Rumor Frontierland Shootin' arcade to close and replaced with DVC Member lounge

Surferboy567

I’m not surprised, once I heard it was “marked“ as “problematic“ by that review team (I don’t remember where I heard that I think it was here though) it’s days were numbered. To be quite honest, I don’t really have love for this arcade and don’t really care from that point of view. This does however hold historic value and I value that more.

One thing this does however remind me of is how bad of a problem DVC is becoming. It‘s taking up virtually all the investment at the park (this is only in reference to currently, I expect huge announcements at D23) with the hotels that seem to be built every few years. While the parks contunue to get nothing, now they are encroaching on the parks and removing experiences for this DVC lounges. I’m sure it’s great for all the DVC members but this is clearly getting out of control IMHO.

Side Note: If they announce another DVC property at D23 and don’t announce new additions…I’m not going to be a happy camper in that audience. In a huge arena that kinda announcement isn’t going to fly.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
I lament the loss but will love having a lounge at MK.
CGI rendering of the inside of the lounge, during off peak time.
Closer To The Edge People GIF by THIRTY SECONDS TO MARS

Castle Cake Apologist

Every day I realize more and more that this company is no longer building the parks for long-time frequent visit fans like me, and it really makes me very sad after nearly 40 years of visiting. At this point, it's been a few years since my last visit and I really don't plan on going back any time soon.

Imagine the mental gymnastics that led to the approval of removing a general access attraction and replacing it with a lounge that's only for select guests. A lounge that (allegedly) won't even have restrooms? Come on. I honestly don't understand how anybody could defend this one.

Last edited:

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I’m not surprised, once I heard it was “marked“ as “problematic“ by that review team (I don’t remember where I heard that I think it was here though) it’s days were numbered. To be quite honest, I don’t really have love for this arcade and don’t really care from that point of view. This does however hold historic value and I value that more.

One thing this does however remind me of is how bad of a problem DVC is becoming. It‘s taking up virtually all the investment at the park (this is only in reference to currently, I expect huge announcements at D23) with the hotels that seem to be built every few years. While the parks contunue to get nothing, now they are encroaching on the parks and removing experiences for this DVC lounges. I’m sure it’s great for all the DVC members but this is clearly getting out of control IMHO.

Side Note: If they announce another DVC property at D23 and don’t announce new additions…I’m not going to be a happy camper in that audience. In a huge arena that kinda announcement isn’t going to fly.
DVC members mostly pay for those resorts….they aren’t really taking away from building attractions. Disney just chooses to obtain more DVC members so there is guaranteed occupancy and spend basically. Sad but true and I’m one of the suckers

Also I would claim there are more guest relation tents thanks to Genie+ taking up more space in the parks. The DVC lounge at Epcot is using what was previously unused space.

monothingie

Premium Member
DVC members mostly pay for those resorts….they aren’t really taking away from building attractions. Disney just chooses to obtain more DVC members so there is guaranteed occupancy and spend basically. Sad but true and I’m one of the suckers

Also I would claim there are more guest relation tents thanks to Genie+ taking up more space in the parks. The DVC lounge at Epcot is using what was previously unused space.
They have the Tomorrowland Terrace eyesore that just sits empty for the majority of the day. They could easily renovate it, make it a flex space for lounge purposes during the day and after 6PM convert it for the De$$ert party.

Brian

Not that the shootin' arcade was bustling, but there will now be even less to do in Frontierland for the average guest.

For a brief period of time, the only attraction in Frontierland will be BTM, and the only significant offering on the path from Liberty Square to BTM will be Pecos Bills. Frontierland will look just like an old western ghost town.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
They have the Tomorrowland Terrace eyesore that just sits empty for the majority of the day. They could easily renovate it, make it a flex space for lounge purposes during the day and after 6PM convert it for the De$$ert party.
Oh I can think of other places the DVC lounge could go in MK

But ya know….guns and all and this Disney. They’ll probably take them away from the pirates and the 2 haunted mansion ghosts in the picture frames in the ballroom eventually

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
The shooting arcade was never going to survive much longer anyway. That doesn’t mean I approve of its replacement (I won’t benefit from it in any way), but in this day and age, attractions involving (non-galactic) guns have very little chance of survival.
Yep the arcade was on borrowed time, and I'm actually surprised it lasted this long.

flyerjab

This is now most likely going to be the boundary between Liberty Square and New Orleans Square. Pecos Bill is most likely next.

monothingie

Premium Member
Oh I can think of other places the DVC lounge could go in MK
They could have stuck it above the Tomorrow Land bathrooms and it will still have a wait time on par with Mine Train.
But ya know….guns and all and this Disney. They’ll probably take them away from the pirates and the 2 haunted mansion ghosts in the picture frames in the ballroom eventually
I know I feel much safer with another problematic element removed from a Disney park.

monothingie

Premium Member
No.

Allegedly.
Well the one at Epcot you have to go down the elevator, exit the building, walk around the entire front of the building and then you arrive at the restrooms.

I guess that's one way to limit how many free refills from the Coke Freestyle machines lounge guests can have.

mattpeto

I guess this was the Frontierland tidbit they gave a few months ago...

Just wondering if they got cold feet with re-theming Peco's to a Tiana's QS/TS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom