Rumor Frontierland Shootin' arcade to close and replaced with DVC Member lounge

Surferboy567

Brayden has also made a comment I won’t post here due to it being a response to a politically charged tweet. He also seems to believe that they want to do something in liberty square.

“Future events may render this tweet rather unfortunate in regards to what they want to do in liberty square”.

Source: SirBrayden on Twitter

It’s been a long time since I’ve summoned someone to a thread but here goes hey @marni1971 have you heard anything about this?

Again, this may or may not be true but he does have a track record so it’s worth discussion at the very least.

pigglewiggle

Brayden has also made a comment I won’t post here due to it being a response to a politically charged tweet. He also seems to believe that they want to do something in liberty square.

“Future events may render this tweet rather unfortunate in regards to what they want to do in liberty square”.

Source: SirBrayden on Twitter

It’s been a long time since I’ve summoned someone to a thread but here goes hey @marni1971 have you heard anything about this?

Again, this may or may not be true but he does have a track record so it’s worth discussion at the very least.

It's implying that they'd be getting rid of Hall of Presidents, correct?

Not sure I believe that.

pigglewiggle

Honestly, not sure what he’s implying here. He was talking about a haunted mansion restaurant a few months back maybe it’s that?

I can only imagine the…fun discussions on here if hall goes. I doubt it very much Disney would do that.
I would miss it for the amazing animatronics. Not for much else. 😄

ToTBellHop

They are not getting rid of Liberty Square, Frontierland, and Adventureland. C’mon.

Add a Waldorf and Statler to heckle the Presidents and you’ll see seats full.

“Hey, Abraham! You look even worse in 3D! Four score and 7 seconds into your speech, we fell asleep!”

“Thomas, judging by your wig, it apparently isn’t self-evident that all men were created equal! Doh ho ho ho ho!”

Surferboy567

They are not getting rid of Liberty Square, Frontierland, and Adventureland. C’mon.

Add a Waldorf and Statler to heckle the Presidents and you’ll see seats full.

“Hey, Abraham! You look even worse in 3D! Four score and 7 seconds into your speech, we fell asleep!”

“Thomas, judging by your wig, it apparently isn’t self-evident that all men were created equal! Doh ho ho ho ho!”
That’s why I want to highly preface it’s a rumor before discussion gets off the rails.

I personally think they’d not touch the hall because if they did…yeah the media coverage would be fun to say the least.

ToTBellHop

Adventure and exploration, those two essential elements of the MK, require open doors. Not closed ones everywhere you go: AL Veranda -> Club 33k
FL shooting gallery -> Timeshare Airport lounge
Castle & Entrance FL -> BBB
TL entrance -> dessert party
You can still walk through the castle. BBB replaced a shop that sold nothing. Tomorrowland Terrace isn’t the entrance to Tomorrowland and the pathway is open all day, regardless.

The DVC lounge at Epcot is VERY popular. Sorry to those who haven’t learned the best kept secret yet. Maybe 2025 will be your year.

Tha Realest

Looking at it objectively the entire west side of MK is eventually going to be changed, even BTMRR which will get some sort of IP/Gift shop exit revamp at some point in the future.

Tom Sawyer’s Island is on borrowed time.
Arcade? Seems like a rumor but likely gone.

Adventureland? I can see almost all of it replaced, only question is how long it takes outside of POTC.

Liberty Square? I can see all of that replaced as well.

Note, these are simply hunches based on what is happening now.
Why add capacity when you can just erase that which you view as problematic?

vikescaper

I’m indifferent to this. I think the last time I stopped at the shooting arcade was during one of the 24 hour events so it is very low on my to-do list. Since I am not a DVC owner, I would not be using the lounge either.

The Leader of the Club

Looking at it objectively the entire west side of MK is eventually going to be changed, even BTMRR which will get some sort of IP/Gift shop exit revamp at some point in the future.

Tom Sawyer’s Island is on borrowed time.
Arcade? Seems like a rumor but likely gone.

Adventureland? I can see almost all of it replaced, only question is how long it takes outside of POTC.

Liberty Square? I can see all of that replaced as well.

Note, these are simply hunches based on what is happening now.
I don’t think Pirates, Jungle Cruise, or Haunted Mansion would go anywhere.

I would not be shocked if the Tiki Room gets a similar update to the CBJ one, if that is a success.

Smaller attractions like Tom Sawyer’s Island, Swiss Family Treehouse Shooting Gallery, Hall of Presidents, etc. may be at risk for sure, but I’d be shocked if they touched another Magic Kingdom E-Ticket.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
That’s why I want to highly preface it’s a rumor before discussion gets off the rails.

I personally think they’d not touch the hall because if they did…yeah the media coverage would be fun to say the least.
There's a tweet in another thread that he says something about Tom Sawyer island and go visit it once last time before it's gone, adds to it allegedly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom