Rumor Frontierland Shootin' arcade to close and replaced with DVC Member lounge

pigglewiggle

You're bitter lol. We deserve to be treated as the cream of the crop and should have the red carpet rolled out for us every time we set foot on property. If that means some "poor" family doesn't get an exclusive lounge, so be it. This "attraction" has always been a huge waste of space, so good riddance. Keep seething.

DVC was the best investment we've ever made and considering we go 2-3 times a year it was "paid off" in no time. It's certainly one of the best timeshares out there in terms of quality accommodations and flexibility of visiting compared to the timeshare my grandparents own, which is extremely limiting.

Is this a serious post?

I would rather see something all guests can use, rather than a DVC lounge.
Or I'd rather see something like a sensory room for those who would need something like that, to take a calming break from the noise.
So many better things that they could do other than an exclusive lounge.

ToTBellHop

Is this a serious post?

I would rather see something all guests can use, rather than a DVC lounge.
Or I'd rather see something like a sensory room for those who would need something like that, to take a calming break from the noise.
So many better things that they could do other than an exclusive lounge.
With respect, Disney needs to do a helluva lot more for its biggest fans—DVC members and AP holders. If they’d like some ideas, they can check with their competitor up I-4 (not the one with fish).

The arcade is low hanging fruit, problematic, centrally-located, poorly utilized, and in need of refurbishment. It’s a good choice for a multitude of reasons.

pigglewiggle

With respect, Disney needs to do a helluva lot more for its biggest fans—DVC members and AP holders. If they’d like some ideas, they can check with their competitor up I-4 (not the one with fish).

The arcade is low hanging fruit, problematic, centrally-located, poorly utilized, and in need of refurbishment. It’s a good choice for a multitude of reasons.

Maybe

I would argue they need to do more for resort guests, but that's another thread.

EricsBiscuit

Hopefully this rumor turns out to be false. It would be yet another blow to what’s left of MK’s heritage and thematic integrity. The assertion by some that guns are problematic is a sad. They are certainly a part of American culture, which is what the park sets out to portray. There is absolutely nothing offensive about the use of guns at an arcade. It will be very sad to see this go.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

And it’ll be great next to the new shopping area that they’ll build next year that will stretch all the way between the walkway and Tiana’s new restaurant, formerly Pecos Bill’s.

Disstevefan1

This info seems to be out there now, so just to confirm that there are plans to replace the Frontierland Shootin' Arcade with a new DVC Member Lounge. Closure likely around the end of May. Disney has yet to announce anything beyond the previously news of a new DVC lounge in an unnamed location.
This makes sense. The DVCers are loyal fans that are financially committed to WDW so they deserve perks.

Also Disney wants to eventually erase Frontierland, guns and Walt Disney so.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom