Rumor Frontierland Shootin' arcade to close and replaced with DVC Member lounge

GoofTroop80

Sorry if this was talked about already, but weren't there corporate lounges in Tomorrowland back in the day? Why wouldn't they dust off one of those for a DVC Lounge?

RickP330

Would be great if they could incorporate the Shooting Gallery with the fort on Tom Sawyer Island.
I'm afraid that's going to be next with the new land behind it. But I think we have some time left for a last hurrah on that one. I went on a solo trip last weekend and got my fill of the arcade. Time to move on, it's pretty dated now.
RP

Attachments

• IMG_2892.jpg
    IMG_2892.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_2903.jpg
    IMG_2903.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 63

Club Cooloholic

The shooting arcade is absolutely not a "must do". Just like Tom Sawyer Island or the Railroad aren't "must do's." However it's a fun little diversion in a park rapidly losing those types of experiences. Disney absolutely could put this somewhere else, as Magic Kingdom does not maximize it's unused space like Disneyland does, but it's likely the cheapest place to put it, and therefore it will be done there.
Sometimes these little diversions are what saves a day. Not every kid that struggles with lines, and that is 90 percent of kids under 12, gets DAS, but taking some time out of the day to do these little diversions while mom is in a shop or waiting for a parade, it's a life saver and kids love it. I don't know what the retheme will look like at Dinoland but they better keep some kind of playground there. The Honey I Shrunk play area at HS was great and then they took it out and still nothing like that has replaced it.

Last edited:

Jrb1979

Ours is not nearly as bad as DL and that has been stated by people who have visited both.

Obviously both need a huge update.

It doesn’t really matter where it went because people would still complain about Disney replacing potential attraction space with a DVC lounge.

The parks are not static and change over time so this closing is a par for the course. Its popularity has clearly plummeted to the point there is no reason to keep it open any longer.
I agree that the parks are not static and do change over time. I expect that. While this attraction may not have been a draw like it once was at least it was another thing to do. What these parks need is more capacity not taking it away to sell over priced crappy time shares

JoeCamel

I agree that the parks are not static and do change over time. I expect that. While this attraction may not have been a draw like it once was at least it was another thing to do. What these parks need is more capacity not taking it away to sell over priced crappy time shares
To be honest when they charged it was an overpriced and crappy shooting gallery

eddie104

Fair enough.

However is it truly hurting capacity if nobody is using it?

Bocabear

a new DVC resort? Or regular resort?
I don't think there is enough demand for another completely new resort...From what I gather from the remarks here, there are tons of vacancies all the time....enough for them to convert portions of theGrand Floridian and Polynesian over to DVC units... and the Moderates are all the price of the Premium resorts, and the resorts are now in the moderate plus priceline...When you can stay at the Westin Dolphin for cheaper than the Port Orleans, something is out of whack

Bocabear

There was, back in the day, a lounge for the Florida Citrus Growesr association at the Enchanted Tiki Room, And RCA Lounge, and I think something for Monsanto...Not sure if there was ever an Eastern Airlines lounge....

KDM31091

I totally agree with (and have made) the argument that the parks need more capacity, and this is technically reducing capacity. However, I'd imagine the numbers of guests using the arcade vs the number that will be in the lounge is going to be pretty similar. A handful either way.

Raineman

I totally agree with (and have made) the argument that the parks need more capacity, and this is technically reducing capacity. However, I'd imagine the numbers of guests using the arcade vs the number that will be in the lounge is going to be pretty similar. A handful either way.
The issue here is that the arcade was open to everyone, where the lounge is exclusive to only DVC members, which are a minority among the guests at WDW. Disney loves to promote diversity and inclusion-but only when it comes to things that will not directly make them more $$$.

John park hopper

a new DVC resort? Or regular resort?
I don't think there is enough demand for another completely new resort...From what I gather from the remarks here, there are tons of vacancies all the time....enough for them to convert portions of theGrand Floridian and Polynesian over to DVC units... and the Moderates are all the price of the Premium resorts, and the resorts are now in the moderate plus priceline...When you can stay at the Westin Dolphin for cheaper than the Port Orleans, something is out of whack
There would be no empty rooms if Disney wasn't so greedy and charged outrageous prices for supposed deluxe which they are not. Maybe it's by design so they can convert more to DVC which is a big money maker

Raineman

There would be no empty rooms if Disney wasn't so greedy and charged outrageous prices for supposed deluxe which they are not. Maybe it's by design so they can convert more to DVC which is a big money maker
It's pretty sad when you can rent a 5 bedroom vacation home in Davenport or Kissimmee for a week+, for less than a DVC villa for two nights.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom