Rumor Frontierland Shootin' arcade to close and replaced with DVC Member lounge

Casper Gutman

This is nothing new though. I also disagree with the criticisms of how other people spend their money, definitely could be unwise to you, but others obviously see value. I'm sure there are some who probably shouldn't have borrowed agains their means, but in the scheme of the timeshare industry you can't do worse than DVC, honestly the only timeshare I would ever ever recommend if someone truly wanted to do it.
I think it’s fair to criticize folks for investing in something that makes the resort experience worse for everyone else. It’s been a transparently terrible idea from day one and what’s followed was predictable.

tissandtully

I think it’s fair to criticize folks for investing in something that makes the resort experience worse for everyone else. It’s been a transparently terrible idea from day one and what’s followed was predictable.
You seemed to be criticizing them for personal financial decisions, certainly fair to criticize the effect of their decisions on your experience though. Different complaints.

Andrew25

New lounge will be themed after the "exiting the Magic Kingdom post-fireworks" experience.

That is a rather small space for a lounge at the busiest theme park in the world. I can understand their desire to remove guns from the parks, but I'm very surprised they don't just turn it into some sort of gift shop while giving Tomorrowland Terrace a proper update and just have that act as the DVC lounge during the day/dessert parties at night.

JohnD

Yeah it was surprisingly easy to use, I've never had to wait for a gun.
Looks like I won't get to try it one last time. I was looking at another trip the week after Memorial Day. But I'm very likely having rotator cuff surgery prior that so will be out of commission for a while. When I return in October, I guess it will be gone.

tanc

On one hand, I think it's definitely time to replace it. Most people probably don't even know that it exists or use the attraction. On the other hand, if it is DVC exclusive then it would be a damn shame. DVC is becoming a bane upon WDW, but the consumers are to blame for buying into it. I wonder if they will make a saloon or something, which would be a nice replacement.

tissandtully

On one hand, I think it's definitely time to replace it. Most people probably don't even know that it exists or use the attraction. On the other hand, if it is DVC exclusive then it would be a damn shame. DVC is becoming a bane upon WDW, but the consumers are to blame for buying into it. I wonder if they will make a saloon or something, which would be a nice replacement.
A saloon theme would be cool, but I don't think there's a lot of budget for DVC theming

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
How is DVC becoming a bane upon WDW?

trainplane3

I continue to be… deeply frustrated… by guests who support DVC.

While Disney is ultimately responsible for the mess, DVC makes cold, hard sense from their perspective. For the folks buying in, however…
DVC used to be a bargain decades ago. As a DVC member, I can't recommend anyone buy into it now. Seeing the prices with the new hotels they offer, it's bad.

tissandtully

DVC used to be a bargain decades ago. As a DVC member, I can't recommend anyone buy into it now. Seeing the prices with the new hotels they offer, it's bad.
yeah I do agree the prices now are kinda wild. They also have the least pushy sales people, so if someone wants to get into it, they had plenty of opportunities not to.

Casper Gutman

I sat for the sales pitch the first or second year it was offered. It was clear from the start that it was a bad investment that would incentivize negative behavior from Disney (perhaps not to the extent it has, however).

nickys

Premium Member
Unless you're a frequent visitor, the days of meandering and trying things out are over
That’s a decision up to each guest, and I don’t think it always correlates to how often they visit.

I’m a far from frequent visitor but I do plenty of meandering around, which probably explains why I never get everything done that I want to even with 2 weeks to do so. But that’s my choice. My experience of Touring Plans is that the majority of active forum users at least are regular visitors, usually more than once a year. And they are still focussed on getting as much done as they possibly can.

A fairground “shoot-em-up” game isn’t high on my list of must-do activities, although I had fun when my sons were young enough to aim at the Big Thunder carriages from Fort Langholm! But to others it might be a fun diversion.

nickys

Premium Member
I sat for the sales pitch the first or second year it was offered. It was clear from the start that it was a bad investment that would incentivize negative behavior from Disney (perhaps not to the extent it has, however).
That “bad investment” might have paid for itself many times over if you’d bought in back then.

Heck my investment 14 years ago has paid for itself with 4 vacations. Nowadays though it would take a lot longer, 2010 was just before prices started to rise astronomically.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom