Rumor Frontierland Shootin' arcade to close and replaced with DVC Member lounge

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Please just make it good. I know it's just a small lounge that's going be packed with hot and sweaty DVC folks, but please just don't strive to make it on par with the United Airline Club lounge at MCO.
Wait... Is that "hot, and sweaty, DVC folks" or "hot and sweaty DVC folks"?

jeanericuser001

Nah. I know it was a joke question but I wonder how gray this lounge will be. At the very least they could play the Pioneer Hall loop as background music but it'll probably be some garbage airport lobby music instead.

Well they could get one of the old animatronics and have it sing some songs to keep the kids entertained. It would be a DVC Lounge Singer.
Since the argument is that the Frontierland Arcade has been sparsely used, probably since 2012, why is this now being changed into something else? What has changed in the last 12 years? Was there no money anywhere that could be spent on this? (Hint: The likely reason has a team for it) Just because some refuse to admit it doesn't make it untrue.

They are trying to turn frontier land into the equivalent of flavorless colored cotton candy. It looks pretty, seems tasteful, and it might be nice to enjoy but once you get past the obvious its just not worth enjoying for very long. Besides this whole thing stinks of another guest distraction. Distract enough DVC people to visit the lounge and you cut back on tables taken at Pecos Bills or people waiting in line at rides. It might not be a lot but every little bit helps.

pdude81

Yes, because a lounge in Magic Kingdom where you can get a single snack bag and a beverage is going to entice people to drop $30-40k on a DVC contract. :rolleyes: Lounges aren't a benefit that anyone is asking for.
The Epcot lounge is very popular with members. And if they want to continue selling contracts, they need to point to some value other than being allowed to buy one of the same passes as people who live in Florida. So that wouldn't be the decision maker, not by a long shot... but they wouldn't be building a lounge if they didn't think it would be very popular.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
The Epcot lounge is very popular with members. And if they want to continue selling contracts, they need to point to some value other than being allowed to buy one of the same passes as people who live in Florida. So that wouldn't be the decision maker, not by a long shot... but they wouldn't be building a lounge if they didn't think it would be very popular.

The other thing is that Florida residents visiting enough already buy the same, or cheaper, annual pass and get the same discounts so if Disney wants to sell more direct points to people within a few hours drive they need to differentiate from resale contracts.

FWIW the current upcharge is about $7,500 if someone were to buy 150 points needed for direct benefits at OKW at $145 with incentives instead of about $95 resale. It's not as high as numbers other put out here but it's still a big number that's basically just for lounges + *opportunity without guarantee* to book Moonlight Magic and the occasional event. It's not convincing enough to some Florida families I know that could pretty easily pay the difference.

eddie104

The team in charge of finding "problematic" things strikes again. I wonder what's next on their hit list?
I don’t think that’s the reason it’s going away.
It's too bad there are more people talking about how they love this in the forum than actually using it in the park. I suspect that's a big part of why it's not hanging around.
Ironic isn’t it?

disney fan 13

The shooting arcade is absolutely not a "must do". Just like Tom Sawyer Island or the Railroad aren't "must do's." However it's a fun little diversion in a park rapidly losing those types of experiences. Disney absolutely could put this somewhere else, as Magic Kingdom does not maximize it's unused space like Disneyland does, but it's likely the cheapest place to put it, and therefore it will be done there.

eddie104

The shooting arcade is absolutely not a "must do". Just like Tom Sawyer Island or the Railroad aren't "must do's." However it's a fun little diversion in a park rapidly losing those types of experiences. Disney absolutely could put this somewhere else, as Magic Kingdom does not maximize it's unused space like Disneyland does, but it's likely the cheapest place to put it, and therefore it will be done there.
Their Tomorrowland saids hello lol. 😂

eddie104

Both Tomorrowlands are in seriously rough shape - why can’t the DVC member lounge go where stitch was!?
Ours is not nearly as bad as DL and that has been stated by people who have visited both.

Obviously both need a huge update.

It doesn’t really matter where it went because people would still complain about Disney replacing potential attraction space with a DVC lounge.

The parks are not static and change over time so this closing is a par for the course. Its popularity has clearly plummeted to the point there is no reason to keep it open any longer.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The other thing is that Florida residents visiting enough already buy the same, or cheaper, annual pass and get the same discounts so if Disney wants to sell more direct points to people within a few hours drive they need to differentiate from resale contracts.

FWIW the current upcharge is about $7,500 if someone were to buy 150 points needed for direct benefits at OKW at $145 with incentives instead of about $95 resale. It's not as high as numbers other put out here but it's still a big number that's basically just for lounges + *opportunity without guarantee* to book Moonlight Magic and the occasional event. It's not convincing enough to some Florida families I know that could pretty easily pay the difference.
OKW was $145/point during the recent promo (I ignore most DVC promotional emails because I'm not looking to buy)? That's shockingly low when they're trying to sell Riviera and the FW Cabins for well over $200/point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom