably be a very small number of people who bring their own equipment.

Bolt

I am fed up myself - while I enjoyed the movie there is no comparison to Beauty and the Beast or The Little Mermaid (in terms of princess). I like the Lion King but I only prefer the music and the stage show at AK - the cartoon is not enjoyable. Frozen is overrated and for the life of me I do not see the craze besides little girls (and boys) have a new princess to look up to.
Don't worry - you can enjoy DHS without having to participate.

Hat Stage sits empty during the day - so bonus show during the day
Premiere Theatre sits empty - so not missing anything
Soundstage One sits empty - so not missing anything
Dance Party is a Dance Party - no change for you.
Fireworks launch at 9:45pm - turn your head on the way out, hell, you might be able to get out of the lot easier since you are over the crazy

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
I cannot believe they are charging for this.... In a park with so few attraction. Yet another money making scam to foot the bill for MyMagic+

We'll add this to new tours, harambe nights, villains event, more halloween parties... You are so transparent TDO!

Funny, its not like they are a business trying to make $$$.

To be clear from my point of view $10 for 1/2 hour of ice skating is DIRT CHEAP, cheaper than it is here before ice skate rental charges.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.

I don't see it personally but a lot of people get it and have really bought into Frozen. Actually, I really liked Paperman much more than Frozen but that is simply my opinion, I am in the minority.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom