Rumor Frontierland Shootin' arcade to close and replaced with DVC Member lounge

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
It will be interesting to see how this is received when announced. I think very few guests use the arcade, and a lounge is a useful addition for the lucky DVC members who can use it. Will this be seen as an overall plus for the park?
The one at Epcot was very difficult to get into early on, especially with the blue DVC card /white DVC card confusion, but now it's pretty much walkup with no wait. I would expect the same when this opens. I'd probably hit it up to explore, but if it is unbearably crowded or an excessive wait, it would probably drive down any positive reactions.

JohnD

This info seems to be out there now, so just to confirm that there are plans to replace the Frontierland Shootin' Arcade with a new DVC Member Lounge. Closure likely around the end of May. Disney has yet to announce anything beyond the previously news of a new DVC lounge in an unnamed location.
First heard about it yesterday. Didn't want to comment being that it was April Fools Day and all. I guess for Disney (not us), it's a win-win. Can't have anything with guns in it anymore, don't you know. And they get to put it in another exclusive DVC location.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
I think it will all happen. We've seen WDI all over Pecos Bill, and I think it is just a matter of time.
I don't have a problem with this, because they're at least keeping continuity of the theming, and Pecos Bill needs a refresh to something new. But it seems so late to the game, almost like an afterthought. If they've been developing TBA since 2018, you'd figure that they'd be further ahead. Maybe covid derailed it?

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I don't have a problem with this, because they're at least keeping continuity of the theming, and Pecos Bill needs a refresh to something new. But it seems so late to the game, almost like an afterthought. If they've been developing TBA since 2018, you'd figure that they'd be further ahead. Maybe covid derailed it?
Or Bob

Surferboy567

I guess this was the Frontierland tidbit they gave a few months ago...

Just wondering if they got cold feet with re-theming Peco's to a Tiana's QS/TS.
I’d be super shocked if we didn’t get Tiana‘s not sure what’s taking them.

Side Note: I feel like they are going a little to “in“ with Princess and the Frog at Disneyland. TWO Giftshops as well as the restaurant and the attraction. That seems like a little much for me and they are sacrificing half of Pooh’s retail space. I’m excited for the new attraction (cautiously) but was there really that much demand for PATF?

castlecake2.0

It will be interesting to see how this is received when announced. I think very few guests use the arcade, and a lounge is a useful addition for the lucky DVC members who can use it. Will this be seen as an overall plus for the park?
If it coincides with an overall refresh of this building block, on both frontier and adventure sides then it’s a plus, if they just board it up with a wall then a small loss.

bmr1591

I continue to be… deeply frustrated… by guests who support DVC.

While Disney is ultimately responsible for the mess, DVC makes cold, hard sense from their perspective. For the folks buying in, however…

I mean, DVC is its own monster, but a shooting arcade that looks straight out of a Bass Pro Shop being replaced by a lounge is not a big deal. Frontierland needs a lot of work in general, but removing this is so far down the totem pole of levels of importance, I don't understand the outcry.

Bocabear

Whatever happened to the Florida Citrus Growers lounge at the Enchanted Tiki Room? I know they had one at one point....and there is some empty space in Tomorrowland just sitting there unused....
but the loss of the Shootin' Gallery will not be a huge deal... I loved it when I was a kid though... Maybe it is time to think about re-theming from CBJ to the corner into a New Orleans River Bend and turn Tall Tale Cafe into a proper Tiana's Palace...

tissandtully

I mean, DVC is its own monster, but a shooting arcade that looks straight out of a Bass Pro Shop being replaced by a lounge is not a big deal. Frontierland needs a lot of work in general, but removing this is so far down the totem pole of levels of importance, I don't understand the outcry.
Let's also not forget it is something that used to actually cost money and requires maintenance, now it's something that is free and doesn't pull in money and costs maintenance, we all know what the MBAs looking at it are going to do.

Casper Gutman

It’s taking something that used to be available to every park guest and making it available to a select group that has made a (profoundly unwise) long-term financial commitment to Disney. It’s more of the stratification of the park experience, creating “classes” among guests.

tissandtully

It’s taking something that used to be available to every park guest and making it available to a select group that has made a (profoundly unwise) long-term financial commitment to Disney. It’s more of the stratification of the park experience, creating “classes” among guests.
This is nothing new though. I also disagree with the criticisms of how other people spend their money, definitely could be unwise to you, but others obviously see value. I'm sure there are some who probably shouldn't have borrowed agains their means, but in the scheme of the timeshare industry you can't do worse than DVC, honestly the only timeshare I would ever ever recommend if someone truly wanted to do it.

JohnD

Let's also not forget it is something that used to actually cost money and requires maintenance, now it's something that is free and doesn't pull in money and costs maintenance, we all know what the MBAs looking at it are going to do.
We can lament its the end of a bygone era. But at the same time, how many people actually use it? I don't think I've ever gone in. I was in MK several weeks ago with a family. It was all about VQ, G+, and ILL when we were there. Unless you're a frequent visitor, the days of meandering and trying things out are over.

tissandtully

We can lament its the end of a bygone era. But at the same time, how many people actually use it? I don't think I've ever gone in. I was in MK several weeks ago with a family. It was all about VQ, G+, and ILL when we were there. Unless you're a frequent visitor, the days of meandering and trying things out are over.
Yeah it was surprisingly easy to use, I've never had to wait for a gun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom